Iron Sky

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Got a few guffaws from me, but certainly, it's not for everyone.

I cant bring myself to want to see it. The whole Nazi theme with Zeps turns me off. Even for humor.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I cant bring myself to want to see it. The whole Nazi theme with Zeps turns me off. Even for humor.

Start here, bro:

http://www.starwreck.com/

They made this movie from an apartment using commodity hardware and a small green screen. Once you see it you'll be curious to see Iron Sky. Look past the Nazi thing, if it turns you off. You need to see what they accomplished as a movie with little to no resources. These guys are genius!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Start here, bro:

http://www.starwreck.com/

They made this movie from an apartment using commodity hardware and a small green screen. Once you see it you'll be curious to see Iron Sky. Look past the Nazi thing, if it turns you off. You need to see what they accomplished as a movie with little to no resources. These guys are genius!

OMG! I just saw this movie for the first time...

FUNNIEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS!

This movie is a must see, even with the NAZI theme. They are portrayed as buffoons, yet as innocents...great parody, great humor. AWESOME!

:smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

This movie is a must see, even with the NAZI theme. They are portrayed as buffoons, yet as innocents...great parody, great humor. AWESOME!

You mean it is like "Top Secret" or "Hogan's Hero's"?

Bluce Ree

See what happens when you open you mind and get past the cover? The concept turned you off and you told yourself you wouldn't like it. It took you 6 months but you finally did watch it ended up liking it. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
See what happens when you open you mind and get past the cover? The concept turned you off and you told yourself you wouldn't like it. It took you 6 months but you finally did watch it ended up liking it. :D

:netflix:

I have been using the hell out of my Netflix since I got my 55" HD TV. Most of my downloaded stuff is not in HD and I have been replacing movies in my collection which are not HD with new downloads. I have also been watching movies I have never seen before and that is why I watched it. Glad I did!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I use my Netflix a little but have to admit that I am using Amazon Prime more. It has had more stuff I found interesting so far.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I use my Netflix a little but have to admit that I am using Amazon Prime more. It has had more stuff I found interesting so far.
I like Prime, but the stuff I really want to watch is not free. Im liking it more for the shipping perks than the selection of videos. However I have noticed that the quality of the connection beats Netflix by a noticeable margin. Also, my LG smart apps dont yet include Prime so I watch it from the connected TV computer and it works great. :). They have quite a few HD selections. Still not liking the way Amazon does not allow you to filter out free from paid.

Bluce Ree

I like Prime, but the stuff I really want to watch is not free. Im liking it more for the shipping perks than the selection of videos. However I have noticed that the quality of the connection beats Netflix by a noticeable margin. Also, my LG smart apps dont yet include Prime so I watch it from the connected TV computer and it works great. :). They have quite a few HD selections. Still not liking the way Amazon does not allow you to filter out free from paid.

Ditto but that second one really pisses me off.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ditto but that second one really pisses me off.

Amazon's streaming model could work in the long run, but only if they start allowing customers to filter what they want to browse. Let them filter out free from paid. Put the paid stuff in a "premium" section and separate out the free stuff. I think that Netflix may have to move to something similar in the future, maybe not. It pisses me off to see that "One-Click Pay" button. No, Im NOT willing to pay $2.00 to watch some weak movies they are charging for.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Amazon's streaming model could work in the long run, but only if they start allowing customers to filter what they want to browse. Let them filter out free from paid. Put the paid stuff in a "premium" section and separate out the free stuff. I think that Netflix may have to move to something similar in the future, maybe not. It pisses me off to see that "One-Click Pay" button. No, Im NOT willing to pay $2.00 to watch some weak movies they are charging for.

I don't like the way AP lures in to a free series only to charge you for the last season--irritating-smart but irritating

Bluce Ree

i tried hulu, didn't like their catalog, kind of limited

The free one has only the last few episodes. Hulu+ has all episodes of every show. The problem is Hulu has some shows Hulu+ doesn't and vice-versa but nearly all currently running TV shows are available there.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The problem is, and I know I have said it before is that until Amazon, Netflix et al start producing much more content, the big movie studio's will still have them by the balls.