OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ah, okay, cool. It's been ages (decades?) since I've seen the Die Hard stuff. I hesitate to rewatch the original as I find it -- what's the term the French use? -- "merde absolue"!

Umm, cheesy 80's action?? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
Uh...
I saw this yesterday.
Hmm. It's difficult for me to put into words what I found the most ridiculous thing of all without upsetting my lovely, patriotic American friends.
Awkward.

I'll say this: I don't know what the movie equivalent of Purple Prose is, but this movie had buckets of it. It had ALL THE SYMBOLISM.

Anyways, I was still entertained. I really am easy as long as a few basic rules are followed.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wondering if WHITE HOUSE DOWN is any better? Hard to believe someone thought it was a good idea to have 2 movies of similar BS content at relatively the same time.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
White House Down was much better, IMO. Still cheesy and full of shit but loads more entertaining. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
White House Down was much better, IMO. Still cheesy and full of shit but loads more entertaining. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is that the one with Channing Tatum? If so, even his luscious screen presence isn't enough to get me to sit in front of this movie for any length of time. :moody:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So since I don't believe it even deserves its own thread, but I watched RED DAWN ('13) on netflix.

What a piece of garbage. Hey, do you think that Hollywood is trying to gin up american opinion against North Korea (they do enough bad stuff already but no one pays attn to that)? If one paid attn, we can see that the actual "behind it all" attackers are the Russians and the N Koreans were just a ally of them.

This is what I'll say and you can apply it to the whole film (IMO, the orignal RD wasn't a great movie but it was watchable and paid just a slight bit more attn to reality) as it would be a very long post otherwise:

Josh Peck is no Charlie Sheen; Chris Hemsworth is no Patrick Swayze

Again, this goes for the actors performance and for the movie overall