Lifeforce - one really weird oldie

That's a nice clean version . VHS never had that quality lol ...Wow is she pretty or what !
;)

roflbot (5).jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting tidbit - at the time of filming Mathilda May didn't know a word of English. She did all her dialogue phonetically. That makes her being good in the part more impressive.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Interesting tidbit - at the time of filming Mathilda May didn't know a word of English. She did all her dialogue phonetically. That makes her being good in the part more impressive.
I think her being in the part made her part more impressive .
:)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think her being in the part made her part more impressive .
:)

I can think of two other things that made her impressive too. :biggrin:

Somehow, the movie managed to seem longer than it actually was. I watched it on Amazon Prime today and thoroughly enjoyed it, but was amused at the blatant connection between vampires and aliens. :) It was a very cool watch. I found it much more interesting than many newer movies like Valerian.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is a fun movie. How about Patrick Stewart’s role? Trivia: Patrick’s Stewart’s first onscreen kiss was in this film, and it was Steve Railsback :icon_rotflmao:

Tobe Hooper made in essence a big budget movie that feels a lot like something from Hammer Studios, and particularly like a Quatermass story. If you have a copy of “Five Million Years to Earth” look at it and this and note the similar flow and tone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is a fun movie. How about Patrick Stewart’s role? Trivia: Patrick’s Stewart’s first onscreen kiss was in this film, and it was Steve Railsback :icon_rotflmao:

Tobe Hooper made in essence a big budget movie that feels a lot like something from Hammer Studios, and particularly like a Quatermass story. If you have a copy of “Five Million Years to Earth” look at it and this and note the similar flow and tone.

I do, and it does! Patrick Stewart really had his Received Pronunciation dialed way up in Lifeforce. :) Even his screams have class. :anim_59: