Gayteworld's Censorship Screen Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

3. Not all members here are people who "really, really dislike SGU" we've had a few members the are pro sgu that liked this environment more.

I miss MorganSkywalker! Morgan was the voice of SGU fanboy reason, a moderate, a scholar & a gentle............. never remember if male of female. Morgan, come back to us!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
They only delete completely a thread, if it is negative about SGU. When other threads go off topic, ONLY the off topic comments get deleted. Sometimes the thread get closed, too. But normally they don't delete it completely as long as it is not negative about SGU.

They are more accepting of negative threads about SG1 and SGA. There is for example this current thread in the SGA folder:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76530-Why-do-people-have-so-much-hate-for-season-5

A thread with the name

in the SGU section would get at once deleted! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I tried (the operative word being TRIED) to start a thread entitled "Season1: Critique and contemplation" named after the sg1 season 10 thread but damn they closed that fast! :P as to this comment by sky:
Pass this along

Since we have a little gang here that likes to deliberately derail any threads they don't like with OT spam and junk, I'm announcing a 'Deliberate Derailment' infraction. Anyone(s) that posts to derail and goes on to deliberately derail any thread they don't like in an effort to get it shut down, when they get this infraction it's an automatic 3 day banishment from the forum.

Consider yourselves warned.

If you don't like a topic, move on and live and let live. The attitude of 'I don't like it so I'll get it shut down' is no longer to be tolerated here. Live and let live or go and find another forum to bully.

ABOUT damn time.....I would love to see those squeedrones booted for three days! :P but the problem for me is the attitude
sky desrcibes was acceptable otherwise these morons wouldn't have done it! :P maybe the low ratings for sgpoo has gw rethinking it's pro sgpoo only attitude and it realizes once the show tanks (as it will) they will want the old posters back! :P

UxmalTrekker

K'inich Yax K'uk'Mo'
This response isn’t specifically for calibos, but for all pro-SGU posters who make similar statements.

Statements like this

The fact that anyone is 'fighting against' a tv show is one cup of 'funny' mixed with a cup and a half of 'sad' and blended together with 6 ounces of 'shut the **** up'.

It's ridiculous. There are sooo many more things out there that are actually worth 'fighting for'. Imagine if the folks who whine the most about SGU actually did something productive with their time?

hold absolutely no value. Why? Because anyone here could easily say “The fact that anyone is ‘fighting for/defending' a tv show is one cup of 'funny' mixed with a cup and a half of 'sad' and blended together with 6 ounces of 'shut the **** up'.

It's ridiculous. There are sooo many more things out there that are actually worth ‘fighting for/defending'. Imagine if the folks who whine the most about ‘how great’ SGU ‘is’ actually did something productive with their time?”

For a startling example, let’s take a look at that core of fifteen to twenty posters over on the SGU boards at Gateworld. Christ, those people are in every thread, multiple times, sometimes with twenty, thirty or forty posts per day. A lot of them have 15,000 posts, 20,000 posts or more. They post all the time, almost obsessively. Surely they have more productive things that they could be doing with their time? I mean, it’s not like stating, over and over again, how great SGU is and/or bashing anyone with an opposing opinion is actually productive or actually accomplishing anything. Perhaps they should look into the ASPCA link provided here or into a link leading somewhere else with information pertaining to a more worthwhile endeavor.

An argument from the pro-SGU crowd would probably be that they enjoy posting and talking about the show. I understand that, and I can support that. However, the same thing can be said for people here – the people here enjoy posting and they enjoy talking about the show just like the posters at Gateworld. Whether a group discusses the merits or the lack of merits for the show is beside the point. The opinion one holds about the show is irrelevant as both sides of the coin are equal in terms of actual productivity.

In the grand scheme of things, people from both sides of the issue could definitely be doing more productive things with their time. However, not everything we do is about the grand scheme. Not everything we do is about being productive within that grand scheme. We also need to take time for things that are frivolous and for things that are meaningless, like discussing the pros and cons of an inconsequential television show. We need to vent. We need to express ourselves. We need to laugh. From that perspective, maybe our time is really not so unproductive after all with this. Yeah, our time could be spent more wisely and more meaningfully, but taking some time out from that grand scheme isn’t necessarily unwise or meaningless.

Also, just an additional thought to mull over for all of the SGU supporters that may read this. Perhaps instead of being defensive about opposing opinions to the show that you like, whether they are expressed eloquently or ineloquently, you could be more productive in how you approach the people who have those opinions. Perhaps being an advocate for the show and attempting real discussion instead of sarcasm would help people to better see and understand what it is that you like about the show. Perhaps taking the role of advocates may have also kept more viewers watching the program. Personally, if I were involved in a good, deep, honest discussion concerning the elements of the show, both good and bad, I would have continued to watch it because that discussion would have been interesting for me. As I stated at the beginning of this paragraph, it’s just something to mull over.

Regards,
Dave

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

This response isn’t specifically for calibos, but for all pro-SGU posters who make similar statements.

Statements like this

hold absolutely no value. Why? Because anyone here could easily say “The fact that anyone is ‘fighting for/defending' a tv show is one cup of 'funny' mixed with a cup and a half of 'sad' and blended together with 6 ounces of 'shut the **** up'.

It's ridiculous. There are sooo many more things out there that are actually worth ‘fighting for/defending'. Imagine if the folks who whine the most about ‘how great’ SGU ‘is’ actually did something productive with their time?”

For a startling example, let’s take a look at that core of fifteen to twenty posters over on the SGU boards at Gateworld. Christ, those people are in every thread, multiple times, sometimes with twenty, thirty or forty posts per day. A lot of them have 15,000 posts, 20,000 posts or more. They post all the time, almost obsessively. Surely they have more productive things that they could be doing with their time? I mean, it’s not like stating, over and over again, how great SGU is and/or bashing anyone with an opposing opinion is actually productive or actually accomplishing anything. Perhaps they should look into the ASPCA link provided here or into a link leading somewhere else with information pertaining to a more worthwhile endeavor.

An argument from the pro-SGU crowd would probably be that they enjoy posting and talking about the show. I understand that, and I can support that. However, the same thing can be said for people here – the people here enjoy posting and they enjoy talking about the show just like the posters at Gateworld. Whether a group discusses the merits or the lack of merits for the show is beside the point. The opinion one holds about the show is irrelevant as both sides of the coin are equal in terms of actual productivity.

In the grand scheme of things, people from both sides of the issue could definitely be doing more productive things with their time. However, not everything we do is about the grand scheme. Not everything we do is about being productive within that grand scheme. We also need to take time for things that are frivolous and for things that are meaningless, like discussing the pros and cons of an inconsequential television show. We need to vent. We need to express ourselves. We need to laugh. From that perspective, maybe our time is really not so unproductive after all with this. Yeah, our time could be spent more wisely and more meaningfully, but taking some time out from that grand scheme isn’t necessarily unwise or meaningless.

Also, just an additional thought to mull over for all of the SGU supporters that may read this. Perhaps instead of being defensive about opposing opinions to the show that you like, whether they are expressed eloquently or ineloquently, you could be more productive in how you approach the people who have those opinions. Perhaps being an advocate for the show and attempting real discussion instead of sarcasm would help people to better see and understand what it is that you like about the show. Perhaps taking the role of advocates may have also kept more viewers watching the program. Personally, if I were involved in a good, deep, honest discussion concerning the elements of the show, both good and bad, I would have continued to watch it because that discussion would have been interesting for me. As I stated at the beginning of this paragraph, it’s just something to mull over.

Regards,
Dave

As usual, a very thoughtful, articulate piece Uxmaltrekker matey. I agree with you entirely.

I have to agree with you on the points you made regarding "time better spent". When I am not working or at the gym (or the pub) I come to this place to vent. I vent because this is a place I can vent about how I feel the name of my favourite TV has been debased.

I have never posted at GW so I'm not here due to the censorship that goes on over there, I have never registered to post on any internet forum - this is my first & probably my only instance (unless Doctor Who or Star Trek get raped aswell) The reason this will be my only one is that I have taken SGU personally as a SG fan of old so that is why I post here.

Suuuure, I could be doing other things with my time quite happily but I have CHOSEN to post here, not through some sense of inactivity, boredom or lack of hobbies but because I WANT to. There is no coercion. I happen to really enjoy the discussions & banter with people here, like-minded or otherwise. Regarding the pro-SGU lobby tarring all members of this forum who are not of their same belief system with the same brush re: "time better spent"; that to me smacks of hypocrisy & is also quite insulting.

Anyway, just thought I'd interject there & hopefully build on what you have already said (if that's even possible) :D

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
As usual, a very thoughtful, articulate piece Uxmaltrekker matey. I agree with you entirely.

I have to agree with you on the points you made regarding "time better spent". When I am not working or at the gym (or the pub) I come to this place to vent. I vent because this is a place I can vent about how I feel the name of my favourite TV has been debased.

I have never posted at GW so I'm not here due to the censorship that goes on over there, I have never registered to post on any internet forum - this is my first & probably my only instance (unless Doctor Who or Star Trek get raped aswell) The reason this will be my only one is that I have taken SGU personally as a SG fan of old so that is why I post here.

Suuuure, I could be doing other things with my time quite happily but I have CHOSEN to post here, not through some sense of inactivity, boredom or lack of hobbies but because I WANT to. There is no coercion. I happen to really enjoy the discussions & banter with people here, like-minded or otherwise. Regarding the pro-SGU lobby tarring all members of this forum who are not of their same belief system with the same brush re: "time better spent"; that to me smacks of hypocrisy & is also quite insulting.

Anyway, just thought I'd interject there & hopefully build on what you have already said (if that's even possible) :D

or, you could have the treadmill next to the bar at the pub and drink, run and post on here, therefore using your time to its fullest!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

or, you could have the treadmill next to the bar at the pub and drink, run and post on here, therefore using your time to its fullest!

Yes I think I may have to invest in a beer hat so I can get the pints poored into the hopper at the top & not spill any of it. You are a genius.

Although I might look a little perculiar.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Yes I think I may have to invest in a beer hat so I can get the pints poored into the hopper at the top & not spill any of it. You are a genius.

Although I might look a little perculiar.

hey you could be duff man beer hat at the ready :D

UxmalTrekker

K'inich Yax K'uk'Mo'

Suuuure, I could be doing other things with my time quite happily but I have CHOSEN to post here, not through some sense of inactivity, boredom or lack of hobbies but because I WANT to. There is no coercion. I happen to really enjoy the discussions & banter with people here, like-minded or otherwise.

Thanks Robbie!

I know that I do a lot of things that are ‘a waste of time’. But then I also do a lot of things that aren’t a waste of time. Well, at least they aren’t to me. I spent twelve years working for a large corporation and I truly hated it. Now, my boss and the executives at the company would say that my time there was highly productive and well spent, but I personally feel that my time was wasted, because I hated it. I stayed for as long as I did due to the large paycheck. Hindsight tells me that was definitely the wrong reason to stay and that it certainly didn’t make my time there worthwhile to me. In fact, my time here has been more personally satisfying. And even though I’m not doing anything that could be considered even remotely important in relation to that grand scheme by posting here, it is still more worthwhile to me than twelve years of corporate life, because I actually enjoy it. Decompression of the mind and a platform from which I can interject my thoughts are satisfying to me. But hey, that’s just my own little personal perspective.

Regarding the pro-SGU lobby tarring all members of this forum who are not of their same belief system with the same brush re: "time better spent"; that to me smacks of hypocrisy & is also quite insulting.

As far as this goes, yeah, it is both hypocritical and insulting. I know that Atlantis wrote a very good post (I think it appeared in an issue of the newspaper if I remember correctly) detailing how each generalized argument like this could be turned right back on the pro-SGU people who were making them, but I felt it necessary to confront this one directly. And although I hate seeing ridiculous comments like this, I can’t help but chuckle at the fact that those making them don’t realize that they are insulting both sides with these statements, including themselves.

It is and you did! Thanks again!

PS)
Adding to stclare’s scenario of the treadmill at the pub with a drink, being the proper Brit, you will also need a bag of crisps and some Q.I. or football on the telly in order to get the whole experience.

Regards,
Dave

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Adding to stclare’s scenario of the treadmill at the pub with a drink, being the proper Brit, you will also need a bag of crisps and some Q.I. or football on the telly in order to get the whole experience.

Rathar than QI or football on the telly it would most likely be Britain's Got Talent :puke:or football.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I put my money on 3 days

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
There is another interesting thread on Gateworld:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76671-The-Constructive-Criticism-Thread+

I bet this thread won't survive long, because I think it is IMPOSSIBLE that the Gateworld moderators think that all the criticism is "constructive", even when it is REALLY constructive. It is just that TOO MANY GW MODERATORS see all kind of criticism as unconstructive and SGU bashing.

So I give the thread at most a day until it will be deleted or at least closed.

Does anyone else want to make a bet? :D

I put my money on 3 days

as soon as someone dares to really criticize the show the thread will be closed. right now it is the squeedrones being silly...but once a serious critique appears...it's going to be gone. ;)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
as soon as someone dares to really criticize the show the thread will be closed. right now it is the squeedrones being silly...but once a serious critique appears...it's going to be gone. ;)
Ugh, i'd write one, but i'm too tired to be arsed :p

Maybe tomorrow if the thread is still open :p

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's back

the thread is back, with a warning about derailing it. Perhaps they thought if they canned it, they would merely prove my comments correct??

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I get an error page when I clicked on the link to the thread.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
From what I can tell, the entire GW site has gone to pot ATM. Trust me though, the tread was back

Will

GateFans Noob
Hmm, I think this thread on GW would be an ideal candidate for UxmalTrekker's awesome "freaking long post of SGU suckage" from the old forums (with perhaps a different heading). That was sooo well written and there's nothing in it that could possibly be justifiably censored. I defy anyone to argue with that masterpiece.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Hmm, I think this thread on GW would be an ideal candidate for UxmalTrekker's awesome "freaking long post of SGU suckage" from the old forums (with perhaps a different heading). That was sooo well written and there's nothing in it that could possibly be justifiably censored. I defy anyone to argue with that masterpiece.

Just to let you know, he reposted that on the new forum. I think it's in the sgu general section.

Status
Not open for further replies.