Land of The Giant's

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL...My sister's first cat was named Kimba.

Kimba...LOL

My first introduction to Kimba the White Lion was when I was a little girl and watching the morning kids' show, Uncle Russ, that ran in San Diego for many years. Is it bad that I still remember part of Kimba's rather simplistic (English) theme song?

Right now, in WoW, I have a huntard with a white lion.

Of course, I named him "Kimba".

I think only one person has gotten the joke thus far. I also have Judy.

And speaking of anime, for those who use iTunes, they are finally offering FLCL there as of the 11th of this month. The first episode is free, either as something to keep, or as a rental.

My sister got a white kitten for her 11th birthday and she named him Kimba. I have a cryptic hint to throw out there....Clarence the Crosseyed Lion....Movie....TV series. Name?

Your mention of "Judy" reminded me of a character on that TV series which happened to be a chimp. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My sister got a white kitten for her 11th birthday and she named him Kimba. I have a cryptic hint to throw out there....Clarence the Crosseyed Lion....Movie....TV series. Name?

Your mention of "Judy" reminded me of a character on that TV series which happened to be a chimp. :)
Yes, Judy is named for Judy the Chimp.

And poor Clarence the Cross-eyed Lion.

He died of complications caused by eating chicken necks, a common big cat food in those days in the performing circles.

Yeah, I used to watch Daktari (with Marshall Thompson) all the time.
PixelAtHerPost1a.jpg
My own little evil white kitten, Pixel. Yes, I think of Kimba when I look at her. That's her normal perch, next to my computer keyboard.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That really takes me back, I was knee high to a grasshopper when Daktari was on TV. That must be at least 35 years ago ?

With Clarence , the cross eyed lion ! That show was so cool . Wanted one of there Jeep's when I was a kid . I also liked Tarzan . That was cool too .

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Curvy gals FTW!!!!

Now I'm thinking of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Shazam, Isis and all those live action Saturday morning show.

I'm trying to remember when Saturday morning went to hell in a handbasket. First, they started editing the violence out of the Bugs Bunny Show and it devolved from there. I loved Scooby Doo before that little fuck Scrappy Doo showed up (and loved on Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law when his bird, Avenger, flew off with the little shit). I watched The Funky Phantom, Speed Buggy, George of the Jungle, Superchicken, Tom Slick, Rocky and Bullwinkle (which originally ran at night for adults)...

I'm feeling maudlin, I guess...

same here, hubby and I still joke about ways to kill scrappy dipshit! ;) Oh man this thread is definitely a walk down memory lane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDnlrfq5tQE

:)

great clip and NOT the one used to introduce batgril in the show. do you recognize our lovely batgirl mr. spock? ;)
She was played by Yvonne Craig:
batgirlYvonneCraig.png

back women were allowed to have figures!

who became the first Orion Slave girl- Marta:
P13_7_YvonneCraigMarta.jpg

Cute clip, but with proviso:

No, I hadn't seen it, however, that list of "professions" for women made me grind my teeth -- and swear a lot.

What a bunch of assholes!

(The doctor who delivered me in the early 60's was female, so women DOCTORS weren't unheard of...) This was in the LATE 60's when these boneheads really should have known better.

"Nurses, stenographers, librarians..."

Up THEIRS!

I too had a female doctor as a kid- she was an older german lady (daddy used to tease she was hitler's doctor cause she loved to cause him pain :P:P he was joking of course!) who worked well into her 80's.
yep the men were desperately trying to hold on to what they viewed as their supremacy! :rolleyes: yeah they were supreme all right- Supreme assholes!!!!! :P