Iron Man 3

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
New trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/list/TB56Gm1AqRw/?ref_=hm_3p_vi2#lb-1

The quality on that link is better than the youtube one I think, but if you wanna see the youtube one:

The last 30 seconds were so awesome, especially the jump and suiting up part. Mandarin's a little overdone, as in trying too hard.
Why is it so damned easy to get Tony Stark's tech and use it against him? Its all over the place now. :facepalm: Everybody has a suit, a whole damned army of suits...unmanned ones at that (in the last movie). We had some tatted up dude "messing around" with the tech and he replicated everything Stark had. Thats like a football team where every player has Superman's powers. It somehow "cheapens" Iron Man IMHO.

BUT, I am definitely going to see this movie because I loved the first two. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Why is it so damned easy to get Tony Stark's tech and use it against him? Its all over the place now. :facepalm: Everybody has a suit, a whole damned army of suits...unmanned ones at that (in the last movie). We had some tatted up dude "messing around" with the tech and he replicated everything Stark had. Thats like a football team where every player has Superman's powers. It somehow "cheapens" Iron Man IMHO.

who gives a shit about any of that or has a hard time beliving it ESPECIALLY someone whom was raving about avengers in some thread not to long ago :rolleyes:

avengers imo completly destroyed the feel of the original iron man movie for me but dragging all this comic book bullshit into it like magic demi gods etc etc THAT imo is something to bitch and get caught up on not what was mentioned in the qouted post.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
who gives a shit about any of that or has a hard time beliving it ESPECIALLY someone whom was raving about avengers in some thread not to long ago :rolleyes:

avengers imo completly destroyed the feel of the original iron man movie for me but dragging all this comic book bullshit into it like magic demi gods etc etc THAT imo is something to bitch and get caught up on not what was mentioned in the qouted post.

I am still raving about the Avengers. :) Great entertaining movie, regardless of the comicbook storyline. It was a hell of a lot better than watching Prometheus or even Avatar for me. No regrets there. But in Iron Man, you have this "superhero" who is made so by his genius and his technology and especially that awesome suit of his. So, why give that tech to a guy who can make electric whips, or leak it to another dude who uses the tech to make armies? Its the Marvel Comics version of Mecha Godlilla vs Godzilla. And YES, I also agree that mixing demi-gods with earth superheroes is a stretch even for this genre.

Still, after awful movies like Transformers or even the last Spiderman, the Avengers brought a smile to my face. I would like it better if Stark was the only man with the tech, the suit, etc. I get it that you hated Avengers. I didnt. :D

OMNI

honestly tansformers place higher on my list then iron man 2 avengers and iron man 3 keep magic and other crap OUT of my science.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You guys crack me up.

Its a comic book world FFS, NOT a science fiction world!! Of course there is gonna be magic and demigods and such. They have been part of the Marvel universe since before nearly any of us were born, so to bitch about it now is giggleworthy :lol:

OMNI

You guys crack me up.

Its a comic book world FFS, NOT a science fiction world!! Of course there is gonna be magic and demigods and such. They have been part of the Marvel universe since before nearly any of us were born, so to bitch about it now is giggleworthy :lol:
not basing my oppinion on the comic book im basing it on the first iron man movie which didnt touch on the magic crossover crap i would have like iron man story moving forward to have stayed somewhat grounded in science rather then do what avengers and iron man 2 did to it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
not basing my oppinion on the comic book im basing it on the first iron man movie which didnt touch on the magic crossover crap i would have like iron man story moving forward to have stayed somewhat grounded in science rather then do what avengers and iron man 2 did to it.

You can't seperate the two dude, thats the universe Iron man comes from.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
honestly tansformers place higher on my list then iron man 2 avengers and iron man 3 keep magic and other crap OUT of my science.

I agree with that, I think that all of the Thor and Loki stuff and the Tessaract should have stayed separate from the Avengers, and that it should have only had Iron Man and the earth heroes, adding perhaps Spiderman and Batman..I dunno. But still, the addition of Thor and Loki did not ruin it for me completely. The Asgard are using science which appears like magic, from their own definition. The Transformers is just crap from any angle I look at it from. Automobiles and trucks and planes which turn into talking robots? The premise comes directly out of the advertising world (literally), not comics, and it shows.

You guys crack me up.

I did not have issue with the comic book world, I have issue with so many others having Stark's technology. One Iron Man is good, an army of them is boring. One Spiderman or Batman is cool, but several of them is not cool IMHO.
--- merged: Mar 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM ---
You can't seperate the two dude, thats the universe Iron man comes from.

Did they allow Stark's tech to be used by other enemies in the comic books?

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

Well, that's what separates him though. He can and is something more than the suit. I don't think everyone has his tech completely but that's what the new movie is supposed to be about. He 1-up's the suits by going beyond it. I think you'll probably really like the movie for the reason you're stating.

I actually like when Supes fights people on par with him in terms of powers. Because it comes down to what he is, the kind of person he is, he's more than his powers.

Also, movie Marvel universe is trying to ground everything by making the magical elements in the comic-verse become sci-fi. Even Thor's world is supposed to be super-tech advanced whatever. Comic-verse has all the magical stuff in it, the movie-verse doesn't. Mandarin's supposed to be magic I think, but he isn't in the movie.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I agree with that, I think that all of the Thor and Loki stuff and the Tessaract should have stayed separate from the Avengers, and that it should have only had Iron Man and the earth heroes, adding perhaps Spiderman and Batman..I dunno.
dc-comics-stan-lee-marvel-better-than-dc-finger-birdie-demotivational-poster-1273938888.jpg

But still, the addition of Thor and Loki did not ruin it for me completely. The Asgard are using science which appears like magic, from their own definition.
The Tesseract *is* magic as far as we are concerned, remember the whole "sufficently advanced tech looking like magic" speil?
The Transformers is just crap from any angle I look at it from. Automobiles and trucks and planes which turn into talking robots? The premise comes directly out of the advertising world (literally), not comics, and it shows.

I did not have issue with the comic book world, I have issue with so many others having Stark's technology. One Iron Man is good, an army of them is boring. One Spiderman or Batman is cool, but several of them is not cool IMHO.
Yes, having an army of them is boring, but as Mzzz said, is it the man or the suit that makes the hero?

Did they allow Stark's tech to be used by other enemies in the comic books?
Of course! :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
i beg to differ and the first iron man movie supports my argument.
What argument?
Iron man is a comic book character, the end.
Was IM1 more "sciencey" Yes, but he is still a comic book character and his "peers" have all kinds of powers be they tech based or magic based.

OMNI

What argument?
Iron man is a comic book character, the end.
Was IM1 more "sciencey" Yes, but he is still a comic book character and his "peers" have all kinds of powers be they tech based or magic based.
that iron man without the magic added in avengers makes for the better and more beliveable story.
and sure he is but you never heard the term "reboot" before? or are you just being dense and unshakeable due to age bias towards the comic book? (yes i called ya old biaatch! :P)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
that iron man without the magic added in avengers makes for the better and more beliveable story.
What, you mean a dude dying in a cave can come up with a massively powerful internal energy source??
:GFbitchplease:
and sure he is but you never heard the term "reboot" before?
Reboot all ya want, IM will still be a marvel Character, like Batman will always be a DC character.
or are you just being dense and unshakeable due to age bias towards the comic book? (yes i called ya old biaatch! :P)

OMNI

What, you mean a dude dying in a cave can come up with a massively powerful internal energy source??
:GFbitchplease:

Reboot all ya want, IM will still be a marvel Character, like Batman will always be a DC character.

yeah i can buy that as IF a small enough high energy portable energy source would be invented today it would revolutionize the world of tech and make shit like the Iron man suit viable as we could already manage the mechanics the problem has been and still is a portable high energy power source.

and LOL! everybody F'CKING RUUUUUUN!!!! grampa's got a gun!!!!!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yeah i can buy that
So if they use Psudo-science its ok, but if they use magic it's bad??
as IF a small enough high energy portable energy source would be invented today it would revolutionize the world of tech and make shit like the Iron man suit viable as we could already manage the mechanics the problem has been and still is a portable high energy power source.
It would, but it won't be invented by a dude dying in a cave.
and LOL! everybody F'CKING RUUUUUUN!!!! grampa's got a gun!!!!!

Keep running Mutha!!