Lost in Space reboot series on Netflix

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
new trailer released yesterday. looks good..just have to wait..fingers crossed

Looks way better than Discovery lol I might check it out.

Btw, the people on youtube are mentioning that there is a black person in this.

I was thinking about seeing the original B-9-M-3 robot model.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks way better than Discovery lol I might check it out.

Btw, the people on youtube are mentioning that there is a black person in this.

I was thinking about seeing the original B-9-M-3 robot model.

Isn't the Dr Smith replacement a black female?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Wondering...is the roadster in orbit or following a trajectory away from earth?
It is not in a standard earth orbit but in elliptical orbit so that at some points it'll be close to earth and other points it'll be close to Mars. It might come near other planets over time as well. But we're talking massive time frames.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
one of the ' kids' is black whatever that matters. they could make this in crayon with stick ppl and i'd probably still give it a shot

'kids' meaning is it a standard, nuclear family, or is it an arranged family brought together for their genes,education/trng and breeding potential (see above post of mine on viability of colony building)?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The original sucked, the movie sucked, and it sounds like this will suck too! A Trifecta of sucking! :icon_rotflmao:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Just watched the 1998 movie of this, not War and Peace but it was fun. I really hope they don't go all Discovery on this one too.

Why don't we all just slit our wrists instead of watching these damn depressing shows? Maybe this is just a way to kill off the stupid ones.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Maybe this is just a way to kill off the stupid ones

or

kill the whole genre of sci fi, space fi and future fi?

it is an expensive genre to make movies and tv in. kill it and just make more sappy rom coms and more cop shows

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think that Science Fiction has had a resurgence lately...check out Altered Carbon or Dark Mirror on NF....really different types of Sci-Fi and yet really interesting stuff. It shows that if they want to, they can make good Sci-Fi. Legion on FX is a really interesting twist on the Superhero trend as well. Not quite "Discovery Dystopian" darkness but all very surreal.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think that Science Fiction has had a resurgence lately...check out Altered Carbon or Dark Mirror on NF....really different types of Sci-Fi and yet really interesting stuff. It shows that if they want to, they can make good Sci-Fi. Legion on FX is a really interesting twist on the Superhero trend as well. Not quite "Discovery Dystopian" darkness but all very surreal.

i watched both ALTERED and DM

i wasn't as impressed with this season of DM as last

I think ALTERED CARBON is a very good show

you and I seem to be in a minority here on this though... :(

did you check out DARK on NF?

it starts of with a lot of character exposition and just 'busy' because-later, there is a lot going on and it is necessary to do this

some tune in and do not think it is a sci fi show but it is (perhaps future fi fits better)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Probably good to make another thread on this but sorry I meant to say Black Mirror on NF. I read in an article once that it is about our future in ten minutes if we had taken a very different path in some way. I think of them both in a mix of Futuristic and Sci-Fi because they are filled with scientific inventions that have not occurred yet. I have not seen Dark yet but is that more of a murder mystery like The Killing?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
The original sucked, the movie sucked, and it sounds like this will suck too! A Trifecta of sucking! :icon_rotflmao:
Find the black and white original Pilot and I think you will have a change of heart . It is very different from what it became which was a hell of a shame , because it is my only favorite episode . The series itself is just HR Puffin Stuff to be honest and silly as hell but fun sometimes ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Dammit . I dont think that was the right one . The one I saw makes Dr Smith an evil villain and not a baffoon ,,,

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You're right, Dr. Smith started out psychopathic and downright evil. Later on he morphed into an effete campy clown.

in TOS was his mission to plant a bomb or sabotage the ship and then get off before it flew?