On sale: Stargate SG-1 Jaffa Staff Weapon (Ma'Tok staff) scale 1:1

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Sold? Did someone here buy it? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think there are issues with people coming on this site to sell their stuff.

Or am I mistaken?

It seems the only reason you signed onto the site, sir or madam.

It seems you are indeed correct....The CCPG clearly states in Item #5:

5. Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid or money schemes or try to sell goods or services.

So, there you have it. :icon_e_wink: The thread starter will receive an Infraction for this, and no further items will allowed to be sold by him/her or any member joining this website.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
It seems you are indeed correct....The CCPG clearly states in Item #5:

5. Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid or money schemes or try to sell goods or services.

So, there you have it. :icon_e_wink: The thread starter will receive an Infraction for this, and no further items will allowed to be sold by him/her or any member joining this website.
hold up... clarification on this issue needs to be adressed before any action is taken IMO, please refer to the topic in the council chambers!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I've been trying sell myself here for months now but no takers. :P :facepalm:

pm1234

GateFans Noob
Just to clarify, the real props from the show should include 2 certificates of authenticity. I won a staff weapon through gateworld before the auctions started. It came straight from London in a huge 8' x 1' x 1' box (so much popcorn). It included a signed certificate from MGM and a stamped, stickered, registered and signed certificate from The Prop Store of London. The staff also has authentic battle damage.

And a question for the Council Members: What was the verdict given for the person who started this post? I understand you don't want people selling through the site but t seemed to me they were only giving a heads-up to members, that there is an auction on eBay.

I only ask because I'm thinking of putting mine up for auction and don't want to break the rules by announcing it here.

And for those who care, yes this is my first post on this site. I have been a fan of SG-1 and Atlantis, though I hated SGU, didn't really see the point of that show.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Just to clarify, the real props from the show should include 2 certificates of authenticity. I won a staff weapon through gateworld before the auctions started. It came straight from London in a huge 8' x 1' x 1' box (so much popcorn). It included a signed certificate from MGM and a stamped, stickered, registered and signed certificate from The Prop Store of London. The staff also has authentic battle damage.

And a question for the Council Members: What was the verdict given for the person who started this post? I understand you don't want people selling through the site but t seemed to me they were only giving a heads-up to members, that there is an auction on eBay.

I only ask because I'm thinking of putting mine up for auction and don't want to break the rules by announcing it here.

And for those who care, yes this is my first post on this site. I have been a fan of SG-1 and Atlantis, though I hated SGU, didn't really see the point of that show.

we agreed that to sell items through us permission must be asked and granted first.

as for bolded the majority of members here share the same view so im sure you will fit right in so welcome to gatefans!

ps. also just a "huh?" about the "authentic battle damage" how can it be authentic when its a prop :P

pm1234

GateFans Noob
ps. also just a "huh?" about the "authentic battle damage" how can it be authentic when its a prop :P

I'm thinking the staff must have been used in some fight sequences. The head has an obvious scrape on it (hit something grey) and the body has a few chips and cracks like it was hit with another staff. Sure it's a weapon of terror made to intimidate the enemy but beyond that it's also a staff. :argue: (just for the anime, not tryin' to argue)

DSCN0204-sm.jpgDSCN0209-sm.jpg don't think it took any energy blasts though. This staff always makes me think of Master Bra'tac. He was very skilled with a staff and more often took people down with it without firing a shot.