John Carter of mars TRAILER

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf55GTEZ_E

this was brought to my attention by a fellow Cg artist who worked on this movie and i think it looks promising.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf55GTEZ_E

this was brought to my attention by a fellow Cg artist who worked on this movie and i think it looks promising.

WOW!!!

That looks AWESOME! That is coming from Disney? Looks good!

OMNI

WOW!!!

That looks AWESOME! That is coming from Disney? Looks good!

indeed set for release in 2012.

you read any of the books? im picking up the audiobooks after a recomendation myself :)
anyway its nice to see some oldschool scifi being made in the present and hopefully it will provide 2 or so hours of good entertainment once it comes out :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
indeed set for release in 2012.

you read any of the books? im picking up the audiobooks after a recomendation myself :)
anyway its nice to see some oldschool scifi being made in the present and hopefully it will provide 2 or so hours of good entertainment once it comes out :)

I never knew about this at all. Are there also eBooks? Im also going to get the audio books. This looks interesting because its EPIC (love epic science fiction). Could be a great series of movies. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Do they make Ebooks of stuff that old and not so well known? I didn't know about any of E.R.B.'s other stuff besides Tarzan till now.

OMNI

the history of this film is really interesting, it's been in development for ages, close to 80 years. An animated adaptation of the first John Carter story - 'A Princess of Mars' - was in development as a Disney animated feature in the 1930's, prior even to Snow White. Had it been completed it would've been the first ever animated feature film.

this is a qoute from the guy who brought it to my attention

I've only read the first book myself, but it's also interesting to note just how much what we consider classic sci fi film has been influenced by the John Carter stories published in the 1930s.. Star Wars is more or less a complete ripoff of them, and a bunch of other films and writers have taken a lot of inspiration from them. These are the books which pre-date the cliche.

OMNI

I never knew about this at all. Are there also eBooks? Im also going to get the audio books. This looks interesting because its EPIC (love epic science fiction). Could be a great series of movies. :)

not sure about Ebooks but there must be an audio book out there as there is for almost anything i managed to find one but i have yet to get it all so i cant say if its worth listening to or not.

and yes EPIC scifi is what scifi should be stuff that makes you AAAAAAH and OOOOOh alot :P

Do they make Ebooks of stuff that old and not so well known? I didn't know about any of E.R.B.'s other stuff besides Tarzan till now.
not sure about ebooks i managed to find an audiobook tho and there must be more as this is old "Cult" stuff.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMNI

Aye it seems good from this clip but i guess we'll have to see how much "science" there is in it tho being Disney and all nevertheless im sure it will provide some entertainment :)

but atleast it ISNT another space SOAP..

S

Stonelesscutter

I WANT TO SEE THIS!

This movie looks like REAL science fiction to me...the trailers are great and NO TINKLING PIANO scenes! :joy:

Did you have the sound on when you watched the trailer? Coz there's definitely a piano tinkling.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I was actually waiting for the trailer to be posted for this movie before I posted it. Looks like I got beaten :icon_razz: This movie seems to be more on the fantasy side rather than on the science side. Those effects look phenomenal though. I'll wait for ratings and stuff.

OMNI

I was actually waiting for the trailer to be posted for this movie before I posted it. Looks like I got beaten :icon_razz: This movie seems to be more on the fantasy side rather than on the science side. Those effects look phenomenal though. I'll wait for ratings and stuff.

HIIIYAAA!! NINJA'D! :P

indeed fantasy esque but it peeked my intrest with the who "this one predates the cliche" deal.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you have the sound on when you watched the trailer? Coz there's definitely a piano tinkling.

There is piano PLAYING. Not the nonsensical tinkling that sounds like a kitten walking on the keys, coupled with smoochy scenes and bared skin. Think of me saying "tinkling piano" as a scene like the one I described. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Agreed, fantasy more than science fiction, but since I like fantasy too, I can deal with it. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
HIIIYAAA!! NINJA'D! :P

indeed fantasy esque but it peeked my intrest with the who "this one predates the cliche" deal.

Did you go and see this movie OMNI? It is interesting to read this thread when it had not been released, and now we know it didnt do all that well. :( Did you go see it?

OMNI

Did you go and see this movie OMNI? It is interesting to read this thread when it had not been released, and now we know it didnt do all that well. :( Did you go see it?
you mean go see it in theaters and pay for it? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell naaw man i downloaded the shiiiiiznit out of it :P

but yeah i saw it and well itclearly is a 250 million dollar movie by terms of editing VFX and epicness but it didnt really have "soul" if that makes sence ie its pretty to look at and you know it has budget and it is EPIC but you just dont give a f**k you know? if i had to put my finger on why it failed that'd be it really and i dont know whos fault that is writers directors or actors but its a serious flaw imo visually tho its unbeliveable fricking stunning and thats why i watched it and for that reason alone i think its worth the watch altho i am bias as a CG artist and CG fanboi i orgasm to these epic CG heavy movies.

anyway id recomend people to see it for the visual pleasure and if you have 2h to kill but dont go in expecting to give a damn about ANYTHING going on really...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
you mean go see it in theaters and pay for it? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell naaw man i downloaded the shiiiiiznit out of it :P

but yeah i saw it and well itclearly is a 250 million dollar movie by terms of editing VFX and epicness but it didnt really have "soul" if that makes sence ie its pretty to look at and you know it has budget and it is EPIC but you just dont give a f**k you know? if i had to put my finger on why it failed that'd be it really and i dont know whos fault that is writers directors or actors but its a serious flaw imo visually tho its unbeliveable fricking stunning and thats why i watched it and for that reason alone i think its worth the watch altho i am bias as a CG artist and CG fanboi i orgasm to these epic CG heavy movies.

anyway id recomend people to see it for the visual pleasure and if you have 2h to kill but dont go in expecting to give a damn about ANYTHING going on really...

Thanks for that. :) The main reason I wanted to see Avatar was because of the absolutely STUNNING visual effects and CGI. In that regard, it did not disappoint. But the story made it less than what it could have been. But the only heavy CGI movies that have made me feel actually "ripped off" were the Transformers movies. Pissed off enough to walk out and demand my money back. :pirate:. But on your recommendation, I am going to watch it the same way you did. :shep_lol: Ill try to comment on it after watching it. :)

OMNI

Thanks for that. :) The main reason I wanted to see Avatar was because of the absolutely STUNNING visual effects and CGI. In that regard, it did not disappoint. But the story made it less than what it could have been. But the only heavy CGI movies that have made me feel actually "ripped off" were the Transformers movies. Pissed off enough to walk out and demand my money back. :pirate:. But on your recommendation, I am going to watch it the same way you did. :shep_lol: Ill try to comment on it after watching it. :)
please do :)

and yeah i felt the same about thransformers AND Avengers tbh...