Kevin Sorbo The Fall of Andromeda To His Racist Rant

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The space battles forum basically echoes what I said - the show was fine until midway through Season 2 where it became the Kevin Sorbo Ego Hour. After that it was unwatchable.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Indeed. An d middle of season two is when the show ran off the rails suddenly. I even named the episode where it happened - it was Ouraborous. Before then it was running nicely as an ensemble cast where Sorbo was not the dominant character, had interesting characters and a good background long running plot in the Magog invasion.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Suggestion - as the discussion has moved from his statement to shows like Andromeda and Earth Final Conflict maybe we should either rename the topic or move the "show" posts to a new one? That way a new visitor will latch more quickly onto what we are talking about.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did Sarbo believe the show was to scienciey and had to be dumb down so he could understand?

How do you dumb down something when you are dumb to begin with? Kevin Sorbo does not strike me as particularly bright, especially now.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
How do you dumb down something when you are dumb to begin with? Kevin Sorbo does not strike me as particularly bright, especially now.
Well, he was pretty dumb to torpedo his career so very well.

I'm hoping no one manages to successfully throw him a life vest...well, unless it has a great gaping hole in it. :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
He may not be too bright, but the show before he got control was decently intelligent. It had pretty good stories and characters and was fleshing out its universe nicely. Then Wolfe was pushed out and it all fell apart.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I can't believe that someone is suggesting that "Ouroborous" is the high water mark for Andromeda. Mind you that was the episode where the 'Rev' left the show due to his latex allergies.

Luckily Seamus Harper got rid of the Magog hatchlings in that one, as well as introducing M. C. Escher to the mentally defective amongst us.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually I said that Ouroborous is where it ran off the rails, not its high water mark.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
things seems to wash away for a lot of these "celebrities"

so many of them who have said.done stupid crap in the past-none of them are destitute now

if they don't work here, then they are working in other countries

and Sorbo--he has been quite busy since his stupidity on the net

granted much of it does seem to be "B" level stuff and some religious stuff as well.

but it all pays cash money

<< related--you watch. all these celebrities and other 'famous' men who have been convicted in the court of public opinion (not saying they are innocent) for sexual stupidities will also bounce back after a exile of a type. its all back scratching 'wink wink' sh%t with them and the rest of hollywood >>

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001757/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
things seems to wash away for a lot of these "celebrities"

so many of them who have said.done stupid crap in the past-none of them are destitute now

So, you need to see them become destitute to see that they have fallen? People who have had some sort of success rarely become destitute. This is true of ANYONE, not just actors. Sorbo and other stained actors and celebrities have not been redeemed. People like Paula Deen, Mel Gibson, Megan Fox, even Mark Wahlberg are still stained.

if they don't work here, then they are working in other countries

and Sorbo--he has been quite busy since his stupidity on the net

granted much of it does seem to be "B" level stuff and some religious stuff as well.

but it all pays cash money

No amount of money can wash away the stain and stink of the racist/misogynist/supremacist labels. Sorbo is still a card carrying member of The Fallen Stars.

<< related--you watch. all these celebrities and other 'famous' men who have been convicted in the court of public opinion (not saying they are innocent) for sexual stupidities will also bounce back after a exile of a type. its all back scratching 'wink wink' sh%t with them and the rest of hollywood >>

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001757/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1

I disagree. It just is not as easy as all that. The court of public opinion votes with it's dollars. If Sorbo is having to work out of the country that means is does not do too well here in the US. And Sorbo's racist label is stuck for life, as is Paula Deen's label.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
So, you need to see them become destitute to see that they have fallen? People who have had some sort of success rarely become destitute. This is true of ANYONE, not just actors. Sorbo and other stained actors and celebrities have not been redeemed. People like Paula Deen, Mel Gibson, Megan Fox, even Mark Wahlberg are still stained.

No amount of money can wash away the stain and stink of the racist/misogynist/supremacist labels. Sorbo is still a card carrying member of The Fallen Stars.

I disagree. It just is not as easy as all that. The court of public opinion votes with it's dollars. If Sorbo is having to work out of the country that means is does not do too well here in the US. And Sorbo's racist label is stuck for life, as is Paula Deen's label.

Totally agree. Some survive because their charisma and personalities can be redeeming but most of this bunch, except for Mark Wahlberg, have been relegated to the bin and are lucky to get parts a little higher than an extra. Gibson got lucky because he has well placed friends like Robert Downey Jr. (whom he helped make a comeback by giving him the 2nd lead in Air America) and Sylvester Stallone.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

no not destitute

just working a 8hr a day for min wage would be appropraite

PLEASE please stop trying to paint me intothe 'support a racist/sexual deviant' supporter corner

i am just posting what is easily attainable on the net

doesn't mean i agree with it

the guy is still making money-maybe even more then he did before

my main point-which i would have thought you 'got' in many of my postings by now- is

yes, when he did it, it became buzzworthy and trended on twitter,fb wherever

where is the anger towards him now? maybe some out there active, but it has mainly gone away

same with many other "celebrities" and sports figures etc

look at the football guy Vick. went to jail for dog fighting? after jail, not only did he play pro football again, but became a fan favorite and probably has made more money since his jail time then before. i just looked him up and he has just been hired by fox sports for some broadcast position--more big money

he should be at walmart collecting shopping carts from the parking lot
------------------------------------------------------
yes, all of these shit birds will forever have the mark of asshole on them BUT ONLY if someone keeps it alive and 'buzzworthy'

or, if they ever run for political office it will surely be resurrected :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
no not destitute

just working a 8hr a day for min wage would be appropraite

PLEASE please stop trying to paint me into the 'support a racist/sexual deviant' supporter corner

No, I wasn't trying to do that, bro! I'm just tilting my head at the notion that these transgressions "wash away" with time. When the defining moment of anyone's career is one of exposure of a serious basic character flaw resulting in things being taken away, you never can be redeemed from that.

i am just posting what is easily attainable on the net

doesn't mean i agree with it

the guy is still making money-maybe even more then he did before

my main point-which i would have thought you 'got' in many of my postings by now- is

yes, when he did it, it became buzzworthy and trended on twitter,fb wherever

where is the anger towards him now? maybe some out there active, but it has mainly gone away

The anger has morphed into disgust, and you will not see anyone continuing to pay attention to these fallen stars. They don't get much work. But why would anyone assume that being an outcast also means they don't get any work or still own homes and have wealth?

same with many other "celebrities" and sports figures etc

look at the football guy Vick. went to jail for dog fighting? after jail, not only did he play pro football again, but became a fan favorite and probably has made more money since his jail time then before. i just looked him up and he has just been hired by fox sports for some broadcast position--more big money

Fighting dogs is not the same as being a racist or sex offender or supporter of an extremist group. Vick fought dogs, which is illegal, but not unheard of or unique in any way whatsoever. No people were hurt, and his basic character is not called into question, even if he made horrible decisions. Being a racist is a basic character flaw. Being a repeat sex offender is also a basic character flaw. See the difference?

he should be at walmart collecting shopping carts from the parking lot
------------------------------------------------------
yes, all of these shit birds will forever have the mark of asshole on them BUT ONLY if someone keeps it alive and 'buzzworthy'

or, if they ever run for political office it will surely be resurrected :)

Why would he need to work at Walmart if he was a celebrity at some point? There are royalties, he still has his past accomplishments, and it isn't as if EVERYONE hates him. But there is no question that his career path was destroyed by his racism.