Online gaming

which game should we play online

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Gamespy was a foggy area for me. Online gaming is all foggy except star wars battlefront :P. You'll have to walk me though it when we find a date where we can all play.

agent509

GateFans Noob
As there are a few of us that are interested in video games the idea of having an online battle between members has been brought up. The question is which game would we use to kick each others arses?

Feel free to promote the game that you prefer and select one from the poll. When there is enough consensus on which game it will be things can move forward.

If your favourite game is not on the poll let me know and I will add it on.

I'm all for either Crysis, starcraft II, or any of the aoe series. I've got all the aoe series, but am thinking about getting starcraft II and crysis

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Should we set up dates for the games as most of the votes have accumulated?

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Ahh! I didn't see this thread!

That would be awesome! Of those, the only one that could play on my laptop at college is Age of Empires 2. Let me know what you all want to do. I could also do Starcraft (the first one). I don't have Starcraft 2 yet.

agent509

GateFans Noob
has anyoe played star trek bridge commander? I have an awesome stargate mod for it that has go'auld ships, wriath ships, ori ships, midway station, supergate, puddle jumper, almost all of the different bc-304s. It's also got asgard ships, replicator ships, ancient ships, and you can even get atlantis on the side.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is it good?

has anyoe played star trek bridge commander? I have an awesome stargate mod for it that has go'auld ships, wriath ships, ori ships, midway station, supergate, puddle jumper, almost all of the different bc-304s. It's also got asgard ships, replicator ships, ancient ships, and you can even get atlantis on the side.

Is it a sim or a game?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I've been playing it for years but I never managed to get the Stargate ship pack working properly as it would always crash the came & the mod installers are a ball ache. It's really disappointing as I always wanted to try out the O'Neill or Beliskner class ships.

agent509

GateFans Noob
Is it a sim or a game?

it's a full game, but the mod doesn't have a campaign, so it's pretty much just a sim, but it has full multiplayer support

I've been playing it for years but I never managed to get the Stargate ship pack working properly as it would always crash the came & the mod installers are a ball ache. It's really disappointing as I always wanted to try out the O'Neill or Beliskner class ships.

it's actually pretty easy if you know how to do it and in what order in the first place. It took me several hours to get it working, but once I did, I could install it on other computers within a few minutes.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I've heard of it, but I've never looked into it. I'd be willing to buy the game though.

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
Stargate Resistance! :D

The only online games that i play are:

Stargate Raesistance :D Fun game and it's way more exciting than SGU.
Name - Atlantis Orka or F-302 Orka
Clan - [5th]

Also play JumpGate
Name - F302Orka

alien0

GateFans Noob
for strategy i love supreme commander: forged alliance.
for action i'm playin battlefield bad companie 2... and i'm quite thrilled by it.
good chance i buy bfbc2:vietnam (addon).. it's gonna get released in a few days.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Hey so anyone want to sign up to play an AOE game?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I have AOE 2. If you'll teach me how to do the direct thing. I'll participate.