Online gaming

which game should we play online

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I was about to skip this thread since I'm not a big game but the poll caught my eye. I was about to leave when AOE caught my attention! I love AOE, though I suck at it, especially online. Which AOE do you have? I have AOE 2. Age of Kings.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Dawn of war 1 or 2 are probably my most played RTS's, followed by AOE 3. As another thought, there is always good old Diablo 2 for some 8 way player fun :)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Seeing as Crysis is the only game i can play ATM...

:P not that i'd play it though. I've given up on online gaming TBH. Only single player for me :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have them all!

I was about to skip this thread since I'm not a big game but the poll caught my eye. I was about to leave when AOE caught my attention! I love AOE, though I suck at it, especially online. Which AOE do you have? I have AOE 2. Age of Kings.

AOE was my second favorite game series behind Starcraft. I have the original, AOE2 (Age of Kings), AOE 3 (Asian Dynasties and War Cheifs). I also have Age of Mythology and another game called Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds which was based upon the AOE game engine. If you played it you would just say it was a re-skinned AOE with a Star Wars theme.

I LOVE AOE 2!!! Im a defensive player. I build strong fortresses and then build up an Armageddon force which I unleash only when I have such overwhelming firepower that I can demolish an entire village in one fell swoop (about 2 minutes tops). I was sometimes nicknamed "Hidr" (hider). I would build triple walled fortresses in the corners where scouts could not unfog it. When players could upgrade the seeing eye, they would just see my army and say "HOLY SH*T". Others would keep trying to build castles next to my fortress.

So much fun! I would play it with you...:ori:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am "acquiring" it right now!

Seeing as Crysis is the only game i can play ATM...

:P not that i'd play it though. I've given up on online gaming TBH. Only single player for me :)

I am acquiring it right now!

EDIT:

You can join free Crysis game servers here: http://www.gametracker.com/account/manage/ and anyone wanting to play this game can just start the clan. SGUS clan? That would be cool! But I wanna see how I stack up against some of you guys. LOL

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Looks like AOE 2 is taking an early lead at the moment. I might have to go get a copy soon if it stays that way and get some practice in :)

I've still got my original copy & play it quite often but the single player map admittedly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love all the little animations in that game.

I've still got my original copy & play it quite often but the single player map admittedly.

I love the little animations in the game, of little things like the sheep, the way the villagers walk and fight, the fighting actions of your units, how the units attack the targets...the look and feel of the buildings, and even the soundtrack! Its just a very pleasant experience.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Has anybody else here played "The Settlers - Heritage of Kings"?

Pretty good game that requires you to build up your settlement and gather resources in order to build up your army and gain advancements.

I only ever played Settlers & Settlers 2 back in the day but only those 2 & they were pretty fun to play.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Reveals her lack of "coolness" factor.....

I admit I don't play any of these games. the only thing I "play" on line these days is Farmville....*runs out being chased by the tomatoes*
mckaytomato.gif

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I LOVE AOE 2!!! Im a defensive player. I build strong fortresses and then build up an Armageddon force which I unleash only when I have such overwhelming firepower that I can demolish an entire village in one fell swoop (about 2 minutes tops). I was sometimes nicknamed "Hidr" (hider). I would build triple walled fortresses in the corners where scouts could not unfog it. When players could upgrade the seeing eye, they would just see my army and say "HOLY SH*T". Others would keep trying to build castles next to my fortress.
Sounds like I need to practice.....
I've always felt guilty killing the sheep when they fall over and go BAAH!!! So I never killed them (Instead I risked my villagers live to go and kill a boar:mrgreen:), by the time the enemies come to take over my empire they see a ton of sheep around the town center happily standing there while the rest of my village is ablaze....

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I don't have most of those games, well I have some, but not installed anyway.

However I do play a lot lately with another member of the forums, Insomnium, on Unreal and UT servers, mostly cooperative gaming, there are tons of custom maps to play in anyway so there's still something new (although I know all of those maps, heh, except some really recently released stuff on unrealsp which I suspect is bad anyway).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH NO!

I admit I don't play any of these games. the only thing I "play" on line these days is Farmville....*runs out being chased by the tomatoes*
mckaytomato.gif

That means you are a Facebooker! OMG, I got caught up in that game for three months straight, but it got too involved. People sending me gifts, me sending gifts, the annoying requirement to tend my crops to prevent wilting, etc. I started seeing too much effort from Facebook to keep me on their site 24/7. I just cut it loose and never looked back. I actually can give a percentage of clients who call me to fix their computers so that Farmville runs faster!

Dont kick me, I mentioned this game in the OT Forum before I saw your post! :redface:

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
Just found AOE 2 in my attic, anyone want a game just pm me! I am a noob so should give you some practice lol

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Aw, I'm sure your better than me. I still have trouble beating Easy hahaha. So when we do the online gaming is it via Gamespy?

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
Aw, I'm sure your better than me. I still have trouble beating Easy hahaha. So when we do the online gaming is it via Gamespy?

Apparently, yes. Msn don't do the hosting no more. I think if you wanted to you can do it via IP? But otherwise i think your correct, Games spy.

Maybe we can have a game some time?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have a static IP

Apparently, yes. Msn don't do the hosting no more. I think if you wanted to you can do it via IP? But otherwise i think your correct, Games spy.

Maybe we can have a game some time?

I can set a host game because I have a static IP address. Which game are we talking about?

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Gimme a few days to get some semblance of normality in my life, and i'll get AOE2 and we can play (mind you, i know next to nothing about it, but i'm sure i can pick it up pretty fast)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its fun as hell.

Gimme a few days to get some semblance of normality in my life, and i'll get AOE2 and we can play (mind you, i know next to nothing about it, but i'm sure i can pick it up pretty fast)

Hey Aragon, do you want to try Crysis over IP? I can host.

IM a TOTAL n00b with this game...

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Hey Aragon, do you want to try Crysis over IP? I can host.

IM a TOTAL n00b with this game...
Can't tonight, but hopefully on Sunday :) Going to watch Inception with my bro on Sat after work, and i'm really really hoping i get this computer Job as it pays double what i'm getting now, AND has much much better hours which will mean more of a social life for me :D

We can definitely play sometime this coming week though :D