New Battlestar Galactica movie

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
BINGO. (bolded). That is exactly when I stopped watching. I peeked in on seasons 3 and 4 and the suds were still frothing up. :( Even the final episode was lame.

I experienced the same thing with a group of friends that got together to watch the show every week. By Season 3 we gave up on it even though we still hung out together. By the time the show ended for good I was the only one who saw enough of the remaining eps to know what was going on. The others had me describe verbally how the show ended because they didn't want to waste the time to actually watch the finale, lol. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Me too. But at least they specify "cybernetic" Cylons. Hopefully that means no human Cylons (omg how lame waas that?)

The nuBSG "human cylons" were cybernetic--remember when the number 6 pulled wires out of her arm to link in to the Galactica's main computer to spread a virus to the attacking ships?

The very last seconds of CAPRICA showed more on the artificial skin over metal core issue

Just sayin' Not looking for a fight chieftain :fredflinstone:
--- merged: Apr 17, 2014 2:38 AM ---
Well they effed it up once so here's hoping they get it right this time. (No "human" Cylons please!)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/7/5591894/new-battlestar-galactica-movie-will-be-a-reboot

New 'Battlestar Galactica' movie will completely reimagine the sci-fi tale

View attachment 29745

Universal is preparing to start work on a Battlestar Galactica movie. Variety says the studio is planning to completely reimagine the sci-fi story — in which space-bound humans fend off the attacks of nefarious cybernetic Cylons as they try to find a new home — just five years after the four-season Syfy TV show drew to a close. The planned film would mark the second time Battlestar Galactica has been rebooted after the original show aired in 1978.

Jack Paglen, the writer of the upcoming Transcendence, has agreed to pen the reboot's screenplay. Paglen is a hot property for studios wanting to create sci-fi at the moment: he's also slated to write Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel. Glen Larson, who worked on the 1970s TV series, will produce the film, but there's no confirmation yet on who'll take on the role of director. Bryan Singer was originally attached to a Battlestar Galacticamovie project in 2011, but the production was put on hold in 2013 after the director committed to working on new X-Men movies. Having agreed to direct 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, Singer is unlikely to have time to work on developing a new Battlestar.

So...is this coming out before or after the new STARGATE movie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The nuBSG "human cylons" were cybernetic--remember when the number 6 pulled wires out of her arm to link in to the Galactica's main computer to spread a virus to the attacking ships?

The very last seconds of CAPRICA showed more on the artificial skin over metal core issue

--- merged: Apr 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM ---

So...is this coming out before or after the new STARGATE movie?

They are milking the cow. :( I say she is all milked out. How about they re-imagine Stargate or do a new Starlost or something other than BSG??? It just isnt all that compelling, and we will get to see one of the most ridiculous faction wars in a long time...Original vs NuBsg vs NuBSG 2 :facepalm:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Redo The Green Slime....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I would love to see a good (well written and executed) "combo" movie

like say, LAST STARFIGHTER (just an example) and STARGATE

or any other mixture that would be done well-IT WOULD HAVE to be done well

Couldn't have something set too far in the future mix with something in the 'present'--like WING CDR and STARGATE or STAR TREK and INDEPENDENCE DAY. Need two movies that are plot "contemporaries" with one another.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Remember earlier on in the series how they couldn't figure out the difference between humans and Cylons due to a lack of physical evidence? But then later it turns out the Cylons have wires running through their bodies??? M'kay. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Remember earlier on in the series how they couldn't figure out the difference between humans and Cylons due to a lack of physical evidence? But then later it turns out the Cylons have wires running through their bodies??? M'kay. :rolleyes:

That whole human cylon thing just was freakin lame. Cylons are artificial humanoids, and they do not freakin have skin or a nice rack and fine ass legs. :neglected: :welcoming:. They do not need to hide amongst humans, because they are badass on their own. Number 6 was in there ONLY for her bombshell appeal, and she did very well in the show but it just cheapened Battlestar Galactica the story. The rest of the nonsense with Starbuck and Apollo would have been forgivable except for season 2 forward. They just turned me off and I stopped watching. A new Galactica will most likely model itself after the most recent NuBSG rather than the old one. :( Syfy seems to revere it as though it were some TV masterpiece.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That whole human cylon thing just was freakin lame. Cylons are artificial humanoids, and they do not freakin have skin or a nice rack and fine ass legs. :neglected: :welcoming:. They do not need to hide amongst humans, because they are badass on their own. Number 6 was in there ONLY for her bombshell appeal, and she did very well in the show but it just cheapened Battlestar Galactica the story. The rest of the nonsense with Starbuck and Apollo would have been forgivable except for season 2 forward. They just turned me off and I stopped watching. A new Galactica will most likely model itself after the most recent NuBSG rather than the old one. :( Syfy seems to revere it as though it were some TV masterpiece.

I hope to God you're wrong. The original story is much better than this new crap.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hope to God you're wrong. The original story is much better than this new crap.

Syfy reveres NuBSG and that is their benchmark (go figure). Expect the shaky cam, a new Battlestar design (*sigh*), new Cylon designs, new fighters, cylon base stars, etc. A younger cast, who the hell cares? They've done it to death.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
What was with the white glowing starbuck ?,,, and then she just dissapears at the end . I can't believe I wasted my time watching the whole thing expecting something that made sense to happen :( :( :( .
I preferred watching Caprica 1 . I wanted to see who died from lunge cancer first or COPD . They lit up in every scene ,,,. Ooooh how edgy :) :) :) . And how come they never figured out a way to make smokes on SGU . They seemed to magically have food all the time and charge there magical radios and have magical bullets for there magical guns and magical clean clothes and magical makeup . I might have kept watchin to see who died of lung cancer or COPD,,,noooooooot !!! I just went through that with BSG 2 and Caprica 1 :( :( :(

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well they effed it up once so here's hoping they get it right this time. (No "human" Cylons please!)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/7/5591894/new-battlestar-galactica-movie-will-be-a-reboot

New 'Battlestar Galactica' movie will completely reimagine the sci-fi tale

View attachment 29745

Universal is preparing to start work on a Battlestar Galactica movie. Variety says the studio is planning to completely reimagine the sci-fi story — in which space-bound humans fend off the attacks of nefarious cybernetic Cylons as they try to find a new home — just five years after the four-season Syfy TV show drew to a close. The planned film would mark the second time Battlestar Galactica has been rebooted after the original show aired in 1978.

Jack Paglen, the writer of the upcoming Transcendence, has agreed to pen the reboot's screenplay. Paglen is a hot property for studios wanting to create sci-fi at the moment: he's also slated to write Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel. Glen Larson, who worked on the 1970s TV series, will produce the film, but there's no confirmation yet on who'll take on the role of director. Bryan Singer was originally attached to a Battlestar Galacticamovie project in 2011, but the production was put on hold in 2013 after the director committed to working on new X-Men movies. Having agreed to direct 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, Singer is unlikely to have time to work on developing a new Battlestar.

Why don't they reboot My Favorite Martian
. Make him a mean ass pissed at the world and gonna take out some humans who throw there dog poo bags on the ground in front of his house which is beside the park where the bags thrive . Yes and he would have laser eyes that turn bright blue as he scans the park for the villain who hastily picks up and discard dog poo bags on a regular basis . Watch as he leaves his house early in the morning to do a head count of all the poo bags and the mysterious new additions of dog poo bags so callously strewn in the park . It will take multiple episodes for him to even get a clue as to who is doing this . Through the episodes we will learn about his angsty daughter , angsty Martian brothers and leaders from back home , angsty Martian wife who has taken up vegan ism , angsty son who won't stop doing party tricks with his Martian mind threatening to reveal there presence on earth while pissed drunk at a booze can . And of course an angsty neighbour who suspects them of being different .

Ooops ,,, wait a sec ... That's uh kinda my life ,,,... Hey !The way hollyweird is thinkin nowadays , it could work . Yah it could :) :) :) .
Now who would they get to play me . Why George Cluny of course !!! :) :) :) Brad Pitts is too young :) :) :)

Don't tell them I'm not from around here ok !!! :) :) :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Yeah, that was an inconsistency. If they were skin over metal, why did they need Baltar to come up with a test to detect Cylons? Right? Because they were fully humanoid. Otherwise, it's a simple matter of poking the skin and hitting metal.

Can you give me a "d-uhhh"?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, that was an inconsistency. If they were skin over metal, why did they need Baltar to come up with a test to detect Cylons? Right? Because they were fully humanoid. Otherwise, it's a simple matter of poking the skin and hitting metal.

Can you give me a "d-uhhh"?

I thought to find a Cylon was to bang the ass off the dam thing and as soon as it lights up like a fire fly and your done ,,,shoot it :) :) :) Some girls I met had a kinda hard cage under there skin ( skinny bitch ) so I think banging them first would pay off in the end and reveal there true identity
:hump::hump::hump:
:beckett_new049::beckett_new049::beckett_new049:
:wink-new::wink-new::wink-new:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I thought to find a Cylon was to bang the ass off the dam thing and as soon as it lights up like a fire fly and your done ,,,shoot it :) :) :) Some girls I met had a kinda hard cage under there skin ( skinny bitch ) so I think banging them first would pay off in the end and reveal there true identity
:hump::hump::hump:
:beckett_new049::beckett_new049::beckett_new049:
:wink-new::wink-new::wink-new:

Let me guess. You're volunteering your services for "the greater good" of mankind, right? :icon_lol:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I experienced the same thing with a group of friends that got together to watch the show every week. By Season 3 we gave up on it even though we still hung out together. By the time the show ended for good I was the only one who saw enough of the remaining eps to know what was going on. The others had me describe verbally how the show ended because they didn't want to waste the time to actually watch the finale, lol. :icon_lol:

The finale was an eyeroll. I actually said aloud..."Thats it?" :rolleyes: ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget that all the humanoid model Cylons were scruffy if male and super hotties if female.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As to the "ending", dumb doesn't truly describe it. In reality no one would have bought into Lee's silly luddite ideas. They might have opted for a group of smaller farm communities all close to one another over a single city but they would not have opted to ditch everything but the clothes on their backs and a small ration supply and just walk off into the wilds.

Then there was Hera, the whole trigger for the final battle among other things. That plot line ultimately went nowhere (Moore name dropping mitochondrial eve did not fit as just 20 minutes earlier they established Earth had humans already when the Colonials came). Starbuck turns out to be some sort of spirit being who for some bizarre reason has no idea what she actually is. And on and on. Moore just threw a ton of nonsense up on the screen and called it an ending.

For better series endings I give you Eureka, Jeremiah, ST:VOY, SG-1, Farscape and others.

Last edited: