"Let Me In"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That's pretty much the theme of any horror story with a monster in it. The "monster" is us. You'd think this theme would have gotten tired-out by now but people keep coming up with different ways to show it. Consider werewolf movies where the guy is so conflicted about the beast that lives within. Talk about a metaphor for human nature. There's been some good story telling with the werewolf genre. The movie Silver Bullet still scares me to this day.

Very true mate, very true. perhaps we should rewatch silver bullet, I have it here :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Some examples of well crafted horror:

Dracula (the Bela Lugosi original)

Silence of the Lambs

28 Days Later

Then there's REALLY poorly done horror....

Saw

Hostel

Hellraiser

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Even for how dated Silver Bullet is it's still scary. It's also scary that Cory Haim died (the kid in the movie) while Gary Busey still lives -- and he's a mess.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Have you guys seen Frailty or am I alone here?

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm not a horror fan myself but I can enjoy some movies of the genre. Though I generally avoid checking them out.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm not a horror fan myself but I can enjoy some movies of the genre. Though I generally avoid checking them out.

You're scared of having bad dreams or getting the creepy feeling that the little guy under the bed will jump out and get you, eh?

G

Graybrew1

I am huge scaredy cat with this genre. During Halloween times though I still find myself watching some of them.

G

Graybrew1

Indeed, you are going to make me blow my diet.
Maybe the bad guys will come looking for your croissants. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

That's how the little guy under the bed gets you.

By the way, those croissants in your sig are making me hungry.

The little guy under the bed doesn't scare me. He's terrified of me. He knows what I have in my drawers. :P

If you're hungry for croissants then have some. :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The little guy under the bed doesn't scare me. He's terrified of me. He knows what I have in my drawers. :P

If you're hungry for croissants then have some. :D

Well, I suppose if he knows there's nothing there I guess he won't waste his time. :rotflmao:

Sorry, bro. That door was wide open. :icon_lol: