I Am Number Four

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Okay, I just had to go watch "I am Number Four" because of this thread.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I sorta kinda get the comparison to Twilight, although the teaser clips of Twilight put me off seeing that movie. And I get the comments from reviewers that it's pretty derivative. Honestly, though, I was completely surprised by the horrible review Roger Ebert gave it... yeow. And both metacritic and rottentomatoes gave it crap ratings. But I don't know. It just wasn't that bad in my book.

It served well as entertainment and was better than one of those typical schlocky SyFy B-movies. The acting was ok, although the story was very predictable and it definitely skews for a young audience. But to me, it could've easily been a "new mutant" story in one of the x-men books.

What I didn't know before going into the movie was all of the commentary about the "young adult" book that it's based on, or the highly goofy material surrounding that book. We're talking "wow" goofy. And I wonder if a lot of reviewers perhaps more familiar with the book didn't let those things negatively color this movie adaptation. A lot of the book elements and plot devices, just from reading the wiki, were really abysmally terrible, and fortunately a lot of them weren't in the movie.

told ya!

and im agreeing with the rest and greening your post ;)