Is it just me, or does Ascension sound like another bout of Soap-Fi?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Well, OK, that was too interesting!

Oh, darn! I missed the Golden Globes and Allison Williams. What a life I lead. And Brian Williams is her dad. I was watching John Stewart last nite. Somehow I must of missed something special.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Be prepared for several excellent scenes with Tricia Helfer's behind. If this thread was in Flame Hell, I would post a picture from this story:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/while-you-watched-the-globes-allison-williams-got-her-1678892482

Agree . This should probly be in flame hell but it seems along the same lines as ass cension .
I liked the comment as it would have really would have improved Peter Pan . Peter Pan on tv was horrible enter (taint) ment . My hero Chris Walken let me down . I think he was pissed drunk stoned !!! She was beyond boring playing peter penkerhead OMG !!! Who chose her ??? :( :( :(

:) :) :)

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I know I've said this several times, maybe not here though. You should be aware they used a body double for Tricia's nude scenes. It was very evident in the way they edited it.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Agree . This should probly be in flame hell but it seems along the same lines as ass cension .
I liked the comment as it would have really would have improved Peter Pan . Peter Pan on tv was horrible enter (taint) ment . My hero Chris Walken let me down . I think he was pissed drunk stoned !!! She was beyond boring playing peter penkerhead OMG !!! Who chose her ??? :( :( :(

:) :) :)

As much as I want to miss everything about Ass-cension, for those Canadian viewers we get to see a four-parter on CBC coming up on the 9th of February.

Now it is a 6-parter ... ... ( Unedited on the new CBC. I wonder? )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As much as I want to miss everything about Ass-cension, for those Canadian viewers we get to see a four-parter on CBC coming up on the 9th of February.

Now it is a 6-parter ... ... ( Unedited on the new CBC. I wonder? )

:smiley-laughing024::rotflmao::lol: This was a ridiculous show. And I bet they think that shocker ending was going to make watchers salivate and demand a series. I think they were sorta wrong...:)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:smiley-laughing024::rotflmao::lol: This was a ridiculous show. And I bet they think that shocker ending was going to make watchers salivate and demand a series. I think they were sorta wrong...:)

Hopefully they won't be so stupid as to turn this turd into a TV show. It's so discouraging whenever SyFy does that.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The only worthwhile thing SyFy has had on recently was Z Nation.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
The only worthwhile thing SyFy has had on recently was Z Nation.
That didn't interest me, but 12 Monkeys was a lot better than I expected. The second episode is already available On Demand.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good enough.

In a way Z Nation is the perfect tonic for people who get sick of the torpid pace and wildly excessive EMO melodrama and constant examination of every character's complete mental makeup that plagues The Walking Dead. Z Nation is faster paced, develops characters without going overboard and tinges the proceedings with a twisted sense of humor.

I'll make a point to catch 12 monkeys as a rebroadcast I guess. I thought the movie was okay but not super special - once the trick ending was apparent I saw no reason to rewatch the film.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Good enough.

In a way Z Nation is the perfect tonic for people who get sick of the torpid pace and wildly excessive EMO melodrama and constant examination of every character's complete mental makeup that plagues The Walking Dead. Z Nation is faster paced, develops characters without going overboard and tinges the proceedings with a twisted sense of humor.

I'll make a point to catch 12 monkeys as a rebroadcast I guess. I thought the movie was okay but not super special - once the trick ending was apparent I saw no reason to rewatch the film.

Friday, I watched 12 Monkeys and Helix. The shows were moderately interesting, but neither are the space shows that Syfy needs to be doing in order to recapture their former audience.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Friday, I watched 12 Monkeys and Helix. The shows were moderately interesting, but neither are the space shows that Syfy needs to be doing in order to recapture their former audience.

I didnt know Helix was back! I wasnt exactly salivating for it's return, but I will watch the season première.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
In a way Z Nation is the perfect tonic for people who...
I don't watch The Walking Dead either. Not much of a horror fan, and once you've seen one zombie how interesting can another one be?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't watch The Walking Dead either. Not much of a horror fan, and once you've seen one zombie how interesting can another one be?

In its defense, The Walking Dead isn't about zombies. They're just window dressing for the fabulous interpersonal melodrama that takes place each week amongst the living characters. It's also a vehicle for the lead character, Rick Grimes, to demonstrate product placement ads for Tampax tampons. Not a single episode goes by without good ol' Rick squatting in a corner at some point (usually during a crying jag) whereupon he inserts a fresh Tampax tampon into his "kitty". Quite frankly I find this commercialization of the zombie apocalypse to be cynical and gratuitous. :stung:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
In all fairness last season Rick Grimes changed from a weepy pseudoman into a murderous psychopath. No reason given for the change - it just happened. Now he just kills people pretty much on sight.

Last edited: