How many old scifi shows can you name?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
hey, wait a minute!

they're back--at least for now

I noticed that "Doppleganger" and "The Forbin Project" were up as of last Friday.

There are tons of Kolchak material to watch.

For the real obscure stuff. If you are bored straight out of it try taking a peep at these:

The Immortal with Christopher George

Duel

tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMiCGzkMIg

One of the greatest sci-fi writers of all time wrote this. The director was new, but he improved over time.

The People with Kim Darby

ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyaaQdaQID4

A quiet but nice sci-fi show that you may never of even heard of before.

Edits all around

I stand corrected - for The Forbin Project, that is. I think I actually saw "Journey to the far side of the sun" when it was at the theatre. Now it will always be "Doppleganger" after remembering the end to the movie.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
JOURNEY TO THE FAR SIDE OF THE SUN is the same as DOPPELGANGER

Seems it was called DOPPELGANGER everywhere except in the US; even back then the British must of had no faith in Americans and a strong command of the English language, ala, German loan words :)
-----------------
I was pretty young-maybe 7 or 8, the first time I watched DOPPELGANGER/JOURNEY, I don't know wy, but the end really scared the hell out of me.

When the guy crashed into the mirror-I was just scared by that thinking what if there were really another reality just through a mirror?

And, by the 80's, I was getting over that and then I saw this movie-a pretty good horror/sci fi-ish film--but it brought back my irrational fear of mirrors :)

:anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Prince of Darkness was actually fairly clever. I agree. And so was Doppelgänger.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
side note on John Carpenter

i just saw on wiki (while looking up PRINCE OF DARKNESS) that he is from CARTHAGE NY!

No wonder he has such a wonderfully twisted mind-if you grew up there, you would too!! :icon_lol: