Officially Gagged

Lexa

GateFans Noob
Interestingly enough apparently we are not allowed to discuss the ratings and the whys for a week at GW. If people break the rule, then we won't get to discuss it ever. The ratings thread was offline for half the day and by the time it was brought back it had that little warning.

On another note, Bagpuss (or whatever his name is) said we could discuss ratings civilly in another thread. Civil discussions were going well until the mods closed that thread. And they proceeded to close other threads asking why we couldn't discuss anything. No response, just a closed thread. Anyone who continues to try to discuss anything about the show in regards to ratings besides numbers gets gagged from posting anywhere.

Where's the fun in that? :P That's one thing I love about this site, I know that I won't be banned from discussing anything I want about SGU...that and evil laughter over ratings is not only allowed but encouraged. :icon_twisted:

Thank the heavens for this site!!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They obviously figure that if they don't talk about the fact that the show went from a .5 share last week to a .4 share this week, it won't have happened.

bag,black,cat,eyes,kitten,red-ff2c7147cfabea9fc19b89b4c2ed9f1c_m.jpg
Iffn ah hidez in here, nuttin' exists.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Gateworld is so ridiculous with their draconian censorship that they make Mao Zedong's China seem tame by comparison. Seriously, whoever is running that place is so stupid they don't realize they are killing off their membership. Once SGU is gone and the Stargate franchise is dead who is going to bother going to GW?

And if Stargate somehow lives on in some form then how many people who were treated badly for no reason will want to frequent GW again? I, for one, have no desire to visit a forum that is moderated by teenagers with no understanding of basic English composition, let alone any sense of professionalism to bring to the job. Some of their mods are so immature and lacking in basic communication skills (and spelling skills) that I am embarrassed for them. The fact that the first reaction of many of the mods to negative discussion of SGU is to censor the thread is more than telling of their respective ages. There's no way those people can be legal adults as their actions have proven. If by some stretch of reality they are adults then they have no excuse for their juvenile, reactionary, unprofessional behavior.

GW is only good for one thing -- a laugh, and they have given me many.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
GW's moderators refuse to have anything to do with something that isn't part of their very narrow world view. In their view, SGU is Emmy caliber work and is being slighted by the Emmy folks.

If they make the unpleasant content disappear, then it won't have existed in the first place.

Electronic rose colored glasses, if you will.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Gateworld doesnt have to fall on the sword.

Interestingly enough apparently we are not allowed to discuss the ratings and the whys for a week at GW. If people break the rule, then we won't get to discuss it ever. The ratings thread was offline for half the day and by the time it was brought back it had that little warning.

On another note, Bagpuss (or whatever his name is) said we could discuss ratings civilly in another thread. Civil discussions were going well until the mods closed that thread. And they proceeded to close other threads asking why we couldn't discuss anything. No response, just a closed thread. Anyone who continues to try to discuss anything about the show in regards to ratings besides numbers gets gagged from posting anywhere.

Where's the fun in that? :P That's one thing I love about this site, I know that I won't be banned from discussing anything I want about SGU...that and evil laughter over ratings is not only allowed but encouraged. :icon_twisted:

Thank the heavens for this site!!

Why is Gateworld falling on the sword for this failure of a show? Do they know how frustrating it is for somebody to take time to write a well worded and relevant post, only to have it clicked into oblivion at the whim of some power-mad biatch on a mission? Not good for site traffic or reputation.

7.jpg

Lexa

GateFans Noob
Why is Gateworld falling on the sword for this failure of a show? Do they know how frustrating it is for somebody to take time to write a well worded and relevant post, only to have it clicked into oblivion at the whim of some power-mad biatch on a mission? Not good for site traffic or reputation.

It's upset more than a few. Even Brian/Squall was curious as to why they suddenly closed the thread he was having a nice, on topic discussion in. But I think we all knew this day would come...the day the ratings were so bad GW had to censor it. hehehe. :icon_lol:

One poor guy was trying his hardest. He kept asking why in the ratings discussion thread weren't we allowed to discuss the ratings. His posts kept getting deleted. What's the point of a forum if you can't discuss anything? lol

Fizz

GateFans Noob
Yeah it's upset even people that love SGU and want to actually talk and discuss something about the hows and whys of the ratings, and from what I can tell most of it was fairly civil. Seriously, I remember much, much nastier comments directed at SG1/SGA as shows, ratings, what's bring down the ratings, characters, flame wars, shipper wars, even actors but no they can't have any type of discussion about SGU that isn't positive. as for 50 posts being "off topic" it's a ratings discussion thread assholes.

They seriously are killing their own site, because even people that love SGU still want a place to pick the ratings to death and will go elsewhere. I was on there for a bit when the thread was up and it had hundreds of viewers for that page, probably the busiest in the site the whole day. If you don't allow even civil discussion then people won't come and they won't be able to afford the site anymore. I can only guess they're terrified that TPTB will yank any connection to them if there's even small amounts of disent allowed.

And what's the betting that if it was getting 2.5 million every week then people would be allowed, nay encouraged to discuss how awesomely it was doing in every little respect and allow anyone who wanted to shit on the other 2 shows? Heck Brad Wright would probably be posting gleeful messages about that himself.

sgufail

GateFans Noob
Pretty hilarious, Gateworld is going to be dead when SGU is cancelled and it will all be down to their ridiculous rules and moderating.

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
Shhhhhhhhh, just shhhhhhhhh, y'all.

Meanwhile I'm getting my NCIS and Dancing with the Stars ratings updates through Darren and his articles. It's good for that at least. GateWorld is really a great spot where you can discuss various shows... unless they are Stargate shows. In that case, shhhhhh. [whispering]They really don't exist[/whispering]

I simply love that 50 posts were deleted. Were they even read by the deleter? Because I read most of them yesterday and many were simply talking about the ratings of the episode and SGU's prospects, while not mentioning other SG shows. Why were those deleted? They weren't against the rules. Was the reason because the show fucking sucks and, fittingly, it's ratings fucking suck?

Maybe there should be a thread discussing NCIS and DwtS in GW. They get namedropped a lot.

Lexa

GateFans Noob
Yeah, there were a couple that got off topic when the fact was brought up that if SGU gets renewed with 900k followers then Brad lied about SGA getting canned because of low ratings. SGU fans are now telling themselves that ratings do not matter. Apparently one of them heard from an important "source" that ratings have no bearing on renewal. Gonna take a wild guess and say that source is somehow connected to Airlock Alpha. heh.

Anyway the thread was surprisingly under control, and there was no need to delete 50 posts. There was only a few that were slightly off topic in regards to SGU cancellation and how the SG1 and SGA movies would be pushed aside for SGU movies.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
a deleted post they missed!

Here is a great post by beka that is being commented on by someone else...beka's post was deleted but they missed this reference to it! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the post!!!!

screenshot96.jpg

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Here is a great post by beka that is being commented on by someone else...beka's post was deleted but they missed this reference to it! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the post!!!!

screenshot96.jpg

I loved beccas posts last night, and she had a few, so did Vulrac (sorry thats spelt so wrong but you know who i mean) they were realy on the ball, sami stuck her head in with good stuff aswell.

I also see beccas words were twisted - she did not say she wanted sgu cancelled in that quote. infact i doint remember any of her posts last night stating that all she said was she didnt like it! way to jump to conclusions

Also in syfy forum someone said that gw was created out of anger? i thought it was the exact opposite, any ideas?

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob

screenshot96.jpg

Beka has written some very cogent and logical posts that did not contain any invective or ad hominem attacks. Shocking that she gets censored for being honest.

And this Yoshi guy's argument is beyond lame because SGA was not sullying the franchise name and no one wanted it to be canceled. It's not even a legitimate comparison to make as an argument. So, so lame.

Maybe someone should extend Beka an invite to here?

Fizz

GateFans Noob
Apparently one of them heard from an important "source" that ratings have no bearing on renewal.

What do they think does have bearing on renewal, unicorns? Now maybe a case can be made for shows where networks keep them because they win a boatload of awards or critical worship, but that isn't SGU by any stretch of the imagination. I doubt it will be enough to keep Caprica.

There was nothing wrong with the content of that or 99% of those posts, they were discussing the ratings and SGUs chances on Syfy, and even the tone was surprisingly calm and rational between "opposing sides".

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Looks like Muffdiver isn't taking the demise of Starngate Pooniverse to well.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Beka has written some very cogent and logical posts that did not contain any invective or ad hominem attacks. Shocking that she gets censored for being honest.

And this Yoshi guy's argument is beyond lame because SGA was not sullying the franchise name and no one wanted it to be canceled. It's not even a legitimate comparison to make as an argument. So, so lame.

Maybe someone should extend Beka an invite to here?

yes...aragon go invite beka to our place over here...her intellect would be greatly appreciated oh and Sami_ too. those two are so patient when dealing with Deevil, evilgrin, and the other assholes over there.

What do they think does have bearing on renewal, unicorns? Now maybe a case can be made for shows where networks keep them because they win a boatload of awards or critical worship, but that isn't SGU by any stretch of the imagination. I doubt it will be enough to keep Caprica.

There was nothing wrong with the content of that or 99% of those posts, they were discussing the ratings and SGUs chances on Syfy, and even the tone was surprisingly calm and rational between "opposing sides".

oh yeah loads of happy unicorns LOOOOVE the show! ;) these are KIDS, they ahve no idea how the real world works. :p

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The discussion's fun on TVByTheNumbers.com in the post for Tuesday's cable numbers.

Both the SGU freaks and those who recognize bad writing and characters when they see them, are chiming in.

At least certain moderators aren't there to kill discussion.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Shhhhhhhhh, just shhhhhhhhh, y'all.

Meanwhile I'm getting my NCIS and Dancing with the Stars ratings updates through Darren and his articles. It's good for that at least. GateWorld is really a great spot where you can discuss various shows... unless they are Stargate shows. In that case, shhhhhh. [whispering]They really don't exist[/whispering]

I simply love that 50 posts were deleted. Were they even read by the deleter? Because I read most of them yesterday and many were simply talking about the ratings of the episode and SGU's prospects, while not mentioning other SG shows. Why were those deleted? They weren't against the rules. Was the reason because the show fucking sucks and, fittingly, it's ratings fucking suck?

Maybe there should be a thread discussing NCIS and DwtS in GW. They get namedropped a lot.
I would love an NCIS thread. I think that a lot of folks who liked SG1 like NCIS because of the team concept and the fact that they're basically good guys even if they have a few shortcomings. And of course, the military angle. I could go on about the parallels between Jack and Jethro but that's a topic for another day. :)

I've been to the NCIS fan sites but the level of discourse there is disappointing. A lot of people don't seem to get the plots or the little hints the writers toss out. One thing I love about scifi fans is that they're smart. If GW or SGUS could be the filter, so to speak, I think an NCIS thread could be pretty interesting.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Jack and Jethro FTW

I would love an NCIS thread. I think that a lot of folks who liked SG1 like NCIS because of the team concept and the fact that they're basically good guys even if they have a few shortcomings. And of course, the military angle. I could go on about the parallels between Jack and Jethro but that's a topic for another day. :)

I've been to the NCIS fan sites but the level of discourse there is disappointing. A lot of people don't seem to get the plots or the little hints the writers toss out. One thing I love about scifi fans is that they're smart. If GW or SGUS could be the filter, so to speak, I think an NCIS thread could be pretty interesting.

ITA!!!! :joy: We do need a NCIS thread. :D