Game of Thrones - Season Two!!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
That wolf going down was worse than Mamoa dying. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
April 1st??
Opening a new season opposite Wrestlemainia when there may be crossover viewers.........., not a good idea IMHO

SciphonicStranger

April 1st??
Opening a new season opposite Wrestlemainia when there may be crossover viewers.........., not a good idea IMHO

Good Lord, Wrestlemania is the same night? Thank God HBO does not count on ratings. :P

SciphonicStranger

OK, the new episode is on now. Here we go! :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hmm... You know what bugs me about this show are the supernatural elements. I mean, the intrigue between kingdoms is very realistic and believable but then they will cut to a brief scene with baby dragons which is just lame. It completely destroys the premise for me.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Hmm... You know what bugs me about this show are the supernatural elements. I mean, the intrigue between kingdoms is very realistic and believable but then they will cut to a brief scene with baby dragons which is just lame. It completely destroys the premise for me.

It's a fantasy show. Isn't that kind of like getting annoyed at the orcs and talking trees in Lord of the Rings?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's a fantasy show. Isn't that kind of like getting annoyed at the orcs and talking trees in Lord of the Rings?

Nope, not at all. Orcs and talking trees are integral to LOTR and it's a given they are in those stories. What I'm saying is that GOT would work just fine without the supernatural BS as that seems to be the main focus of the show anyway. The baby dragons are like an afterthought. Very weird and distracting to be honest.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, you're going to have to take that up with George RR Martin. He apparently has a plan for them. I've read all the books so far and he's made it into a hell of a mess.

Indeed, he may have written himself into a corner, so we'll see what happens.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, you're going to have to take that up with George RR Martin. He apparently has a plan for them. I've read all the books so far and he's made it into a hell of a mess.

Well it's just weird because they focus so much on the realistic warring kingdoms, which is believable, but then toss in this mystical stuff on occasion.

The show is very stylish and well produced though. They put a lot of effort into creating it.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

Hmmm I'm midway through A Dance with Dragons and I agree he's expanded the story to a near uncontrollable scope. The proof will be in the next novel though. Given the quality and extremely fast pace of A Storm of Swords I wouldn't put it past him to steer it back to greatness. Either way I think he has an excellent writing style so I'm in it to the end.

@Shavedape - I agree that the show/books could easily work without the supernatural stuff but it becomes crucial later on. I never found it an issue in the books though, I wonder if it comes across as a little more jarring for TV only viewers. Either way there's still plenty of medieval content even if your not keen on the fantasy elements.
I'd really like to see someone take this much care and attention to a sci-fi series (both from producers and the studios).

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Haha, guess I'm one of the few that is still stupefied by the success of this series, writing and series. But I guess I'll keep watching due to the lack of fantasy that's not 'urbanized', even if the fantasy is watered down and silly politics.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Clever Tyrion or whatever his name is. Used some disinformation, wish Cersi would die soon. Guess nobility and wealth doesn't guarantee a good education, just childlike attitudes and mindset.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

I have actually given up on his books...too much gratuitous "ick" and not enough interesting story. :p

Hmmm I'm midway through A Dance with Dragons and I agree he's expanded the story to a near uncontrollable scope. The proof will be in the next novel though. Given the quality and extremely fast pace of A Storm of Swords I wouldn't put it past him to steer it back to greatness. Either way I think he has an excellent writing style so I'm in it to the end.

@Shavedape - I agree that the show/books could easily work without the supernatural stuff but it becomes crucial later on. I never found it an issue in the books though, I wonder if it comes across as a little more jarring for TV only viewers. Either way there's still plenty of medieval content even if your not keen on the fantasy elements.
I'd really like to see someone take this much care and attention to a sci-fi series (both from producers and the studios).
you are braver than i am...haven't even looked at a dance with dragons. :P

Clever Tyrion or whatever his name is. Used some disinformation, wish Cersi would die soon. Guess nobility and wealth doesn't guarantee a good education, just childlike attitudes and mindset.

he was my favorite character! yeah cersi and the incest storyline was waaaay too squick for me. :P

SciphonicStranger

Season two is over. Those dragons sure had some nasty breath. :D