Netflix is eh...

This movie bright is so successful even though it hasn't even aired, Netflix has already ordered a sequel LOL!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/21/16805748/netflix-bright-sequel-will-smith-joel-edgerton

For some reason I thought Bright" was going to be an episodic show, not a movie. But it is what it is I guess. At any rate, as proven by the comments in the article this movie cannot be considered a blockbuster. That's simply not how blockbusters work. A movie has to be released in theaters and it has to be wildly financially successful for it to meet the definition of "blockbuster".

Besides, this thing hasn't even aired yet. This is all hype. But if Netflix wants to continue this charade, which is intended to fool investors, then I really don't care. When their financial house of cards comes crashing down I won't be one of the ones hurt by it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
For some reason I thought Bright" was going to be an episodic show, not a movie. But it is what it is I guess. At any rate, as proven by the comments in the article this movie cannot be considered a blockbuster. That's simply not how blockbusters work. A movie has to be released in theaters and it has to be wildly financially successful for it to meet the definition of "blockbuster".

Besides, this thing hasn't even aired yet. This is all hype. But if Netflix wants to continue this charade, which is intended to fool investors, then I really don't care. When their financial house of cards comes crashing down I won't be one of the ones hurt by it.

Netflix is hyping it up because it's now facing quite a lot of competition and their competitors removing their movies and tv shows from their catalogue to start their own subscription service. Pretty sure soon you'll see fox stuff on Disney's subscription model.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hey, Netflix is THE place to go for Bollywood!