I have filmed Sherry Jackson's interview and she has answered your questions!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know she is getting up in years Overmind One. She's my fathers generation alas. But to me she always made other beauties look like plain Jane's.

Yea that's cool. I do wonder when I see her if she would make such an impression on me in person as she did on screen. Different generation different continent though so I guess that will always be a mystery.

I'm not really a cat person myself though so there's that.

When I was looking for a place to transition from one apartment to another, I did not have any idea who I would end up with. I went to her home, and I did not recognize her as Andrea the Android. It was not until the night I moved in that I found out and I was blown away! I had fapped to her as a teen (I know, TMI). :) She really was mostly in love with her yorkie Bella, and the cats were largely second class citizens in her home. When she had to move out of the house after a divorce, she said she only wanted to keep the dog, so I took both cats. One of the cats died a few years ago, but I still have the other one and he is going strong. He is my buddy. :) Sherry is a sweetheart.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's cool. I actually had an argument with my ex girlfriend over Sherry Jackson. I had Ms Jackson as my mobile phones wallpaper. My girlfriend at the time got jealous. She demanded to know why I had a picture of another woman on my phone and not her. I just said "I'm with you all the time. I only see her when I look at my phone." She accepted that.

Its nice to know she's a sweetheart and more of a dog lover than a cat lover. My mother got a couple of cats a while back. I don't really like them.

I created a website for her and maintained it for a few years until some asshole took over and ruined it. I will dig out the interview, edit it and upload it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How did he ruin it? Trolling or incompetence or something?

Incompetence. After I moved into my own place, Sherry was by herself in her place and she does the appearance circuit with people like Morgan Fairchild and older Star Trek actors and actresses. The guy that played Ston in TOS is frequently there, as well as Batman and Twilight Zone stars. You get the idea. Well, a fan offered to do her website maintenance, and he had me move the files to his host, and once the domain was transferred, he messed up the site because he did not know how to make changes. He added a bunch of junk trying to make it better and ruined it. I am not nearly as close to Sherry as I once was, so I can't help her.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hear you. I'll never understand people who try to punch above their weight. They end up making an ass of things.

There's relatively little online about Ms Jackson. The odd interview here and there, filmographies and such. Its a shame. Especially for people like me. There's not much hope of me meeting any Star Trek etc actors where I'm living. Although Colm Meaney did hit on my ex girlfriends mother once, but he's a Dubliner like me. Its not a very large city really.

That's a shame. :( I have managed to meet every Star Trek TOS actor in my lifetime. I also met Gene Roddenberry. I stood inside the wood mockup of the Galileo shuttle when it was stored at the Braille Institute in South Los Angeles (it's empty inside!). Living with Sherry was an act of sheer coincidence and fate. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hope the TOS actors were all polite to you?

The closest I got to meeting one was walking by Harris Yulin ( DS9 Duet ) in the street one day. I didn't say hi though. The Irish tend to leave celebrities alone. Besides, I've a big ego, if an actor dismissed me they would really piss me off. Best I leave them be.

I did work as an extra on The Tudors once. I hated it. I overheard a young fella talking about a Led Zeppelin concert one day and I asked him if it was online. A PA took me aside and told me not to talk to the actors. I didn't even know he was an actor. He was just some young fella to me. I don't like pecking orders so I'd never work as an extra again.

View attachment 35134

I've gone to war for a woman like her. There's very few women I would have done that for. That's in the past though. I'm trying to contain my ruthless streak. Unfortunately that means I plan never to love again. Its mindblowing what certain women can drive a man to. Best not to get involved at all.

They were all awesome and polite. I was able to say something nice about performances of each one of them when I met them. The most standoffish of them all was William Shatner.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'd believe that about Shatner. When I see him in interviews he always struck me as having a measured insincere practised way of expressing himself. That's why I contend he's a better actor than people think. Most of the time his Kirk didn't have that.

I'd go further on what I think of Shatners' psychology but I'm not sure what's within forum guidelines.

I would go with him being a good actor too. Many have tried to mock his acting style, but he actually had quite the range. When I met him, he was with Leonard Nimoy, and they were both smoking cigarettes. I remember that Leonard smoked two in the space of 30 minutes. I remember them laughing together about something, and I was watching them trying to separate the characters from the actors. I was much younger then! We are talking about the early 1970s. DeForest Kelley was not standoffish, but he was reserved and quiet. He struck me as much different than Doctor McCoy. I met the others at different events, as well as Gene and Majel Roddenberry. Majel cannot act. She is EXACTLY the person she was as Nurse Chapel (not Lwaxanna Troi). Smiley, sweet and friendly. Star Trek has been a part of my life for more than 50 years now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yup. The first Season of TOS shows how good Shatner can be. He hammed it up more as time went on though. Star Trek 2 was a great performance by him too. His Kirk was very charismatic and dynamic overall. Yet my gut tells me he is a fake as a person.

DeForest Kelley always struck me as being a laid back gentleman.

Interesting you say she is exactly like Nurse Chapel. I saw an interview a while back ( I forget where ) where she said she didn't like Chapels character because she was a weak woman.

Star Trek has been a part of my life for about 35 years. I've never been at a convention though and none of my friends like the original Trek stuff. My brother does but he doesn't think about it in any great depth. The most I get out of him is "that was a good episode".

I don't really understand people dressing up as the characters though. I prefer to concentrate on what the stories are trying to convey to me more than the culture built up around the franchise.

I never dressed up as characters. :) But I actually wanted to. At least, I wanted a uniform and a phaser replica. I did have the Revell plastic model of the Enterprise, but it got away from me over the years.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, I am really on the hunt for this in my drives! I know I have it, I have been hunting through my drives.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you ever find that interview Overmind One?

No. :( But I do have it. I did not give it an intuitive name, otherwise I would have found it. It's from January 2013, so I will be searching. I have several hard drives that need to be checked. I will need to mount some of the drives in Linux to read them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool. You must have an awful lot of files so. I save very little myself. I just use a computer for browsing or You Tube or whatever. Any files I need to save I put into e mail accounts then I can access them anywhere.

I have a dozen hard drives, and gigabytes and gigabytes of files to sift through. I have been using search to do it, but I may have to do it manually.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I see. How come you never posted the video initially? It was basically advertised on You Tube.

Because when I tried to upload it at the time, YouTube told me it was too large.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Because when I tried to upload it at the time, YouTube told me it was too large.
Yeah, I believe new members are only allowed to upload smaller videos and have to earn the right to upload longer videos.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There isn't much on the Gatefans You Tube channel but who did the animation for the GatefansShow segments?

I did. I used a program called Xtranormal to make them. The movements and voices I programmed. That material I threw up there years ago, but I had no clue where to take the channel so it has just stagnated. But I will be reviving it soon, with new content. I may pull down the old stuff which is unrelated to the site.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool Overmind One. I didn't expect to find fireworks and cats tbh. Your still going ahead with your video reviews then?

Speaking of Soap Fi I tried to do a NuBSG rewatch and my DVDs started freezing at the end of Season Two. I'd only watch them once and there was no damage. Its not the first time I've had problems with Playback DVDs though.

I am getting concerned that I can't find the interview. I may go to the actual camera SD card.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, and I never found the video even though I am absolutely positive I have it somewhere