I Am Number Four

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bleh....formulaic garbage!

Just saw the trailer for this, and in epic disapointment. Looks so lame!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464540/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5djHG3hPu0

Its looks so...contrived. It looks like this is going to be a formulaic teen-messiah/angsty romantic piece of garbage. I couldnt even make it through the whole trailer! :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
hey im enjoying twighlight! i prefer the books though they flesh it out a lot more. Im interested how they handle the honeymoon on the next Twighlight movie as the books were pretty intense from that moment on - darker imo.

well my nemesis we agree again! :eek: the space-time continuum is about to rupture! :eek: I, too, enjoy twilight- they are fluff and fluff has it's place. :)

as to this movie- saw the trailer and thought bleh! not my type of movie at all.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
just saw this one and really it isnt bad and as teen drama angst-y as youd asume and imo its pretty good.

it gave me 1h 40mins of entertainment so i def recomend it.

im also looking forward to any potential sequel.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
just saw this one and really it isnt bad and as teen drama angst-y as youd asume and imo its pretty good.

it gave me 1h 40mins of entertainment so i def recomend it.

im also looking forward to any potential sequel.

Yeah, but didn't you also recommended Battlecrap: Los Angeles? :tomato:

J/K :D

OMNI

Yeah, but didn't you also recommended Battlecrap: Los Angeles? :tomato:

J/K :D

if i havnt i would but not for what it should have been but what it is, ie. military heroic hollywood cheesefest!!

but i still found it watchable but i admit to not paying to see it so it dint cost me much except for a few hours of my life i would have wasted anyway ;)

Bluce Ree

if i havnt i would but not for what it should have been but what it is, ie. military heroic hollywood cheesefest!!

but i still found it watchable but i admit to not paying to see it so it dint cost me much except for a few hours of my life i would have wasted anyway ;)

YAY! :joy: I'm not the only one who thought it was a cheesefest!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My TV refuses to allow Glee to be shown on it (it strangely automatically changes the channel whenever it comes on)....

Bluce Ree

My TV refuses to allow Glee to be shown on it (it strangely automatically changes the channel whenever it comes on)....

You're lucky. Anytime I forget the channel on Glee, my TV walks over to me and belts me across the face.

OMNI

YAY! :joy: I'm not the only one who thought it was a cheesefest!

:P
come on those scenes with that sergeant? (i forget his rank) anyway the way he interacts with the boy and the civvies OMG CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!
:P

OMNI

i saw it once and it both burned my retinas and damaged my hearing so i am now GLEE impared :)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Okay, I just had to go watch "I am Number Four" because of this thread.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I sorta kinda get the comparison to Twilight, although the teaser clips of Twilight put me off seeing that movie. And I get the comments from reviewers that it's pretty derivative. Honestly, though, I was completely surprised by the horrible review Roger Ebert gave it... yeow. And both metacritic and rottentomatoes gave it crap ratings. But I don't know. It just wasn't that bad in my book.

It served well as entertainment and was better than one of those typical schlocky SyFy B-movies. The acting was ok, although the story was very predictable and it definitely skews for a young audience. But to me, it could've easily been a "new mutant" story in one of the x-men books.

What I didn't know before going into the movie was all of the commentary about the "young adult" book that it's based on, or the highly goofy material surrounding that book. We're talking "wow" goofy. And I wonder if a lot of reviewers perhaps more familiar with the book didn't let those things negatively color this movie adaptation. A lot of the book elements and plot devices, just from reading the wiki, were really abysmally terrible, and fortunately a lot of them weren't in the movie.