Neverland

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
I was just curious who was going to watch the series this Sunday. I did not see any threads on the show.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I was just curious who was going to watch the series this Sunday. I did not see any threads on the show.

Good thing you started one! This is just a miniseries right? I was planning on checking it out but probably not the first airing on Sunday.

SciphonicStranger

Is this going to be about Michael Jackson or Peter Pan?

It's a Peter Pan prequel. If SyFy was shamelessly chasing ratings it would be about Michael Jackson. :P

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Yeah it is a mini-series. They put a lot of money into this like Tin Man. I loved Tin Man but likely because I have had a crush on zooey deschanel since the movie "Elf" lol.

Anyway this one looks good. The mini-series are not like the saturday/Sunday movies. These actually have better actors and bigger budgets.

Good thing you started one! This is just a miniseries right? I was planning on checking it out but probably not the first airing on Sunday.

S

Stonelesscutter

Zoey seems to be a popular name these days. There was a Zoey in Caprica, there was one in Eureka, I think there is one in Terra Nova and now apparently there is a Zoey Deschanel or something.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Zoey is Emily's sister. I've never particularly liked Zoey much. Her characters are just a tad too off the wall for me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will give this one a look see. I have a soft spot for Peter Pan stuff. :redface:

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Wait. Peter Pan was kid. Wouldn't a prequel just be "the adventures of a fetus"?

Well he was a kid but he was not always Peter Pan. This story is the story about how he became Peter Pan and how James Hook, became Captain Hook. At this point the only captain I have a soft spot for is Captain Morgan, lol. But anyway I do like the story of Peter Pan and have grown up with it as a kid. So it will certainly being back some of my childhood.

Whoever watches the next two days I hope we can chat here about it. :)

SciphonicStranger

Well he was a kid but he was not always Peter Pan. This story is the story about how he became Peter Pan and how James Hook, became Captain Hook. At this point the only captain I have a soft spot for is Captain Morgan, lol. But anyway I do like the story of Peter Pan and have grown up with it as a kid. So it will certainly being back some of my childhood.

Whoever watches the next two days I hope we can chat here about it. :)

So Captain Picard !> Captain Morgan??? :eek: :P

G

Graybrew1

Picard is the bomb!!!!
He is my favorite Captain for all of Star Trek.

But that was in another thread from quite awhile ago. :rolleyes:

I will catch this after the first showing too. After you guys tell me what you think.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Part one was very good. As any part 1 of anything it is more about the info and things move a little slow. The Revelation at the end of part 1 was pretty cool.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Part one was very good. As any part 1 of anything it is more about the info and things move a little slow. The Revelation at the end of part 1 was pretty cool.

Getting this now. :) Like you, I grew up with Peter Pan and it has a soft place for me. Im hoping I like this...

EDIT: Watching this right now...feels sorta like a Harry Potter take on Peter Pan. I like this Tinkerbell much better than the Disney version. Darker...will post later. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This was done quite well! I really liked it a lot. Lots of Harry Potter feel to it, the special effects and the characters are great for this! Good entertainment value. :)