HELIX will have a competitor...THE LAST SHIP

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Virus...isolated crew needs to find a cure...global pandemic...good looking actors..."pew-pew"

blah, blah, blah

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wonder which network will keep their clone longer? SYFY or TNT?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Virus...isolated crew needs to find a cure...global pandemic...good looking actors..."pew-pew"

blah, blah, blah

Rhona Mitra (sp?). The premise on this sucks, and Michael Bay doing it (and having the gall to use Transformers as his cred) makes it something to be avoided. Ill ignore it until/if it starts getting good reviews.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM ---
I wonder which network will keep their clone longer? SYFY or TNT?

Syfy cancels its shows prematurely usually, but Moore may be able to grab a following. Michael Bay, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm skeptical but I'm giving this points for originality. It isn't just an old show dug up from the garbage bin and remade with a modern twist.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So does this virus make fast moving zombies or slow moving zombies? :P

B

Backstep

Will The Last Ship and Falling Skies run back to back? Both billed as summer shows.

If it's not an emo soap opera then I'll watch it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Last Ship is actually an adaptation of what was a very good book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ship

However, it sounds like they have deviated pretty far from the source material. I'm not sure I can buy using a worldwide pandemic as the problem precisely because they are making it into a "race to cure" thing. The book was more about trying to find somewhere to live which worked better.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Last Ship is actually an adaptation of what was a very good book:

However, it sounds like they have deviated pretty far from the source material. I'm not sure I can buy using a worldwide pandemic as the problem precisely because they are making it into a "race to cure" thing. The book was more about trying to find somewhere to live which worked better.

With Michael Bay doing it, it is doomed to be a rockem sockem flashy, fast moving mess. He has no incentive to be true to any book, and I doubt he even read the book. :( He will be given a basic guideline to follow, then he will do "his take" on it. After he finishes creating the show, all he will need is this:

Toilet-Paper_288x288.jpg

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you want to see a more original (albeit WILDLY uneven) film on a global Pandemic here is one that is not super well known:

For its time it was fairly ambitious. Parts of it are quite effective and parts laughable.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Stand is pretty cool. I just thought of VIRUS as it is a bit closer thematically to The Last Ship.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ahh, I was just considering subject matter.
(and yeah, the stand was pretty cool)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
After watching Helix, I owe it to Michael to watch at least one episode of this show. Helix couldn't get any worse. Its getting better, but that just means its a turd which is floating to the top instead of swirling. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
After watching Helix, I owe it to Michael to watch at least one episode of this show. Helix couldn't get any worse. Its getting better, but that just means its a turd which is floating to the top instead of swirling. :)

If you could only put your posts from different threads side-by-side and clearly see your own masterful hypocrisy at work. :icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao: