Iron Sky

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I

A movie from the folks who gave you "star wreck"

personally i think the visuals are stunning and the concept of "space Nazi's" really speaks to me.. so anyone besides me going to check it out?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm definitely gonna watch it. Looks like a fun movie. :D

OMNI

I'm definitely gonna watch it. Looks like a fun movie. :D
sweet!
besides we gotta support the finns here as id love it if there was more nordic CG heavy movies made in the future rather then more of the overly dramatic crime dramas.... :puke:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I

A movie from the folks who gave you "star wreck"

personally i think the visuals are stunning and the concept of "space Nazi's" really speaks to me.. so anyone besides me going to check it out?

Bro, I bought that ticket a long time ago. I'm already waiting in line.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

I can't frakking wait to see this movie. It's probably my most anticipated movie of 2012 (along with Prometheus). It's just looks bloody amazing. Unfortunately it doesn't have distributor here in Sweden so it may never be released on the big screen over here, which would suck. I still got my fingers crossed though.

Poster:
ironskyposter.jpg

Bluce Ree

Trailer:

I can't frakking wait to see this movie. It's probably my most anticipated movie of 2012 (along with Prometheus). It's just looks bloody amazing. Unfortunately it doesn't have distributor here in Sweden so it may never be released on the big screen over here, which would suck. I still got my fingers crossed though.

Poster:
View attachment 6936

They did an amazing job putting this film together. To think these are the same guys who made Star Wreck in an apartment with a small green screen and some PCs.

Was that supposed to be Sarah Palin in the oval office? :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Parts of it look good. Unfortunately it also seems overly campy, has the laughably bad Udo Kier in it and the depiction shown of US leaders is a total turnoff. Sorry, but the whole notion of always showing things American (like our soldiers, leaders and such) in a negative light has worn thin for me.

Bluce Ree

Parts of it look good. Unfortunately it also seems overly campy, has the laughably bad Udo Kier in it and the depiction shown of US leaders is a total turnoff. Sorry, but the whole notion of always showing things American (like our soldiers, leaders and such) in a negative light has worn thin for me.

Have a sense of humor, dude, it's just satire. We do it to everyone else often enough. How many times has Hollywood knocked down the Eiffel Tower? :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yah. I know it's satire supposedly but I do wish they had opted out of the satire and just told a straight scifi story. It's just me - gotten sick of the anti-americanism.

As to the Eiffel Tower, how about this version of knocking it down?

Bluce Ree

Yah. I know it's satire supposedly but I do wish they had opted out of the satire and just told a straight scifi story. It's just me - gotten sick of the anti-americanism.

As to the Eiffel Tower, how about this version of knocking it down?

[media=youtube]bBlnN7qVn_M[/media]

Still kills me.:rotflmao:

GI Joe also knocked it down. France seems to have a special place in our hearts. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d6vgGVqok4

OMNI

SERIOUSLY? how whiny can you get you little prick since obviously the fact that the genre of the movie is HUMOR escapes you entirely and you instead try to warp it into about being anti american propaganda? JESUS F'n CHRIST!

please do us ALL a favor and take your Flanders BS somewhere else.

OMNI

Trailer:

Poster:
View attachment 6936
indeed its def going to be worth watching.

They did an amazing job putting this film together. To think these are the same guys who made Star Wreck in an apartment with a small green screen and some PCs.

Was that supposed to be Sarah Palin in the oval office? :icon_lol:
indeed they sure did and yep same guys but bigger budget and this time they were able to get Kelly lee myers (kat) (VFX for BSG etc) onboard to take the visuals into 2011/2012

this is def a film i wanted to see for a while and as ive seen some stuff already i know that it will be positvly epic visually remains to be seen if i like the humor tho but i think i will.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
SERIOUSLY? how whiny can you get you little prick since obviously the fact that the genre of the movie is HUMOR escapes you entirely and you instead try to warp it into about being anti american propaganda? JESUS F'n CHRIST!

please do us ALL a favor and take your Flanders BS somewhere else.

Gee, where in that post did I say "anti-american propaganda"? Um....nowhere. I simply said that the current "hip" trend of always showing things American in a negative light (and being the butt of a joke is in a negative light) has worn thin for me. And also what I said is not "Flanders BS". I caught that it was supposed to be camp humor but opined (note the word opined) that TO ME it seems overly campy.

As to whiny, who is the one here that jumps into a thread and calls another forum member an obscene name? If you want to disagree with me fine, that's cool. But that should be possible without insults and obscenities. Let's have civil discussions okay?

OMNI

Gee, where in that post did I say "anti-american propaganda"? Um....nowhere. I simply said that the current "hip" trend of always showing things American in a negative light (and being the butt of a joke is in a negative light) has worn thin for me. And also what I said is not "Flanders BS". I caught that it was supposed to be camp humor but opined (note the word opined) that TO ME it seems overly campy.

As to whiny, who is the one here that jumps into a thread and calls another forum member an obscene name? If you want to disagree with me fine, that's cool. But that should be possible without insults and obscenities. Let's have civil discussions okay?
BWAHAHAHA "obscene" how about you re read what i wrote FLANDERS.
and no i have no intent on EVER having any sort of civil discussion with a whiny little !"#¤%&/() such as yourself.

OMNI

@ EVILSPACEALIEN

you heard that it will go up on the big screen here in sweden too?

OMNI

no iron sky sucked humor wise barly gave me a giggle.

visually stunning but mediocre overall.