I have filmed Sherry Jackson's interview and she has answered your questions!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
On a chance visit from Sherry, I managed to get her at the right time and in the right place and she has given us her interview! I have filmed it and I will be editing it and posting it on our YouTube channel.

She has answered questions from Joelist, Stonelesscutter, Rac80 and Shavedape. After a bit of editing, I will post it here shortly. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
COOL!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I have a full 30 min of footage, and I need to add the titles and footer graphics, as well as some overlays with the questions. Its about 9:50 by now, and I will be done with the edits about 10:50 so it should be uploaded by 11:30pm tonight. Happy New Year!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Very cool! :daniel_new_anime021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, my first full editing job is going to take more than an hour! Most likely by tomorrow evening. I am putting in titles with the questions and the users of the questions. Also I have some photo and video overlay effects, as well as fades and stuff. The animated GateFans footer is in the video as a watermark. But the video is in the can and is an exclusive for Gatefans :daniel_new_anime021:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She went into an entire story on your name alone! :tealc_newanime006: You had the most questions and I went through all of them. :)

I can't remember the questions I asked so this will be a nice surprise for me. No spoilers please! :anim_59:

I assume this interview will be on the front page of course. :beckett_new049:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Glad to hear it's happened! :) Congratulations, sir!

You get the next one...she had fun doing it, but I had to force it on her and coerce her with a glass of wine. :) I had her over for New Years Day and it just sorta happened. I show exactly 33min of footage in HD and LED lighting, and it came out pretty good! I am adding the requisite picture-in-picture and the GateFans animated footer overlay, as well as overlays with the questions and the user names of the people who asked the questions. I thought I could do that in an hour or two but it is gonna take at least this afternoon when I get home.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
On a chance visit from Sherry, I managed to get her at the right time and in the right place and she has given us her interview! I have filmed it and I will be editing it and posting it on our YouTube channel.

She has answered questions from Joelist, Stonelesscutter, Rac80 and Shavedape. After a bit of editing, I will post it here shortly. :)

What? My mindless probing questions were too deep? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What? My mindless probing questions were too deep? :P

Nah, but 30 minutes was a bit long. She is now settled a bit better and I have a perfect setup at my new place to do them impromptu with a minimum of fuss. It was hard to say no (the bottle of wine helped) :) There can be others with her, perhaps some newer people.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Nah, but 30 minutes was a bit long. She is now settled a bit better and I have a perfect setup at my new place to do them impromptu with a minimum of fuss. It was hard to say no (the bottle of wine helped) :) There can be others with her, perhaps some newer people.

Well, when you land that big Julia Benson interview, I'll be ready. :biggrin:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Didn't you know? The next big interview is the no holds barred Q&A session with Joseph Mallozzi. He will be locked in and not released until he answers all our questions to our satisfaction...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, when you land that big Julia Benson interview, I'll be ready. :biggrin:

Julia Benson? You want an interview or just a spread? :daniel_new_anime021:
--- merged: Jan 3, 2013 6:59 AM ---
Didn't you know? The next big interview is the no holds barred Q&A session with Joseph Mallozzi. He will be locked in and not released until he answers all our questions to our satisfaction...

Wouldnt that be something! But now, he would probably do it since he is not doing much else. I want to get a completely livid Brad Wright in an interview. Tell him that it will not include anything from SGU and then run the film and make that the first question and get the reaction! :smiley-laughing024:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
"Mr. Mallozzi, we're very interested in the creative process you use. Can you tell us the backstory behind how all of the women characters on SGU were written as misogynistic fantasies?"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"Mr. Mallozzi, we're very interested in the creative process you use. Can you tell us the backstory behind how all of the women characters on SGU were written as misogynistic fantasies?"

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024::icon_clap:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Where can I see the Sherry Jackson interview? Its not on YouTube as far as I can see.

I have not uploaded it to YouTube. I still have the video.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks for the reply Overmind One. Is it on this site?
No. It's in my SAN. I filmed the video in my home. She is a personal friend of mine.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh right. I don't know what SAN stands for sorry.

I always had a soft spot for Ms Jackson. Its rarely I'm impressed by someone I see on TV. I've seen three truly breathtaking women in my life. Two of them I've known. The other is the lady your friends with.

I'd be interested in seeing her interview if that's cool?

it's still raw and quite long (more than an hour). I would have to do some work to get it packaged and uploaded which is one of the reasons it has not been uploaded. But I suppose I could do it when I get some time. I work fulltime so free time is precious!

SAN = Storage Area Network. It refers to an array of hard drives configured to work as a single unit. I have one at home.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't mind seeing a rough cut Overmind One.

It would be good to see it. Thanks.

Thanks for the info too. I only know what I need to know about computers. I'm not up on the jargon.

Sherry is up in age now, but she is still going. :) I will see what I can do. I lived with her for about a year. How cool is that! I even adopted her cat and I still have him today.