My cat Siete just signed a media contract with Defy Media! LMAO!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, in a bizarre chain of events. the media company Defy Media saw my video on Siete and Bella on YouTube, and they offered to market it. This video:

They now have an exclusive license, and they are paying me for the video! LMAO! My cat is employed...and he is now an Industry cat. :) That income of his pays for his food now. LOL!

SieteContract.PNG

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So now you're a "kept" person...kept by your cat!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
It's about time pets start pulling their weight. I, for one, am tired of these welfare-ridden, self-entitled burdens to society, just lounging around, expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter while we cook, clean and provide for them from our hard earned dollars! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So now you're a "kept" person...kept by your cat!
Well, that was true before contract. :) Its not a whole lot of money, but it is more than what it costs me to maintain these two cats. Siete is now a breadwinner in his own right. Grumpy Cat is truly unique, and she has already made more than 98 MILLION for her owner who was originally a waitress, now a multi-millionaire. This thing with Siete was accidental.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here's hoping he doesn't turn into an overbearing "stage mom". :icon_lol:

Their license allows them to do anything they want to the video. They can add music or voiceover, cut it, remix it, enhance it, etc. I get 50% of whatever is made from it. This whole thing is HILARIOUS to me! I did nothing at all, and that video has been sitting up on YouTube for a couple of years. This morning, that first email came, then 10 emails later there is a signed contract by the end of today. I was texting Bluce during the day as this unfolded. :anim_59:. Since posting this, there have been several more emails.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Whatever you do don't become this stage mom:

103495595_a_p.jpg

She brings new meaning to "dog and pony show". :smiley-laughing021:

Speaking of which, I have found even more videos like the first one, with Bella and Siete...winners. :) I will upload them now and see if Defy Media wants them. :) I will upload them to YouTube and embed them here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She brings new meaning to "dog and pony show". :smiley-laughing021:

Speaking of which, I have found even more videos like the first one, with Bella and Siete...winners. :) I will upload them now and see if Defy Media wants them. :) I will upload them to YouTube and embed them here.

Don't forget us little people when you're a billionaire. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh my...this is adorable too...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And another one...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bella, Sherry Jackson's yorkie. The same one in the other videos:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These Maine Coon breed cats are known for their decidedly un-catlike behaviors. The Norwegian Forest Cat has very similar behaviors, and the breeds are very hard to tell apart. Polydactylism is more common in the Maine Coon (and my Siete has 28 toes). These cats like to play in water, they come when called and find humans interesting enough to play fetch with them. Most cats will look at their human like they are crazy for thinking they would stoop to catching a ball thrown by a mere bipedal primate. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Already, within 24 hours, my own video has been transferred in ownership to Defy Media:

copyright.png

LMAO! Siete is now a celebrity! :icon_rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't forget us little people when you're a billionaire. ;)

You know what? If that really happened, I would GIVE each member here $50,000 just because. Seriously. I'm like that. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Interesting! So basically Siete has to do nothing at all? It's just about the one video? Did they tell you WHY they were so particularly interested in this video?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I couldn't help but notice some similarities between Siete and Lord Ba'al.

Lord Ba'al & Qetesh.jpg

This one's a bit cuter.

Cute stuff.jpg

Both pictures were taken almost two years ago by the way, so he's gotten a bit bigger. Her not so much.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting! So basically Siete has to do nothing at all? It's just about the one video? Did they tell you WHY they were so particularly interested in this video?

That video has been siting up on YouTube for two years, and the ONLY comment on it was from Break Media. I thought it was an ad first, but then for kicks I responded to the email they sent me and within one hour they offered two scenarios: one where they pay me $100.00 for the video and get the license for it. The second which I took was $50.00 up front and 50% of anything that came later through whatever means (they own the video now). Siete does not have to do anything. His work was done in that video. Any more videos I make of my silly cat is separate. :)

I couldn't help but notice some similarities between Siete and Lord Ba'al.

View attachment 33143

AMAZING! His markings are very very similar. Siete is a medium long haired cat, and he is very large. Here is a closer up picture. He is a Maine Coon, and weighs about 18lbs

20151017_121000.jpg

This one's a bit cuter.

View attachment 33144

Both pictures were taken almost two years ago by the way, so he's gotten a bit bigger. Her not so much.

Awwww :)
That's my furry babies!!!!!!!!

They are wonderful creatures. People who do not know what cats are REALLY like make too many wrong assumptions about them. They only want food, they are aloof, they don't feel for their owners (and their animal and cat friends). Just LOL! I saw Fisher cry ACTUAL tears, just like a human. I wrote about it here. He was being harassed by Siete when I first let them out together, and he was in his safe room when Siete cornered him in there. He had nowhere to hide and he started crying. Actual tears. I saw it with my own eyes, and I stayed in there with him until he stopped crying. Today, they are friends.