Online gaming

which game should we play online

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Okay, I guess we'll have a sign up list....

AOE 2 Sign Up

OCgatergal

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
S

Stonelesscutter

I'm a little late to join the party here but I'm also into gaming ala Age of Empires.
Liked the first one. Loved the third one. Never tried the second one though.
Dunno if there's a online gaming option in the third or first games.
I can probably get my hands on AOEII and I'm up for a game if anyone wants.
My internet connection sucks though. It's often terribly slow and sometimes drops out completely.
I also enjoy playing Settlers - Rise of an Empire (including The Eastern Realm), Railroad Tycoon III, Civilization, Anno xxxx and similar stuff.
Have next to no experience with online gaming altogether.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm a little late to join the party here but I'm also into gaming ala Age of Empires.
Liked the first one. Loved the third one. Never tried the second one though.
Dunno if there's a online gaming option in the third or first games.
I can probably get my hands on AOEII and I'm up for a game if anyone wants.
My internet connection sucks though. It's often terribly slow and sometimes drops out completely.
I also enjoy playing Settlers - Rise of an Empire (including The Eastern Realm), Railroad Tycoon III, Civilization, Anno xxxx and similar stuff.
Have next to no experience with online gaming altogether.
This is one I got an invite to via Microsoft's Beta program. It's strictly online, not offline.

S

Stonelesscutter

Apparently the Age of Empires Online thingy is no longer available for testing on that website you mentioned.
Ah well.

S

Stonelesscutter

No I didn't. Haven't seen anything like that either.
But what kind of betas will you be getting to test then?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
UT2004

I don't have most of those games, well I have some, but not installed anyway.

However I do play a lot lately with another member of the forums, Insomnium, on Unreal and UT servers, mostly cooperative gaming, there are tons of custom maps to play in anyway so there's still something new (although I know all of those maps, heh, except some really recently released stuff on unrealsp which I suspect is bad anyway).

I play unreal now and then also but I am not that good at it . Mostly ONS or team Dom and capture the flag

Will

GateFans Noob
Star Trek Armada I & II

Anyone here played ST: Armada / Armada II? Old games but they are kind of like Age of Empires, but based on Star Trek.

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
I've also recently been playing:

Global Agenda - Name:SqueekinOrka
Champions Online - Name: SqueeinOrka@Shadoworka
Alliance of Vilaint Arms - Name: AtlantisOrka
Alien Swarm - Name: SqueekinOrka

Hope to get Section 8 also at some point.

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
Oooo.TF2...I may have to try that one at some point. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Anyone Play Hawx ?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Oooo.TF2...I may have to try that one at some point. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Anyone Play Hawx ?
I love watching the animated shorts they have for TF2 that explain the various character classes.

The latest one, with the Medic, is fiendishly brilliant.

Sick puppies they are...