Last "movies/TV series/whatever you watched" that sucked

AdamG

GateFans Noob
Worst..

Theres always a bad movie and tv series on each year. I alwasy go with my 'worst move of the year' I know people may disagree but its sean connery's 'A league of extrodinary gentlmen' specifically becuase he quotes it as why he stopped making movies, the legend lost.

The tv series aside from SGpu.. its tough becuase some series you start watching and like but stop because it jumps shark etc. Of course theres some stuff thats really bad that i couldnt get past the first few eps those i tend to block from memorey and move on.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I have to disagree with the clash of the titans, while it was poor, it wasn't that bad and for sure it is better than the new movie, sure there were cheesy things and it all felt a bit more like child movie, except that medusa is too freaky for children. But they did a good job in making a new design of medusa in there, combining it with those uhh hows it called...the snakeish creature design i mean. Many computer games also got inspired of that medusa.

Day after Tomorrow, no that is not the worst movie ever, but I can accept if you think that, heh, if you don't mean that it is the only recently watched movie you think sucked. But be glad you haven't seen the worst of worst then....

actually because of movie prices we are very picky what movies we watch "first run" there is a second run theater nearby that charges $2 and less per showing so we use that one often. Day after tomorrow...i don't know what is worse the lack of science in it or the acting...I usually love dennis quaid (which is why i went to see that movie) but it was terribly over acted and the so-called science is laughable. My biology prof would grit his teeth whenever that movie was mentioned. ;)

As I said we are picky about what we will pay full price for...the new harry potter we will because we love harry potter movies, the twilight movies, we took a chance with the new sherlock holmes and loved it, we enjoyed the sorcerer's apprentice but saw that at the second run theater.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
sgu is the worst show ever produced on this planet and lemons previously mentioned are not even in the same league as sgu. It stands alone in this category . My 2 cents

F

Frumenta

Don't hurt me but... Inception. It put me straight to sleep. It was so boring I couldn't wait for it to be over. So overrated!

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
Worst sci-fi Movies:

Battlefield Earth - bad writing, bad story to begin with, bad acting, bad bad bad. They don't even try to be funny.

The Fifth Element - stupid excuse for some 'model' to show us her goods and very little substance. Ridiculous story, could have been funny and fun , but failed on both counts. (The talk show host dude was hilarious though.)

Worst Series:

Farscape - Farce indeed. Really boring. My god it's so boring. Too many skanky girls too. (I'm not talking about Claudia Black's character .. she did alright)

Star Hunter - WTF!! This has got to be the worst "star" show out there.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Uhh, I saw only farscape and fifth element and they were both good imo, fifth element is more like sci fi comedy, but it rocks, I first thought it sucked but after watching the whole movie I changed my mind.

Will

GateFans Noob
This thread shows just how diverse tastes in TV we have within this community...some of us adore shows others of us hate and vice versa....and yet, despite all the different likes and dislikes here, none of us can stand SGU. Really says something about the quality of SGU, doesn't it :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
This thread shows just how diverse tastes in TV we have within this community...some of us adore shows others of us hate and vice versa....and yet, despite all the different likes and dislikes here, none of us can stand SGU. Really says something about the quality of SGU, doesn't it :)

Of course not! SGU is the greatest show on earth its not thier fault we are too shallow to understand the great and glorious concept that is SGU.

/sarcasm

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
The last series I watched that I didn't like was Fringe. Among other things, I didn't like how they'd do odd things with no explanation. Something I have always enjoyed in scifi is when the normal things are normal- like seeing Garibaldi reading Universe Today and complaining about the Dodgers in Babylon 5 or Bra'tac asking if the space shuttles are "formidable craft" and getting dead silence for an answer. It's these kinds of things that allow us to imagine people- more specifically one's self- in the future or going through a Stargate buried beneath Colorado Springs.

I only watched the first couple of episodes of Fringe and it struck be as being very bizarre in the way they'd take totally routine things and twist them around. In that way, I could not feel like I was "there". It seemed like a parallel universe, but not my own. Airplanes don't land on autopilot. Gravity doesn't allow people to climb between buildings like Spiderman. These things were unnecessarily confusing and pointless, and detracted from the story. I don't know if it got better, or worse as the series went on. I'm aware that Fringe is being canceled, and I can see why.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wha?

Worst sci-fi Movies:

Battlefield Earth - bad writing, bad story to begin with, bad acting, bad bad bad. They don't even try to be funny.

The Fifth Element - stupid excuse for some 'model' to show us her goods and very little substance. Ridiculous story, could have been funny and fun , but failed on both counts. (The talk show host dude was hilarious though.)

Worst Series:

Farscape - Farce indeed. Really boring. My god it's so boring. Too many skanky girls too. (I'm not talking about Claudia Black's character .. she did alright)

Star Hunter - WTF!! This has got to be the worst "star" show out there.

I liked The Fifth Element! Its a very campy and entertaining movie, and Mila is just...:) I love her in everything she is in. Her and Bruce Willis had great chemistry in that movie. It was a great roller coaster ride sorta movie to me. Not meant to be serious scifi. And Farscape...well, it had its moments, but I agreed that it was sorta weird. I still watche it frequently. I liked the dynamic between Ben Browder and Claudia Black in Farscape and was very very pleased to see them join SG-1 together again.

F

Frumenta

I can't think of another TV show that I have hated quite as much as I hate SGU. I loathed Charmed and found Seventh Heaven to be an abomination but that's about it. I never particularly liked Prison Break and couldn't get into it but the characters were interesting. And I hated Lost after the first season or so, same with Heroes but I liked many of the characters and both shows were well-casted.

SGU is a failure on all levels. Uninteresting cast with almost no eyecandy, terrible characters and shitty franchise-destroying writing.

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
I can't think of another TV show that I have hated quite as much as I hate SGU. I loathed Charmed and found Seventh Heaven to be an abomination but that's about it. I never particularly liked Prison Break and couldn't get into it but the characters were interesting. And I hated Lost after the first season or so, same with Heroes but I liked many of the characters and both shows were well-casted.

SGU is a failure on all levels. Uninteresting cast with almost no eyecandy, terrible characters and shitty franchise-destroying writing.

Yep agreed. I have skimmed through other shows, chanel surfed my way out of many ho-hum franchises but have yet to find something that burned as much as SGU. The phrase "It's so bad that it's good" , can apply to the selection of "worst" shows in our list to date, but can't be said of SGU. I didn't like smallville, bsg, the shows i mentioned above, and all sorts of other 'stuff' that I just didn't watch for all sorts of reasons, but mainly, because the show didn't pull me in with the type of entertainment that I value. It's no sin to be overly dramatic, or to get into relationships and romance and stuff like that. It makes me gag, but nobody answers to me. The notion of thinking something along the lines of "God this shit is so awfull that it's the worst shit on tv, geez i hate this f*ing garbage!" rarely applies to me. (I'm happy that entertainment is as diverse as the people watching.) ... until SGU. Not because it's just another bad show. No it's because it's horribly lame, panders to the worst of society, and it's such a blatant cheap attempt at copying more popular shows. Of course SGU does this all while casting aside everything that Stargate fans hold dear and associate with THEIR / OUR franchise. You know like fun, adventure, levity, science, fiction, action, villains, heros, gadgets!

The producers and writers looked back at 15 years of Stargate, looked at how much time and money the fans invested in the franchise, turned around and said FUCK ALL OF YOU, we're doing our own thing.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Imagine what Ed Wood could have done with $2-3 million an episode? A. make better TV that TPTB.

And as far as those Lexx and Fifth Element comments go .... all will be forgiven ...

Drax1971

GateFans Noob
Well, it doesn't specify it has to be Science Fiction it the thread title, sooo...

Prior to SGU (and since) there has only ever been one other programme that insulted my sensibilities enough to go online and protest.

Bonekickers

(I shudder to even type it's name)

I don't believe this poor-man's Dan Brown/Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider pastiche will be defended by anyone from the UK, and I pity anyone who wasted license fee, bandwidth or subscription to BBCA (if it was ever aired in the US). Patronising, apologist, politically correct, reverse racist, badly written, badly researched poop. And written by the guys who did Life on Mars, too :facepalm:

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Yep agreed. I have skimmed through other shows, chanel surfed my way out of many ho-hum franchises but have yet to find something that burned as much as SGU. The phrase "It's so bad that it's good" , can apply to the selection of "worst" shows in our list to date, but can't be said of SGU. I didn't like smallville, bsg, the shows i mentioned above, and all sorts of other 'stuff' that I just didn't watch for all sorts of reasons, but mainly, because the show didn't pull me in with the type of entertainment that I value. It's no sin to be overly dramatic, or to get into relationships and romance and stuff like that. It makes me gag, but nobody answers to me. The notion of thinking something along the lines of "God this shit is so awfull that it's the worst shit on tv, geez i hate this f*ing garbage!" rarely applies to me. (I'm happy that entertainment is as diverse as the people watching.) ... until SGU. Not because it's just another bad show. No it's because it's horribly lame, panders to the worst of society, and it's such a blatant cheap attempt at copying more popular shows. Of course SGU does this all while casting aside everything that Stargate fans hold dear and associate with THEIR / OUR franchise. You know like fun, adventure, levity, science, fiction, action, villains, heros, gadgets!

The producers and writers looked back at 15 years of Stargate, looked at how much time and money the fans invested in the franchise, turned around and said FUCK ALL OF YOU, we're doing our own thing.

Yes, indeed.
As I've said before, I would have just thought, "Well, that sucks," changed the channel and never bothered myself with SGU again had it been part of some other franchise. My dislike for this show only rises to the level of disgust because of the words and actions of TPTB.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Even Starlost is better than this turd!

"Starlost" a terrible canadian series that SGPoo has robbed many an idea from (on a ship they can't steer, half of the ship is damaged, no idea where they are going...) starring a young Keir Dullea-- Dave from 2001....he has always been a lost in space person i guess. maybe he should join sgpoo's cast! ;) SGPoo actually makes this series look interesting....

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
The real deal

Ugh ... Starlost. :beckettd: That's been discussed here before.

I just watched both Che movies. Really good films with the first being a bit better. If you want to see shakey cam used properly these are the ones to see. It will make you realize truly just what a hack job that SGU is.

One thing that was notable in Che was that you are quite dead after being shot with an old 303 from a hill. Really no need for lasers and 100 gallons of gas bombs to go off.