John Carter of mars TRAILER

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
please do :)

and yeah i felt the same about thransformers AND Avengers tbh...

Im downloading this right now. :) It will be done within the hour.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Wait!?! Avatar had a story???? On yes, it was also known as FernGully/Dances with Wolves/Pocahontas (all of which were better watches)...

I suspect they basically disemboweled John Carter in the process of making it a big screen festival - the books are a weird SciFi/Fantasy blend that Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote about 100 years ago. They aren't perfect but they did have good characters in them and pulpy adventure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait!?! Avatar had a story???? On yes, it was also known as FernGully/Dances with Wolves/Pocahontas (all of which were better watches)...

I suspect they basically disemboweled John Carter in the process of making it a big screen festival - the books are a weird SciFi/Fantasy blend that Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote about 100 years ago. They aren't perfect but they did have good characters in them and pulpy adventure.

Im gonna find that out here shortly. I suppose I will not know the depth of its failing without reading the novels. But still, this movie was supposed to be watchable without knowing the story of the novel, wasnt it?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
There was a whole lot of White Man's Burden to the novels John Carter comes in and save the day and all that.

The movie made Dejah Thoris (the title character of the first book "A Princess of Mars") fairly kickass, and I liked that. I was also pleased with Woola, as I "saw" him that way when I read the books (and I read them a lot - I have been known to use the Barsoomian's greeting "Kaor!". Really.)

In the books, Dejah Thoris was pretty much a shrinking violet.

I must say, though, that it was fun to see Ciaran Hinds, James Purefoy and the guy who played Posca (sp?) all from HBO's "Rome", chewing the scenery as Red Men of Helium. :icon_clap:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least they didn't cast Shia LeBoeuf as John Carter...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At least they didn't cast Shia LeBoeuf as John Carter...

OMG, I started this last night, but I see I need to make time to really watch this thing. At least I got a great copy of the movie. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There was a whole lot of White Man's Burden to the novels John Carter comes in and save the day and all that.

The movie made Dejah Thoris (the title character of the first book "A Princess of Mars") fairly kickass, and I liked that. I was also pleased with Woola, as I "saw" him that way when I read the books (and I read them a lot - I have been known to use the Barsoomian's greeting "Kaor!". Really.)

In the books, Dejah Thoris was pretty much a shrinking violet.

I must say, though, that it was fun to see Ciaran Hinds, James Purefoy and the guy who played Posca (sp?) all from HBO's "Rome", chewing the scenery as Red Men of Helium. :icon_clap:

Like Avatar?
:smiley_perfect-1: :facepalm2::smiley-white-flag:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok so no findings yet then.. and yup good qual rips out there.

I havent watched it yet. :) I was just flipping through random parts to make sure I got a good copy. I will watch tonight and give my review. :fat: