HELIX will have a competitor...THE LAST SHIP

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If you could only put your posts from different threads side-by-side and clearly see your own masterful hypocrisy at work. :icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao:

Meaning the Hannibal thread? :) Its in a different thread because it is a completely different genre and type of show. :) I would be very willing to watch a show about a deadly virus if done right. I dont think I would watch a movie about a prison guard. Or a bail bondsman, or a heroin addict.

Good thing there are trailers for this stuff....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Meaning the Hannibal thread? :) Its in a different thread because it is a completely different genre and type of show. :) I would be very willing to watch a show about a deadly virus if done right. I dont think I would watch a movie about a prison guard. Or a bail bondsman, or a heroin addict.

Good thing there are trailers for this stuff....

Meaning this :)

After watching Helix, I owe it to Michael to watch at least one episode of this show. Helix couldn't get any worse. Its getting better, but that just means its a turd which is floating to the top instead of swirling. :)

I dont have to eat a whole turd to decide I dont like the taste. :). I dont like Helix either, but I can watch i easier than I can watch Sons of Anarchy. Dexter got a little more attention from me over the run of the show, but it came back to the same issue of the subject matter.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meaning this :)

Is there a conflict? :) Helix is a turd...it seems to be floating now, but it was swirling down the drain two weeks ago. Im not seeing how watching more than the three episodes I watched of SoA is going to change these people into something other than what they are in this show. But I will watch all of season 1 just to make it so you cant say I did not watch it. It is just so hard to watch that show....I managed to watch every episode of SGU, and a few of them twice. I have watched every episode of Helix too...but SoA, its hard for me to watch it. But I will try.

Bluce Ree

Is there a conflict? :) Helix is a turd...it seems to be floating now, but it was swirling down the drain two weeks ago. Im not seeing how watching more than the three episodes I watched of SoA is going to change these people into something other than what they are in this show. But I will watch all of season 1 just to make it so you cant say I did not watch it. It is just so hard to watch that show....I managed to watch every episode of SGU, and a few of them twice. I have watched every episode of Helix too...but SoA, its hard for me to watch it. But I will try.

You don't like the taste of turds except when you like the taste of turd. That's cool. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You don't like the taste of turds except when you like the taste of turd. That's cool. :)

A floating turd and a swirling turd are already in the toilet. You are asking me to taste the turd just to know it is really a turd. You want me to actually take several bites, with hopes that perhaps it wont taste like a turd once I have eaten half of it. :)

Bluce Ree

A floating turd and a swirling turd are already in the toilet. You are asking me to taste the turd just to know it is really a turd. You want me to actually take several bites, with hopes that perhaps it wont taste like a turd once I have eaten half of it. :)

Nope and nowhere do I even remotely suggest that. I'm pointing out that, in your own words, you find some turds more acceptable, easier on the palate. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I admit I am skeptical on this one.

The Last Ship series is a massively changed adaptation of William Brinkley's pretty good book of the same name. And I just don't see how a "virus" works here or making it into a "race to save the world". The book's premise was the journey's of a lone nuclear powered CGN after a global thermonuclear war to find someplace uncontaminated to start over in.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you could only put your posts from different threads side-by-side and clearly see your own masterful hypocrisy at work. :icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao:

Well I can kind of understand the vacillation because Helix could be a good show. And there are occasional glimpses of promise, but we always seem to get disappointed.

This goes back to my belief that we're essentially an optimistic bunch of scifi lovers who continually see greatness within reach but then get it yanked away from us by incompetent producers. Is it any wonder that we sometimes end up on both sides of the fence?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well I can kind of understand the vacillation because Helix could be a good show. And there are occasional glimpses of promise, but we always seem to get disappointed.

This goes back to my belief that we're essentially an optimistic bunch of scifi lovers who continually see greatness within reach but then get it yanked away from us by incompetent producers. Is it any wonder that we sometimes end up on both sides of the fence?

I like the nuclear war premise in the book better than the viral one they have changed it to.

Helix was definitely made more fun by adding in Jeri Ryan. I wasnt thrilled with the character they cooked up for her when she first appeared, but now she seems to be getting her legs...she is really quite a good actress. They have her in loose fitting clothes and they do not AT ALL play up on her physical assets. They even have her wearing hardly any makeup you can see. If we had to lose the fun lesbian chick for an even more fun Jeri, Im happy! She is great in this. She makes it fun. Still, the premise and the rest of what's going on in Helix drags it down, almost to a halt. I still do not see this going past this season.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Jeri Ryan is a strong actress, as was evident even back on ST:VOY. I think back then the producers brought her in for cheesecake then discovered she can really act, so as a result the stories for Seven of nine wound up not being very sexy or shippy at all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I like the nuclear war premise in the book better than the viral one they have changed it to.

Helix was definitely made more fun by adding in Jeri Ryan. I wasnt thrilled with the character they cooked up for her when she first appeared, but now she seems to be getting her legs...she is really quite a good actress. They have her in loose fitting clothes and they do not AT ALL play up on her physical assets. They even have her wearing hardly any makeup you can see. If we had to lose the fun lesbian chick for an even more fun Jeri, Im happy! She is great in this. She makes it fun. Still, the premise and the rest of what's going on in Helix drags it down, almost to a halt. I still do not see this going past this season.

Um...don't get too attached to Ms. Ryan in this show. Nuff sed. :winking0052:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Um...don't get too attached to Ms. Ryan in this show. Nuff sed. :winking0052:

I think I know what that means....but hey, they only used her for name recognition and to make up for getting rid of my favorite character. Without Jeri, the show is stale bread.

Bluce Ree

I think I know what that means....but hey, they only used her for name recognition and to make up for getting rid of my favorite character. Without Jeri, the show is stale bread.

Well, then. Enjoy your stale bread. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Spock in an emotional outburst is always epic. :icon_lol:

I am downloading the episode but I havent seen it yet. I already know that sweet Jeri is somehow going to otherwise disappear from the show (no spoilers please!). I will watch it tonight or tomorrow.

DAMN. And she was good in the show. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wanted her to reveal as a Borg and start assimilating the cast...