If TPTB pull a rabbit out of the hat and make an Atlantis movie, would you watch SGU Season 2.5?

If TPTB make an Atlantis movie, would you consider watching SGU in season 2.5 to get more?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There are very serious rumblings being posted on these boards tonight! The production schedule at Bridge is suddenly showing this entry (from our own member SerenityS :))

http://teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf (requires Adobe Reader)

Capture.png

This is significant, because the Teamsters are in no way connected to the power structures of MGM or Stargate. There are 8 months of production there. What could it be? Its is most certainly NOT Stargate Universe, because the production company for SGU is Stargate Productions I. Pegasus Productions V is the production company formed for Stargate Atlantis! Could TPTB have gotten a movie greenlighted? Perhaps a mini-series? Who knows right now. The question is this:

IF there is an Atlantis movie in the works, and if it actually goes into production, would that be enough to make anyone here partially forgive TPTB? Would anyone here watch SGU season 2.5 in support of the "franchise" (even if you hate SGU), if it could mean that Stargate could continue and perhaps deliver a second or third Atlantis movie or an SG-1 movie?

I think I might consider it if such a scenario arose...but maybe not. I hate Stargate Universe because of its premise and its characters and lack of science. It had nothing to do with the cancellation of Atlantis or SG-1 for me. It sucks all on its own. Anyway, I voted "Maybe"

SerenityS

GateFans Member
There are very serious rumblings being posted on these boards tonight! The production schedule at Bridge is suddenly showing this entry (from our own member Serenity :))

http://teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf (requires Adobe Reader)

View attachment 3161

This is significant, because the Teamsters are in no way connected to the power structures of MGM or Stargate. There are 8 months of production there. What could it be? Its is most certainly NOT Stargate Universe, because the production company for SGU is Stargate Productions I. Pegasus Productions V is the production company formed for Stargate Atlantis! Could TPTB have gotten a movie greenlighted? Perhaps a mini-series? Who knows right now. The question is this:

IF there is an Atlantis movie in the works, and if it actually goes into production, would that be enough to make anyone here partially forgive TPTB? Would anyone here watch SGU season 2.5 in support of the "franchise" (even if you hate SGU), if it could mean that Stargate could continue and perhaps deliver a second or third Atlantis movie or an SG-1 movie?

I think I might consider it if such a scenario arose...but maybe not. I hate Stargate Universe because of its premise and its characters and lack of science. It had nothing to do with the cancellation of Atlantis or SG-1 for me. It sucks all on its own. Anyway, I voted "Maybe"

I am heartily skeptical (I am trying to hold down my optimism in case it's all a mistake) but will also put myself down as a maybe. Will wait to see how they handle the announcement, if it actually happens. :)

That's pointless...

The bottom line is, I'm not going to watch something that doesn't interest me and especially something that I've already watched and don't like.

There are hundreds of channels on satellite, I've got a Netflix subscription and the internet is the gateway to whatever your heart desires. Why continue to beat a clearly dead horse?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
No fracking way

Nope . I will not be watching though I will read the reviews on this forum later and have a few laughs instead of watching it and getting depressed or getting more lines on my face from squinting to see through the darkness !

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Another hint is Joseph M blog is usually up by now and nothing is appearing...which could suggest something...I am hoping for a mini-series of SGA :D.

Back to the question I am only going to watch maybe 2 episodes(Probably twin destiny and the atlantis cross over) and that's it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Um...

They're not about to let SGU just disappear, not by a long shot. BW has a mental problem about it. If he can ostensibly get some studio time/budget to shoot something Stargate related there's nothing stopping him from claiming to be working on the much anticipated SGA movie/mini-series but then have it tie in to SGU -- in a big way! If something is being filmed I fully expect the old bait and switch from BW and crew. He is just too arrogant and stubborn and myopic to let SGU go at this point. And if anyone thinks they're going to get a purely SGA movie, at this point, when BW is still smarting from the failure of his baby, then you're dead wrong. The man is determined to justify SGU with an ending of some sort. His ego simply won't allow him to just let it go. People, do the math.

Sami_

GateFans Noob
I'll watch it anyway, its interesting to see just how bad it can get.

I can also download it with a clear conscious now knowing that even if my torrent download is contributing to giving people a mistaken impression that SGU is popular that I can rest assured there will be no season 3.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How is he going to find a way do do it?

They're not about to let SGU just disappear, not by a long shot. BW has a mental problem about it. If he can ostensibly get some studio time/budget to shoot something Stargate related there's nothing stopping him from claiming to be working on the much anticipated SGA movie/mini-series but then have it tie in to SGU -- in a big way! If something is being filmed I fully expect the old bait and switch from BW and crew. He is just too arrogant and stubborn and myopic to let SGU go at this point. And if anyone thinks they're going to get a purely SGA movie, at this point, when BW is still smarting from the failure of his baby, then you're dead wrong. The man is determined to justify SGU with an ending of some sort. His ego simply won't allow him to just let it go. People, do the math.

*shivers* I hadnt thought of that! I was told in no uncertain terms that MGM wouldnt be spending any money on Stargate Universe by an actual MGM employee in the headquarters accounting offices IN PERSON. So no SGU movie or miniseries can be happening. But you are right! What a chilling thought...an SGU movie disguised as an Atlantis movie? It could actually happen! :puke:

Scenario:

(opening scene is the same one that opened Atlantis with the Ancients standing on the balcony of a tower in Atlantis discussing evacuating earth for Pegasus)

But then there is new dialogue added (the woman on that terrace is the same actress who plays Young's wife in SGU so she is still around). She says: "There is a large contingent of our people who have escaped to Destiny who do not want to go to Pegasus with us". Cut to Destiny, now well lit and peopled with Ancients.

*****insert 1 hour of vapid soapy character interaction*****

The "excitement" comes from Destiny being suddenly attacked by a fleet of ships manned by the blue fish people who attack Destiny and damage it severely like the way we see it in the beginning of SGU. The Ancients are taken prisoner by the blue fish people who then become frustrated with Destiny because they do not understand how it works. They spend eons following it and studying it, and thats why the life support has remained on for so many eons.

*****insert 15 minutes of music montage featuring no-name garage band*****

Fast forward to the scene where Destiny is slowly drifting towards us, damaged and empty like we see it in Stargate Universe.

*****cut to Rush in a pensive stare sitting in the chair on the Bridge. We realize that the ship has "told its story" to him in a vision*****

Rush tells the rest of the crew of Destiny that the original crew of Destiny came from Atlantis when the Ancients left earth for Pegasus, and that it was their duty to continue the mission started out by those brave Atlantis evacuees. Scott purses his lips and nods, Greer pulls the bolt back on some weapon and aims it at random crew members, Lt James suddenly removes her top for no apparent reason, and Chloe starts moaning. THE END.

OMG...a ******* nightmare!!!!:facepalm:

:P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
HELL NO!

They'd only be doing what they promised in the first place, which is still screwing SGA fans, so why should I reward that???
But, if they managed to pull a season 6 & 7 of SGA, then I might "return the favor". Maybe...

Tropicana

Council Member
I still wouldn't watch SGU 2.5 if a SGA movie gets greenlighted. :)

You know how on that PDF from teamsters says "ATLANTIS STARGATE V" -- isn't that simply reference to SGA Season 5? Unless they have decided that the next production at some point between Feb 19, 11 - Oct 10, 11 is linked to SGA S5.

Obviously, I hope that it is a SGA movie with no SGU in it.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
No. sorry to say tptb have burnt there bridges with me on sgu and possibly sga too. If they make an sga movie and they include sgu im not inetrested or even a combined sga/sg1 movie im still not interested.

TBH im kind of worried that any movie done with these people in charge will be horribble :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree...no infestation of SGU in any future Stargate.

I still wouldn't watch SGU 2.5 if a SGA movie gets greenlighted. :)

You know how on that PDF from teamsters says "ATLANTIS STARGATE V" -- isn't that simply reference to SGA Season 5? Unless they have decided that the next production at some point between Feb 19, 11 - Oct 10, 11 is linked to SGA S5.

Obviously, I hope that it is a SGA movie with no SGU in it.

What I noticed more is the production company. Pegasus Productions V is the production company formed to do Stargate Atlantis. The name of the production company for Stargate Universe was Stargate Universe Productions I: http://www.manta.com/ic/mt61hj5/ca/stargate-universe-productions-i-inc . Its so ******* confusing! For all we know, the board could be organizing a crew to dismantle the SGU sets! Still too many pieces of the puzzle missing. :(

No. sorry to say tptb have burnt there bridges with me on sgu and possibly sga too. If they make an sga movie and they include sgu im not inetrested or even a combined sga/sg1 movie im still not interested.

TBH im kind of worried that any movie done with these people in charge will be horribble :(

ITA. If SGU is included in anything Stargate (SG-1 or SGA) then I wont like it. Stargate Universe is not canon. It is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the universe that SG-1 and SGA are a part of. I wont read any fanfiction that includes SGU in it alongside Atlantis and SG-1, and I wont watch any movie that tries to tie them together. BUT, if they make an Atlantis movie and also make more drastic changes to SGU to make it less a soap opera, I might try it again as its own show alone from Stargate. I dont see how it will change anything, since I have seen EVERY episode of Stargate Universe and it still smells like shit to me.

F

Frumenta

Why should I watch the crapfest when all I want is SGA? I'm only watching the McKay episode and that's final.

Will

GateFans Noob
I can totally see these guys writing a messed up SGA movie out of spite.

It would not be the first time that estranged writers have used their final writing opportunity to trash any chances of the franchise continuing after them. With the Dragonlance fantasy series the publishers and the writers had a big falling out - from what I gather this was mainly to do with the publishers releasing products the writers had had nothing to do with, but which messed with their characters in ways that didn't fit with canon at all, and hence pissed off the fans. Now the writers were still contracted to write 1 more novel, so in that novel, they killed off all the best liked characters, destroyed most of the world, and left it in a state such that the gods departed and magic didn't exist anymore (which in a fantasy world is a big deal).

But anyway, to answer OM1's question about whether I'd watch S2.5 of SGU if they made a decent SGA movie....well...I think the answer for me is definitely no. I can't stand SGU and suffering through 10 hours of crap in return for 1.5 hours of good TV doesn't seem like a good deal.

Remember how they tried to claim that fans boycotted SGU to "punish" them for cancelling SGA (which we all know is bullshit)? In the same way I don't really like the idea of watching SGU just to "reward" TPTW for making a good SGA movie. For me it's still very simple - if I enjoy a show I'll watch it (and maybe buy the DVDs), if I don't I won't.

Rather, I would watch the SGA movie, and if it is good then I will reward them by buying the DVD of the SGA movie to show my support for SGA, while continuing to totally disregard SGU, thus voting with my wallet. I would rather that MGM see an SGA movie getting sky high ratings and massive DVD sales, while the SGU S2.5 gets sub mil ratings and pathetic DVD sales.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Exactly!

I can totally see these guys writing a messed up SGA movie out of spite.

It would not be the first time that estranged writers have used their final writing opportunity to trash any chances of the franchise continuing after them. With the Dragonlance fantasy series the publishers and the writers had a big falling out - from what I gather this was mainly to do with the publishers releasing products the writers had had nothing to do with, but which messed with their characters in ways that didn't fit with canon at all, and hence pissed off the fans. Now the writers were still contracted to write 1 more novel, so in that novel, they killed off all the best liked characters, destroyed most of the world, and left it in a state such that the gods departed and magic didn't exist anymore (which in a fantasy world is a big deal).

But anyway, to answer OM1's question about whether I'd watch S2.5 of SGU if they made a decent SGA movie....well...I think the answer for me is definitely no. I can't stand SGU and suffering through 10 hours of crap in return for 1.5 hours of good TV doesn't seem like a good deal.

Remember how they tried to claim that fans boycotted SGU to "punish" them for cancelling SGA (which we all know is bullshit)? In the same way I don't really like the idea of watching SGU just to "reward" TPTW for making a good SGA movie. For me it's still very simple - if I enjoy a show I'll watch it (and maybe buy the DVDs), if I don't I won't.

Rather, I would watch the SGA movie, and if it is good then I will reward them by buying the DVD of the SGA movie to show my support for SGA, while continuing to totally disregard SGU, thus voting with my wallet. I would rather that MGM see an SGA movie getting sky high ratings and massive DVD sales, while the SGU S2.5 gets sub mil ratings and pathetic DVD sales.
That's the only message I want to send TPTB, or MGM or any other studio interested in forwarding the franchise.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I want to see an decent end to both SGA and SGU. Hopefully as much content as possible.

At some point in the next couple of years they can then move forward with another TV show that can continue the franchise.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ah Yoshi, here to avoid answering posts again I see

I want to see an decent end to both SGA and SGU. Hopefully as much content as possible.

At some point in the next couple of years they can then move forward with another TV show that can continue the franchise.

Why do you want SGU -- a failed series -- to get a "decent" ending when it clearly isn't worthy of one?

And as for content, you do realize that in order to wrap up all the bullshit story lines and loose ends in SGU they would have to write an ending that would be laughably rushed and forced. I'd love to know how, in the space of a 90 minute movie they could suddenly have all the neurotic, sociopathic ******** on Destiny change stripes and become one big loving family. It would be a crapfest. :icon_lol: