Lost in Space reboot series on Netflix

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is the just released trailer for the Lost in Space reboot series that I guess is gonna be on Netflix.

I like...very much. :) I love the nods to the original series (without which it would not be able to exist). Something tells me that there is no conniving character on that ship that I saw in the trailer. The rest of it is great looking! I heard the original theme song, and the voice of the robot. The kid is cute without being pageant-looking. I'm liking it!

I like...very much. :) I love the nods to the original series (without which it would not be able to exist). Something tells me that there is no conniving character on that ship that I saw in the trailer. The rest of it is great looking! I heard the original theme song, and the voice of the robot. The kid is cute without being pageant-looking. I'm liking it!

Well from what I understand it's supposed to be a "darker" version of the show. And there's some changes in casting of certain iconic roles. I won't spoil it just yet though.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this applies to the original as well

how is it that a family is going to start a colony?

that is just not genetically viable..not unless that 'family' is really not related by blood and is a 'family' assembled for the mission?

Even with 'Don' hitting up Penny and Blondie and Mom, "Dad" doing the same, and Will getting the female offspring, still not enough variation--unless the 'family' has been genetically modified to somehow carry other DNA on their DNA. a type of genetic piggyback

I know, it is about being'lost' but I'd still like an explanation dambitt!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
btw--there were 2 other threads on this. just FYI for kill or merge :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Saw the trailer and found it quite promising. Never saw the original by the way. Guess I'll put this on my list of things to look forward to.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Parker Posey? As in Blade Trinity Parker Posey? Blech!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I also heard Dr. Smith is going to be female

well it doesn't really matter that Smith will be a female in the big picture (female trek cpt's, starbuck, female main in EXPANSE,etc) but I wonder how much script and sub plot might be guided by SJW and other social issues of today?

we hear that they must leave earth because there is something wrong with earth ---no doubt mmcc or some other social issue/crusade of today. that despite in the background of their walking to the ship we see sunshine, green trees and a seemingly healthy landscape

BUT I really want to like this show please

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Regarding the Orville, I was thinking how it would be sweet if they incorporated the Tesla roadster in it somehow. I tweeted about it but it attracted exactly zero attention.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
got her. Molly Parker. I remember her from GOLIATH and HOUSE OF CARDS (until i stopped watching it)

she has been in a lot of other things as well

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662504/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

ps-- i tried to remember on my own, but then looked it up, so easy of course. but i like to put my brain and memory to work

does just 'looking things up' allow some type of atrophy that silently tells us we don't need to retain stuff as well as we once did because we can always just 'look it up'?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
new trailer released yesterday. looks good..just have to wait..fingers crossed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Regarding the Orville, I was thinking how it would be sweet if they incorporated the Tesla roadster in it somehow. I tweeted about it but it attracted exactly zero attention.

Wondering...is the roadster in orbit or following a trajectory away from earth?