Last "movies/TV series/whatever you watched" that sucked

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I saw a glimpse (not whole) of some movie called "Flash Gordon" today, omg what a load of BS.
Batman and robin seems as a very good movie compared to that. Seriously...all these lines and nonsenses, like when they crash with the plane and they don't have any injury or that the cabin was penetrated but he could like steer it down...seriously...

And then, wtf was that planet or whatever world it was and how could they breathe there and why did they adjust that other guy to their climate if he was able to breathe there before, wtf is the point, it all doesn't make sense, it is all like a LSD trip or something.

And wtf did Timothy Dalton's character first s ave Flash only to want to kill him seconds later and then beind saved by yet another else from him? This is all pure nonsense.

How could that film even become a cult? My god....
I couldn't stand watching it, and I didn't watch it whole...but damn...first Transformers and now this utter BS.
Also I saw today the new Indiana Jones movie and that one was surprisingly good, even if too far fetched, but after that crap I watched it seemed like the best thing ever.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hey!!
Flash gordon was done in 1980 man, give it a break!!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Worst...hmmm...

Cannibal the Musical comes to mind...mainly because the movie was so terribly overexposed. To the point it made you want to rip out your eyeballs.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Hey!!
Flash gordon was done in 1980 man, give it a break!!
I saw it only today and it doesn't matter when it was made for me, as I said it was one of the recently watched movies that I think sucked. It was received poorly in America at least and it is so bad that it's funny, someone said it was intentional but I don't really think it was, parodies like Airplane and airplane2, that is intentional, Flash Gordon just sucks.

The worst comic adaptation I have seen and no I haven't seen the old batman tv series, but I know they suck as well.

Original star trek is cheesy as well, but no way to this level, even the worst and most cheesy episodes. And I quite like TOS.

geijin

GateFans Noob
I saw it only today and it doesn't matter when it was made for me, as I said it was one of the recently watched movies that I think sucked. It was received poorly in America at least and it is so bad that it's funny, someone said it was intentional but I don't really think it was, parodies like Airplane and airplane2, that is intentional, Flash Gordon just sucks.

The worst comic adaptation I have seen and no I haven't seen the old batman tv series, but I know they suck as well.

Original star trek is cheesy as well, but no way to this level, even the worst and most cheesy episodes. And I quite like TOS.

Every superhero movie from 1980 was about that bad. Find a copy of He-Man, without Dolf in it, and see what I mean.

Worst TV show, excluding the obvious, is a toss up between The Event and Vampire Diaries. The Event was SGU without a linear progression, and Vampire Diaries is a bunch of effeminate whiners.

Worst movie, still, is Battlefield Earth. I read the book, it was pretty good, the movie left out everything that was good about the book. More recently, Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was M. Night Shamalyan, so what does anyone expect.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
the absolute worst movie was the orignal Clash of the Titans from 1981.... Harry hamlin was Perseus ...yeah riiiiiiiiiiight ;) You know olivier only did that one for the money! :P The Day after Tomorrow is pretty stupid as well.

Honestly i have never seen a worse tv series than sgpoo...:D but then I am very very picky about what I watch.

theOldOne

GateFans Noob
Let's see, my worst film was The Last Airbender, a big giant mess of horrible acting and even worse scripting.

The director made a mockery of the awesome cartoon series.

The worst tv show award would have to go to the 8th season of Charmed, the other seasons were good, especially the ones where Prue was alive.

However, in the 8th season they introduced a blond bimbo (no offense to any blondes here) and started focusing on her and not the Charmed Ones.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
the absolute worst movie was the orignal Clash of the Titans from 1981.... Harry hamlin was Perseus ...yeah riiiiiiiiiiight ;) You know olivier only did that one for the money! :P The Day after Tomorrow is pretty stupid as well.

Honestly i have never seen a worse tv series than sgpoo...:D but then I am very very picky about what I watch.

I don't know Rac80, the remake of CotT was pretty bad as well....

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Movies: The Transformers move series. It was nothing but pure, mindless, CGI-wank. Those movies stole precious hours from my life, and I want them back!

Television shows: Jersey Shore, Paradise Hotel, etc. Pretty much every reality show in existence. Then there's LOST. I stopped watching in season 2/3, because it was glaringly obvious that the producers had no idea what they were doing, and were just making stuff up as they went along. Then there's pretty much every American sitcom ever created, except for The Simpsons, Family Guy, Scrubs, Weeds & How I Met Your Mother. After those I'd list all the CSI's, Grey's Anatomy, 90210, Melrose Place, One Tree Hill, etc.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob

I have to disagree with the clash of the titans, while it was poor, it wasn't that bad and for sure it is better than the new movie, sure there were cheesy things and it all felt a bit more like child movie, except that medusa is too freaky for children. But they did a good job in making a new design of medusa in there, combining it with those uhh hows it called...the snakeish creature design i mean. Many computer games also got inspired of that medusa.

Day after Tomorrow, no that is not the worst movie ever, but I can accept if you think that, heh, if you don't mean that it is the only recently watched movie you think sucked. But be glad you haven't seen the worst of worst then....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Avatar, Transformers 2, Terminator 4

Movies: The Transformers move series. It was nothing but pure, mindless, CGI-wank. Those movies stole precious hours from my life, and I want them back!

Television shows: Jersey Shore, Paradise Hotel, etc. Pretty much every reality show in existence. Then there's LOST. I stopped watching in season 2/3, because it was glaringly obvious that the producers had no idea what they were doing, and were just making stuff up as they went along. Then there's pretty much every American sitcom ever created, except for The Simpsons, Family Guy, Scrubs, Weeds & How I Met Your Mother. After those I'd list all the CSI's, Grey's Anatomy, 90210, Melrose Place, One Tree Hill, etc.

Battlefield Earth

I am ready for the tomatoes :tomato:. I hated Avatar with a passion. I loved the eye candy, but the story pissed me off because I have seen it done so many times its a cliche. Dancing with Wolves, Enemy Mine, Tarzan, The Time Machine (the newest one), ad nauseum. I hate those type of movies where there are the "dumb and helpless non-white natives", and then some brave white guy comes into their culture and then ends up being the leader of it (because the natives are not capable of that themselves). Its a 19th century concept and has been done to death. I hated Transformers 2 because it was nothing but a teenage "boy and his robots" story done in live action. The characters were shallow, the story was juvenile, and the movie was rife with stereotypes and cliches and cheesy humor (a robot humping somebody's leg? Honestly.) Terminator 4 I hated because it trampled on the canon of the first 3 movies and they chose Christian Bale as John Connor even though he was not cast correctly in that movie. The story of the sensitive Terminator prototype didnt grab me at all. Worst science fiction-like movie of all time for me? The Black Hole by Disney...OH MY GOD :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am ready for the tomatoes :tomato:. I hated Avatar with a passion. I loved the eye candy, but the story pissed me off because I have seen it done so many times its a cliche. Dancing with Wolves, Enemy Mine, Tarzan, The Time Machine (the newest one), ad nauseum. I hate those type of movies where there are the "dumb and helpless non-white natives", and then some brave white guy comes into their culture and then ends up being the leader of it (because the natives are not capable of that themselves). Its a 19th century concept and has been done to death. I hated Transformers 2 because it was nothing but a teenage "boy and his robots" story done in live action. The characters were shallow, the story was juvenile, and the movie was rife with stereotypes and cliches and cheesy humor (a robot humping somebody's leg? Honestly.) Terminator 4 I hated because it trampled on the canon of the first 3 movies and they chose Christian Bale as John Connor even though he was not cast correctly in that movie. The story of the sensitive Terminator prototype didnt grab me at all. Worst science fiction-like movie of all time for me? The Black Hole by Disney...OH MY GOD :facepalm:

this tomato?
tomato.gif

or the mckaytomato?
mckaytomato-1.gif

in your list of repetitive movies you forgot a classic Lawrence of Arabia.....:P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh geez...forgot about that one!

this tomato?
tomato.gif

or the mckaytomato?
mckaytomato-1.gif

in your list of repetitive movies you forgot a classic Lawrence of Arabia.....:P

Yep, Larry of Arabia is not on my favorites list either! Add to that Jungle Book, and to some degree even the original Stargate movie and the core of Star Trek Nemesis had the "dumb natives/brave white male leader who takes over" scenario in there. To me, the story needs to be engaging...which is why invasion movies like War of the Worlds (old and new), V (old and new), Independence Day, The Arrival (only the first one) and a few others always make my favorites list. But my favorite of all time is Blade Runner :)

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Let's see, there's so many.

Movies:

- Any Michael Bay, CGI wankfests.
- Independence Day
- War of the Worlds (new)
- New Star Wars Movies - especially the abomination that introduced Jar Jar.
- Primer
- Any romantic comedy, especially those that include J-Lo, Mariah Carey, and/or Spears.
- Any police academy movie and other 'not another' series.
- Alien 4, AVP 2

TV:

- any soap
- any cop show
- any lawyer show
- any sitcom
- any reality show

(as you can see, I don't watch much tv).

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Let's see, my worst film was The Last Airbender, a big giant mess of horrible acting and even worse scripting.

The director made a mockery of the awesome cartoon series.

The worst tv show award would have to go to the 8th season of Charmed, the other seasons were good, especially the ones where Prue was alive.

However, in the 8th season they introduced a blond bimbo (no offense to any blondes here) and started focusing on her and not the Charmed Ones.
I can't recall where, but I heard a kid refer to The Last Airbender as "dancing with special effects".

I couldn't have said it better.

Red Mage

Boney
Want to see a bad movie? Watch anything by Ed Wood. His movies are so bad that they actually have a fairly large cult following.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
The most recent one...

To keep in line with the topic, the most recent movie I watched that sucked is Skyline. Man, that was bad.