One Season Wonders...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was just reminiscing about some of the one season wonders out there...shows that perhaps died entirely too young...

What came to mind were "American Gothic", "Kindred: The Embraced" and "Wonderfalls".

What shows do you remember that you thought were worth at least one more season?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
According to IMDb, it only had one season.

I loved Sheriff Buck. (That's Buck with a "B".)

Gary Cole can certainly chew the scenery with the best of them. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Nowhere Man with Bruce Greenwood...it ended on a great cliffie !:eek:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just remembered...

Terriers.

I was very disappointed when they canceled it. I really enjoyed the show.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I know I got a bit of flack back when for liking Defying Gravity as it was too soapy like SGpoo , but it really was starting to pic up story wise so I was sadded to see it just end with 13 episodes and leaving a huge hole . Unlike SGpoo you could like and route for the characters !!!

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
Here's an old one: Space: Above and Beyond. The way it ended was kinda of downer, but IIRC the producers were trying every trick in the book to get it renewed and Fox wouldn't oblige them. That certainly is one show I wouldn't mind seeing get remade on a decent network.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Caprica was a single season, split into two. Same with V. Its actually ONE season of 20 episodes, split into three.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Jake 2.0
Jake 2.0 for some reason only lasted 1 season. I watched a few episodes it was okay but not OMG.
Surface
This show was cancelled again and ended in a cliffhanger. But after thinking about it, I ask myself what was I thinking?
The Lone Gunmen
Unfortunately, this show only lasted one season. Lone Gunmen for those who don't know was the X-files Spin-off series. When it did air, they pulled the plug. There was also a big controversy circling behind this show;apparently, they predicted that September 11 will happen(it's in the very first episode I believe?)

Shows that lasted only two season but were actually good

The Invisible manThis show actually very decent...However, due to some contractual problems b/w syfy and USA channel, they axed the show...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Jake 2.0
Jake 2.0 for some reason only lasted 1 season. I watched a few episodes it was okay but not OMG.
Surface
This show was cancelled again and ended in a cliffhanger. But after thinking about it, I ask myself what was I thinking?
The Lone Gunmen
Unfortunately, this show only lasted one season. Lone Gunmen for those who don't know was the X-files Spin-off series. When it did air, they pulled the plug. There was also a big controversy circling behind this show;apparently, they predicted that September 11 will happen(it's in the very first episode I believe?)

Shows that lasted only two season but were actually good

The Invisible manThis show actually very decent...However, due to some contractual problems b/w syfy and USA channel, they axed the show...
I miss The Lone Gunmen so very much.

Tongue in cheek, pen in checkbook kind of humor. My favorite.

Ægir

GateFans Noob
I know I got a bit of flack back when for liking Defying Gravity as it was too soapy like SGpoo , but it really was starting to pic up story wise so I was sadded to see it just end with 13 episodes and leaving a huge hole . Unlike SGpoo you could like and route for the characters !!!

I really liked that show too. Actually, I thought Defying Gravity pulled off the whole soap-opera-in-space thing way better than SGU. And it had Ron Livingston in it who's totally awesome.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Besides shows like Firefly, I have to say that I really thought that Journeyman deserved another season. Sure, it started a bit slow but I really thought it was getting good and interesting towards the end, and I've always liked Kevin McKidd so it was good to see him get his own show.

Oh and the opening titles are among my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvOt3D64dqE

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
It would take a Social Liberialist, to actually like SGU. SGU even has gay scenes and all in there. Everything for them is in it.