Male/female viewer ratio of SGU

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Wow, thanks for saving those screencaps.

the truth hurts huh?

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Yeah, thanks for saving those! I always wonder what they delete. Didn't seem bad at all.
Funny that I must come to SGU*S to find out what GW is posting about!

Nani

GateFans Noob
SGU is failing even in this regard. The average age of an SGU viewers is around 50 years old. SGU is older skewing than SG1 and SGA by a few years. So there can't be many young males under 30 watching. If a lot of young men would watch SGU, it wouldn't be so bad from an advertiser point of view.

Now remember, young males are tech-savvy and therefore download! :P

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Thanks for the great screen caps.

As a woman, the atrocious portrayal of women in this show is one of many reasons I hate SGU. :mad:

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
I think I remember hearing numbers being kicked around that women generally make up about 38% of scifi viewers, and that SG1 was much higher than that, something like 45% or more.

So SGU really has lost female viewers. I'm with PegDig2004 on this- it's the atrocious portrayal of women in SGU that loses me.

Well, that and a serious lack of eye candy.

I would really love to know what the ratio was for BSG. It had a lot of strong female characters. I'd bet it was pretty close to the 40-50% mark, like SG-1.

Tropicana

Council Member
Old screencap I know but still - Duneknight said, "I find Rush and Young sexy and I'm a guy" - I'm gonna puke. Young maybe sexy if he was naked and has bondage cuffs around his wrists and ankles but Rush - EWWWWW!