Officially Gagged

Lilith

GateFans Noob
MATURE AND BEST SCi-FI EVER?

I was lurking at gateworld and people honesty think SGU is science fiction. They also think it is mature. One person said he grew up with SG1/SGA and he enjoyed SGU because it's realistic. SG1 inspired him to study Math.

Okay, so he can't be very old. What can SGU inspire except for a trip into therapy. There is no science fiction in SGU. It's like a fraternity/soriety on crack. They can't attend class/do their job because of personal issues 24/7. In total I sgu has 399,999 fans. The rest just left their tv on that channel when they switched the vcr on to watch a real sci-fi dvd like Defying Gravity, SG1/SGA or even DR Who.

While I was on syfy forum, those people are the smart/mature ones who understand ratings and profit margins and that SGU was a gamble that tPTB took which didn't pay off.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Hey everybody! :)

An NCIS General Discussion thread for all of its installments is fine if any of you want to post it in the "Other Sci-Fi Shows" section of the forum. It doesn't matter that it's not really Sci-Fi because other shows are there too like Chuck and Merlin and such. It's kind of just a place where we can all discuss other shows, or that's what it's become--LOL :P

Cheers.

Cool! I'm going to rewatch Short Fuse, Royals and Loyals and Dead Air because they're still up on the CBS web site. And I'm bored.

Then I'm going to start a thread if no one else does. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Cool! I'm going to rewatch Short Fuse, Royals and Loyals and Dead Air because they're still up on the CBS web site. And I'm bored.

Then I'm going to start a thread if no one else does. :)

Just wait till I have a keyboard back, I have a great deal to say about NCIS, and alot of it is still Stargate related.

Blurb

GateFans Noob
I was lurking at gateworld and people honesty think SGU is science fiction. They also think it is mature. One person said he grew up with SG1/SGA and he enjoyed SGU because it's realistic. SG1 inspired him to study Math.

Okay, so he can't be very old. What can SGU inspire except for a trip into therapy.

You know, I was soooooooo tempted to post that same question. What would the guy study today if he grew up on SGU... interior design *shudder*? Psychology maybe... who wouldn't want a shrink telling them that alcoholism, sleeping around and assaulting people are completely normal reactions to being stressed out, don't worry about it, it's fine? I'm kind of horrified.

edit: Just saw that Darren also closed the comments section on the Pathogen Ratings News item... with a link to the ratings thread, where you can now go on to not- discuss ratings all you like.