SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Can I use it to staff blast my neighbors? :tealcanime23:

:P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
looks like a very segmented print tho!

Made of wood? Looks kinda....cheap. I would expect more metal. Its a "replica"? Lets see a picture of the original for comparison. I swear part of that looks like a broomstick. :)

stargate_fan

GateFans Noob
Made of wood? Looks kinda....cheap. I would expect more metal. Its a "replica"? Lets see a picture of the original for comparison. I swear part of that looks like a broomstick. :)

It's made of ABS plastic in a 3D printer, ans then hand painted. The colour like wood is not real (problem of the photograph), the real color is like bronze.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

No, dude. Made in a real life replicator. :)

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QP73uTJApw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AD3VG6y3Q&feature=related

Y
ou can either input a design or have it 3D-scan an object for replication. It will replicate any object with all moving parts intact and fully usable. It can't replicate electronics yet but that's coming. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
you do know the ones in the show were made from rubber right?

OMNI

OMNI

ok.. how come it is so segmented tho? was it a very low poly mesh that you printed it from?

OMNI

oh and i had a look at the ebay add.. man you are charging WAAAAAAY to much for that thing seeing as it is a replica and not an authentic set prop...

almost 800 USD for that is just way way to steep and id be surprised if you got someone who was willing to pay that much for a replica... i dont even think the studio props sold for that much during the rescent auctions..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh and i had a look at the ebay add.. man you are charging WAAAAAAY to much for that thing seeing as it is a replica and not an authentic set prop...

almost 800 USD for that is just way way to steep and id be surprised if you got someone who was willing to pay that much for a replica... i dont even think the studio props sold for that much during the rescent auctions..

They did...they actually charged about $100.00 more: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/19/chronicle-trailer/ but that example looks much different than the one shown as a replica:

Capture.JPG

stargate_fan

GateFans Noob
ok.. how come it is so segmented tho? was it a very low poly mesh that you printed it from?

The replica is 2.10 meters (7 feet) long and if it have more polygons the file is to big, more than 2GB.

two months ago at ebay someone sells one original for 1800$, 1000$ more than this one.

OMNI

They did...they actually charged about $100.00 more: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/19/chronicle-trailer/ but that example looks much different than the one shown as a replica:

View attachment 6181
well it says that is LICENSED replica so im asuming they bought the orignal molds and concept drawing along with a licence to make and sell them in quantity.. it AMAZES me that people are willing to pay that much for this memoribilia crap..

but if that went for 1k and its a real hig end replica the replica advertised in this thread cant be worth more then a third or 1/2.. (imo)

OMNI

The replica is 2.10 meters (7 feet) long and if it have more polygons the file is to big, more than 2GB.

two months ago at ebay someone sells one original for 1800$, 1000$ more than this one.

really? i would have thought a printing machine would be able to handle a bit more... but really 2gb? how many polys was that thing? as i have models that are way past 3million poly and they are only 100-200mb so a 2gb file would be around 10-15 million poly annd it wouldnt be so segmented...

is this a CAD issue? ie uberbig file sizes and terrible compression ratios?

yes but thats an original and the replica overmind posted looks alot better... and is set at about the same price...

anyway it your choice but personally i would never pay that much for it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Is it fully functional?:)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I think there are issues with people coming on this site to sell their stuff.

Or am I mistaken?

It seems the only reason you signed onto the site, sir or madam.