Mike Dupod/Varro/Odai Ventrell/ Kiryk Appreciation thread

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hey all...a glitch got this deleted but no worries... I the great (and drooling) Rac80 still have the pics of this hottie!

I developed a crush on Mike Dupod when he played Col. Chernovshev in SG1's season 8 ep. Full Alert...the man can make old Russian uniforms look hot! ;) My crush got even worse after seeing him play the oh-so-charming Odai Ventrell in season 10's Bounty. I almost went into full stalking mode after seeing him shirtless in SGA's season 5 ep Tracker. It has been bittersweet to see him added to the sgpoo cast. I say bittersweet because he is a good actor and excellent eye candy, BUT he's on a horrible show. :P
Here he is as the Lucien Alliance's Varro-- handsomer and a better person than the entire Earth contigent on the Destiny:
Varro1.jpg

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
Hey all...a glitch got this deleted but no worries... I the great (and drooling) Rac80 still have the pics of this hottie!

I developed a crush on Mike Dupod when he played Col. Chernovshev in SG1's season 8 ep. Full Alert...the man can make old Russian uniforms look hot! ;) My crush got even worse after seeing him play the oh-so-charming Odai Ventrell in season 10's Bounty. I almost went into full stalking mode after seeing him shirtless in SGA's season 5 ep Tracker. It has been bittersweet to see him added to the sgpoo cast. I say bittersweet because he is a good actor and excellent eye candy, BUT he's on a horrible show. :P
Here he is as the Lucien Alliance's Varro-- handsomer and a better person than the entire Earth contigent on the Destiny:
Varro1.jpg
I think he would make a great lead if you got rid of Louis Ferreria (who I respect and feel bad for, since he'll never be a lead again) and the horrible character of Col. Young.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I think he would make a great lead if you got rid of Louis Ferreria (who I respect and feel bad for, since he'll never be a lead again) and the horrible character of Col. Young.
I must agree...I felt his character had more leadership ability when he is asleep than young has when he's awake. :P

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

As mentioned previously - "Oh, this is so a chick thread", followed in short order by Rac's repsonse post of............

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
As mentioned previously - "Oh, this is so a chick thread", followed in short order by Rac's repsonse post of............
*drawing a blank here*....:icon_e_confused: it was probably rude and wondered if robbie "swung that way" knowing me! :P

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

*drawing a blank here*....:icon_e_confused: it was probably rude and wondered if robbie "swung that way" knowing me! :P

No, I'm strictly butter side up me. I was merely harking back to, & trying to make this thread more like the last version of it.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
And I said...

To recreate my part:

In response to Rac's first post, I said something like:

Agreed :D Although I wouldn't be surprised if the writers manage to make his character unlikeable somehow :(

And Rac said it didn't matter to her because she's not watching the eps, but the screenshots will live forever ;)

And I said:

Very true. I sense several new desktop backgrounds in my computer's near future ;)

Wow - is it scary I remember the thread in such detail?? What can I say? Eye candy gets my full attention :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Eyecandy SPAM!!!!

Warning hotness will ensue! ;)
jennkiryk9.jpg
Kiryk the Runner season 5 of SGA, Tracker.

sg181.jpg

Hot Russian Colonel, season 8 of SG1, Full Alert.

sg1108.jpg

Odai Ventrell, season 10 of SG1, Bounty.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
He's my favorite character on SGU so far

Right now, Odai Ventrell... oops I mean Varro... is my favorite character on SGU. He has shown the greatest amount of integrity and moral calibre of anyone else in the show. I seriously hope he doesn't die in the next episode *knocks on wood.* He is awesome and the best character on SGU. When there is a new (and REAL) Stargate show done after SGU is cancelled, I hope Mike Dopud has a part in it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He should have had Young's role.

I must agree...I felt his character had more leadership ability when he is asleep than young has when he's awake. :P

They should have executed Young in Intervention and had Varro take charge after Kiva got blown away. :) The Varro character has a kind demeanor. And Dupod can pull off the "gentle giant" thing with ease. The man has a friendly, peaceful face. But he looks like if he wasnt feeling so peaceful he could break your neck with an extended arm and one hand. :icon_e_surprised:

Yllek

GateFans Noob
They should have executed Young in Intervention and had Varro take charge after Kiva got blown away. :) The Varro character has a kind demeanor. And Dupod can pull off the "gentle giant" thing with ease. The man has a friendly, peaceful face. But he looks like if he wasnt feeling so peaceful he could break your neck with an extended arm and one hand. :icon_e_surprised:

Plus, and I'm not joking here, THEY USE (mostly) PROPER LIGHTING WHEN HE'S IN THE SHOT!

Or maybe he shines from within. :icon_e_wink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahaha!

Plus, and I'm not joking here, THEY USE (mostly) PROPER LIGHTING WHEN HE'S IN THE SHOT!

Or maybe he shines from within. :icon_e_wink:

:icon_eek: :rotflmao:

Im sure Rac80 agrees with that comment! :icon_lol:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
In that picture with his shirt off it looks like he has a pair of moobs on the grow :P

Well that just adds to his awesomeness, he's charismatic, logical and thoughtful, handsome and now has a lovely set of wazzers to grab a hold of. Hell, I'm not even gay.

:smiley_squee:

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
Copied from my post on this topic over at Gayteworld:
"Looking at the characters, Varro from the Lucian Alliance seems like the best leader. He's always remained level-headed, shows mercy for his enemies (even if that is to protect the members of his crew) and he is a capable fighter. If he were born on Earth instead of somewhere else in the Milky Way he would make a great commander"

I would like to add that the delivery of his line to Young when he is sent through the gate to the lightning planet was great. Something like "I'm here because I stood up for you!"

Hell, all of the Lucian Alliance characters, and Telford, were all more interesting than the Icarus crew we've been dealing with from the first season.

S

Stonelesscutter

Varro1.jpg

Seriously, col. Chernovshev and Odai Ventrell is the same guy???
Is col. chernovshev the one that got posessed by Anubis?

For some reason I never really liked him much as Odai Ventrell and the runner in SGA.
But I like him much better as a captive LA figure in SGU.
He's so going to bang TJ you know, if he hasn't already.
Now that would suck!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
no he is working for the guy who got possed by a gou'ald-- Daniel went to Russia-met a hot chick and then they dealt with this colonel. Season 8 ep 14 Full Alert)

G

Graybrew1

I agree , this man has a very likeable demeanor and he is not too hard to look at either.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
nothing at all on tv except politics so I put in SG1's "bounty" and got to drool over Odai Ventrell ....AKA Mike Dopud! had my drool for the day! :D