Hey, did they get rid of Kate?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
During the opening credits for the new season of Sanctuary I noticed that Kate was absent from the brief cast pic they flash on the screen. It was just Helen, Will and Henry (I don't think Big Guy was pictured either).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Big Guy was there I think.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Looks like it. She's not in the group pic at the beginning now.

Big Guy was there in his guise as John Druitt.

G

Graybrew1

Not sure how feel about that, they seemed to have run out of storyline for her.
I guess, time will tell. :cool:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
This reminds me, I still need to watch Tempus. :)

If they phase Kate out and bring in another character (Ashley?) I'm sure there are many who would welcome it. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As I recall, Ashley was kindasorta destroyed.

Nah
Ashley fell under Scifi deaths rule one "obscure death"
When there is no body, never assume you will not see the character again. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nah
Ashley fell under Scifi deaths rule one "obscure death"
When there is no body, never assume you will not see the character again. :D

LOL...I remember whan I was all..."NOoooooo! They didnt kill off Ashley!". Then, they brought out Kate and I was like "WTH? Who is this street chick with the attitude?", then I was like "They fixed Kate!", now I dont miss Ashley and her Buffy-like persona and if they bring her back, it will be like..."Nooooo! They brought back Ashley?"

If they got rid of Kate, the LEAST they can do is explain how and why...are they going to pretend she never existed?

SciphonicStranger

I'm watching Tempus now and Kate was not in the opening snapshot. This episode deals with time travel so maybe the timeline got mucked up and they are just being consistent. Maybe I'll know more later. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm watching Tempus now and Kate was not in the opening snapshot. This episode deals with time travel so maybe the timeline got mucked up and they are just being consistent. Maybe I'll know more later. :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I won't spoil the episode but since it's a time travel one they could be playing with the whole erasing of Kate's timeline.

SciphonicStranger

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I won't spoil the episode but since it's a time travel one they could be playing with the whole erasing of Kate's timeline.

I watched the whole thing and everything was left up in the air. No idea how the events affected the future yet. Guess we need to find out tomorrow or in future episodes. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wouldn't think anything in the episode affected Kate's timeline. Most plot elements were tied up but they left one deliberately open (we get to see it play out tomorrow).

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Another thing to note is that with even minor changes in the timeline, it's possible that Ashley was never born.

SciphonicStranger

Another thing to note is that with even minor changes in the timeline, it's possible that Ashley was never born.

Or maybe Kate was never born and Ashley will be back? :P

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I never liked Ashley, so I'll be the first to say...

God, I hope she doesn't come back.

And after a little research...I doubt she would be back...she's working on a series that comes out next year.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ashley isn't coming back - I won't spoil the episode but suffice it to say the events of modern times in Sanctuary still happen...

G

Graybrew1

I would rather see some new interesting blood.
Keep it fresh. :cool:

SciphonicStranger

I never liked Ashley, so I'll be the first to say...

God, I hope she doesn't come back.

And after a little research...I doubt she would be back...she's working on a series that comes out next year.

Yeah, I think the bridge has been burned.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To be honest I'm not a Kate fan. I didn't mind Ashley and I feel they never really did enough with her character before they turned her bad and killed her off. But Kate just felt very forced, like they shoved this character into the mix. There was nothing unique about her even though they tried to have us believe she was this uber bad ass with a heart of gold. Didn't work for me.