Hey, did they get rid of Kate?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dunno about that. Kate started off rough but they listened to fan feedback and fixed her character last season - thereafter she was fine.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Dunno about that. Kate started off rough but they listened to fan feedback and fixed her character last season - thereafter she was fine.

She's softer now, but I don't know if her character was really necessary for the show. They could upgrade that spot in the team IMO.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She's softer now, but I don't know if her character was really necessary for the show. They could upgrade that spot in the team IMO.

They totally fixed her, but after reading your post, I agree that she isnt really essential for continuing the show like Will and Big Man are. That spot is indeed "upgradable". But perhaps it could function like some sort of "intern" position within the Team so they can change him/her every year? Say they are training for staff positions in the other Sanctuaries in the Network?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They totally fixed her, but after reading your post, I agree that she isnt really essential for continuing the show like Will and Big Man are. That spot is indeed "upgradable". But perhaps it could function like some sort of "intern" position within the Team so they can change him/her every year? Say they are training for staff positions in the other Sanctuaries in the Network?

From your lips to Amanda Tapping's ear. ;)

G

Graybrew1

That would be really cool, Bones did that for a season and it worked out great.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Agam posted this on Facebook & Twitter a while ago -

Agam Darshi
People have been asking so here it is: Kate IS still kicking ass, and has an interesting storyline in Season 4. Unfortunately due to scheduling this year, she's not in it, as much as previous seasons. xo
September 28

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Agam Darshi
People have been asking so here it is: Kate IS still kicking ass, and has an interesting storyline in Season 4. Unfortunately due to scheduling this year, she's not in it, as much as previous seasons. xo
September 28

So there we have it straight from the horse's mouth. I guess there is no need to crossover Steve Jinks to this show now. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Agam Darshi
September 28

Arent we IN season 4? What does "she is not in it" mean? :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So there we have it straight from the horse's mouth. I guess there is no need to crossover Steve Jinks to this show now. :P

That's a shame because he's actually more interesting as characters go. ;)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Arent we IN season 4? What does "she is not in it" mean? :(

It's an old tweet with bad grammar. What I assume she means is that, due to scheduling demands elsewhere, she won't be in Sanctuary as much this year. When the next episode airs we'll see if she's credited in the main cast for the episodes she appears in, or if she's just a recurring character from now on.

Or her character might just be killed off and their being coy about the whole thing. Basically stay tuned...(I should get a paycheck from Syfy for that little advertisement :icon_lol:).

S

Stonelesscutter

Well by now it should be obvious for everyone who's seen the episode but just in case I'll spoiler it.

Kate is sort of 'in luv' with one of the abnormals that came from hollow earth and she will go back there with him.

Which by the way to me is either a major friggin' :facepalm: or a major friggin' :puke:.

Sanctuary has really lost its way. The first two seasons had some great episodes but they've managed to frak the whole thing up. In the beginning the episodes were based around a specific abnormal the team had to deal with. Those episodes were fine. Well most of them were. The plotline about "the five" who took the source blood and what it did to them was terrific. Unfortunately they took it a little bit too much towards the vampire stuff. But even that was good compared to the plotline with the mega-abnormals. Another :facepalm: there. The new arc about hollow earth (which by the way is a really unimaginative name) was only interesting at the very beginning with the discovery of the hologram of the city. But that arc sure took a nosedive right after.

Now we're left with the most horrible plot so far. The city, which could have still brought some awesomeness, has been destroyed. Thousands of abnormals who apparently had been living underground, yet not in the city, are now coming topside. The military has to step up to intervene in the situation. All of a sudden there's tons of people that know about abnormals, which means that now basically the whole world will know.

But ofcourse, pretty much all of those new abnormals look exactly like humans with special contact lenses. The one or two we saw that didn't look like humans just looked plain dumb. But still most of them we only got to see from way up in the sky so we might as well have been looking at a bunch of ants.
Then there's Will who because of Helen's absence calls his girlfriend (:puke:) to ask her to help him deal with the situation. But ofcourse it turns out that she knows lots of people in important places in all kinds of agencies that might help. Lame!

Henry is trying to form a bridge between the humans and abnormals. He shows his ugly snout for a second. Also he's knocked a couple of yards through the air by a single blow. What happened to the badass werewolf-like character he was?

To wrap it up. For this episode.
Will, -
Will's girlfriend, --
Kate, --
Henry, -
Big guy, +/-
Overall story, ------------