"Green Lantern" can't pull in the...green

G

Graybrew1

Tbh...hollywood needs to ditch the "superhero" theme. It's getting stale and kinda mehish. Though, I'll still watch Batman and Iron man 3.The first two were watchable.However, we need moar sci-fi on tv :cool:

Here is a weird idea, how about Hollywood actually creates a new and original idea for a movie? LOL.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Here is a weird idea, how about Hollywood actually creates a new and original idea for a movie? LOL.
Green for you for that great quote in your sig? :)

But Let me explain where hollywood can get ideas. There are 100s if not thousands of books of science fiction just begging to be turned into a great series.

Arthur C Clark is one of the great science fiction writers.He has written some amazing stuff.One of them being 2001:ASO. Isac Asimov is another famous one.Though, I didn't like how they made I-Robot,good but it didn't follow how Asimov wrote it. But still, there is some really cool sci-fi out there.

G

Graybrew1

But Let me explain where hollywood can get ideas. There are 100s if not thousands of books of science fiction just begging to be turned into a great series.

Arthur C Clark is one of the great science fiction writers.He has written some amazing stuff.One of them being 2001:ASO. Isac Asimov is another famous one.Though, I didn't like how they made I-Robot,good but it didn't follow how Asimov wrote it. But still, there is some really cool sci-fi out there.

I would be okay with that too. :icon_e_wink:

How many more Comics ( Yes, I love XMen, no comment) Cartoons, or Old Tv shows, Old Movies are they going to make? I frequent Comingsoon.net often and most of the new things coming out look like crap.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
They're redoing Superman, Spider-Man. It's getting tiresome. They should just hire foreign actors and actresses and writers. Overseas, they're not really paid the extravagant and excessive amounts of money like here. So usually, they have to have stronger writing capabilities to get more bang out the little budget they have to work with there. Which this piece of crap hollywood could use nowdays.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They're redoing Superman, Spider-Man. It's getting tiresome. They should just hire foreign actors and actresses and writers. Overseas, they're not really paid the extravagant and excessive amounts of money like here. So usually, they have to have stronger writing capabilities to get more bang out the little budget they have to work with there. Which this piece of crap hollywood could use nowdays.

The problem is that they are running out of the superheroes it is workable to put on film (some of these characters only belong in comics). What's next - Super Chicken?

G

Graybrew1

The problem is that they are running out of the superheroes it is workable to put on film (some of these characters only belong in comics). What's next - Super Chicken?

Hush!!!!! Don't give them any ideas. :rotflmao:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/green-lantern-falls-short-box-office-reuters

I like the character of Green Lantern and I don't hate Ryan Reynolds but I have no desire to pay money to see such an egregiously overt CGI movie. I mean, his costume is CGI! Obviously I'm not alone in my assessment cuz "Green Lantern" fell short of bringing in the scrilla this opening weekend.

And what's with these ridiculous production and marketing costs? $200 million to produce and $125 million to market? Seriously??? :eek: That's crazy.

I guess you haven't heard. Overinflated Hollywood budgets are the latest trend in money laundering and theft. What better irony than using this green to steal more green in the biggest Hollywood heist yet?

Bluce Ree

*ahem* Family Guy.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
*ahem* Family Guy.

Actually Super Chicken is a 60's short cartoon. I remember it as a little kid during reruns of George of the Jungle.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hush!!!!! Don't give them any ideas. :rotflmao:

Oh dear....what if they do movie revivals of: Atom Ant, Mighty Mouse, Felix the Cat, Aquaman (actually, that might be cool!). The ones they have done already could have been so much cooler! The Green Hornet SHOULD HAVE BEEN cool, but having Seth Rogan in there messed up the whole movie. Green Lantern used the wrong Green Lantern, and Batman used the wrong Batman and Spiderman used the wrong Spiderman, and they ruined that by having Mary Jane and Parker be a couple with full reveal.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh dear....what if they do movie revivals of: Atom Ant, Mighty Mouse, Felix the Cat, Aquaman (actually, that might be cool!). The ones they have done already could have been so much cooler! The Green Hornet SHOULD HAVE BEEN cool, but having Seth Rogan in there messed up the whole movie. Green Lantern used the wrong Green Lantern, and Batman used the wrong Batman and Spiderman used the wrong Spiderman, and they ruined that by having Mary Jane and Parker be a cou

ple with full reveal.

Almost agree. I think Christian Bale nailed the Batman/Bruce Wayne role.

Bluce Ree

Almost agree. I think Christian Bale nailed the Batman/Bruce Wayne role.

I agree. I think Bale nailed it but they could have done it without the stupid alter-ego voice or maybe something a little different, like altering his voice with technology rather than just sounding like a bad smoker.

G

Graybrew1

I agree. I think Bale nailed it but they could have done it without the stupid alter-ego voice or maybe something a little different, like altering his voice with technology rather than just sounding like a bad smoker.

Green for that. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

You mean like this:

G

Graybrew1

ROTFLMAO. I have tears in my frakin eyes.

Throat Cancer!!!:rotflmao:

A noun, a verb, something to work with........Ouch, my sides hurt.....so funny. :biggrin:

Green for you too.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Exactly! And great ideas, not some shallow story that needs window dressing with SFX and 3D... What a novel concept.