Game of Thrones season 4 sneak peek

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Found this on some other site, GRRM apparently actually wrote this bit involving dragon chick:

masterpiece.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Found this on some other site, GRRM apparently actually wrote this bit involving dragon chick:

View attachment 29880

Lovely. :nightmare: My neighbor who watches this show says that the last episode was the only one that did NOT have some sort of nudity in it. Is that true?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Lovely. :nightmare: My neighbor who watches this show says that the last episode was the only one that did NOT have some sort of nudity in it. Is that true?

I don't remember seeing any last time now that it is mentioned

This season has been more "substantive (all is relative of course)" with less sex and more story

Also, the actress who plays the dragon girl/queen previously told TPTB that she would do no more sex scenes or nudity. In S1 she endured a rape scene from her "husband" played by Jason Mamoa

The passage above--I don't think that it ever made it into the show

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't remember seeing any last time now that it is mentioned

This season has been more "substantive (all is relative of course)" with less sex and more story

Also, the actress who plays the dragon girl/queen previously told TPTB that she would do no more sex scenes or nudity. In S1 she endured a rape scene from her "husband" played by Jason Mamoa

The passage above--I don't think that it ever made it into the show

I really tried to watch it. I have the first 3 seasons in my library, but I have only been able to make it through three of them. Just not my genre! The nudity was not a draw for me. But my neighbor and several of my friends love the show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I really tried to watch it. I have the first 3 seasons in my library, but I have only been able to make it through three of them. Just not my genre! The nudity was not a draw for me. But my neighbor and several of my friends love the show.

For me it is just something else to dvr and watch when there is nothing else on (tv, roku 'channels' etc)

((I have been rewatching all of COLUMBO recently

There is no cop show now or recent that comes even close to COLUMBO. What they lack in quality they attempt to make up with sex, violence and swearing

Incidentally, watching COLUMBO I was prompted to remember who the character of Lt Kavanaugh (THE SHIELD) reminded me of-character wise

It is the character of Columbo--and not just because of the rank or the actor's personal eye issues, but the mannerisms and idiosyncrasies of both each actor and each character are very, very close together.

of course, we never saw Columbo's dark side if he had one

I wonder if Forrest Whittaker watched COLUMBO while he was growing up? ))

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've read the books and watch the series. There are some differences, but not really a lot.

I do understand GRRM's comments about what "war" and that society would be like. You can't pretend that things such as have been depicted don't happen in such situations. Even if they dragged the women off camera and things happened there, people would still be upset and complaining.

And keep in mind that I am a victim of rape and I'm saying this.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've read the books and watch the series. There are some differences, but not really a lot.

I do understand GRRM's comments about what "war" and that society would be like. You can't pretend that things such as have been depicted don't happen in such situations. Even if they dragged the women off camera and things happened there, people would still be upset and complaining.

And keep in mind that I am a victim of rape and I'm saying this.

I didnt know that. Guys who rape and guys who abuse should be castrated.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Cerce...she's a very kinky girl...:P

Which 13yr old does cerce sleep with in the books?

And, do the books describe who initiated the relationship between Cerce and her brother Jaime?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I didnt know that. Guys who rape and guys who abuse should be castrated.
Very slowly.

I was thinking along the same lines as what happened to Theon Greyjoy.
--- merged: May 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM ---
Which 13yr old does cerce sleep with in the books?

And, do the books describe who initiated the relationship between Cerce and her brother Jaime?
Not that I recall. You just find out very early that they're more interested in screwing one another than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
How's that overpriced bundle package requirement working out for you HBO? :smiley-laughing021:

http://torrentfreak.com/game-thrones-makes-history-200000-strong-torrent-swarm-140506/

GAME OF THRONES MAKES HISTORY WITH 200,000 STRONG TORRENT SWARM
For the first time in history more than 200,000 people have shared a single file online at the very same time. A few hours ago Game of Thrones pirates smashed the old record, and a day after the latest episode came online more than 1.5 million people have already grabbed a copy.

Game of Thrones has been the focus of many piracy discussions in recent years, and for good reason.
The HBO hit series has a following of millions of “pirates” who prefer to watch the show through unauthorized channels instead of paid subscriptions.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How's that overpriced bundle package requirement working out for you HBO? :smiley-laughing021:

http://torrentfreak.com/game-thrones-makes-history-200000-strong-torrent-swarm-140506/

GAME OF THRONES MAKES HISTORY WITH 200,000 STRONG TORRENT SWARM
For the first time in history more than 200,000 people have shared a single file online at the very same time. A few hours ago Game of Thrones pirates smashed the old record, and a day after the latest episode came online more than 1.5 million people have already grabbed a copy.

Game of Thrones has been the focus of many piracy discussions in recent years, and for good reason.
The HBO hit series has a following of millions of “pirates” who prefer to watch the show through unauthorized channels instead of paid subscriptions.

I can verify that. :) Its ironic, I dont watch the show because I am not really into it (yet :)), but it being on HBO/cable is not even an issue at all. You can get all aired episodes for every season in a single torrent. New episodes are available about one hour after being aired. This is true of movies too. On opening day (wherever it is, even in China or Russia), any movie that comes out will be online within a day. It starts with a cam version, then a polished up cam version, then a BluRay rip. I still cant feel any guilt for downloading these files. All I have to do is keep my AMC theaters receipt for $6.75 popcorn, $4.50 candy, $4.00 hot dogs and it's $15.00 admission to remind me of how Hollywood and the theaters are shamelessly ripping off patrons. As far as TV, I just am not going to pay for cable, and be forced to buy a bundle of channels just to get HBO. And torrents allow people to get what they want when they want.

If the cable companies were smart, they would offer shows and episodes INDIVIDUALLY at cost, like it is done on iTunes. Or, they could just dump the cable companies and offer subscriptions directly online like Netflix and Hulu. The cable company is a parasite and is no longer an "essential" element in the chain. Continuing to maintain the walled garden relationship with the cable companies will hurt the showrunners more than the users, and the cable companies are already on their way out.

guilt-free-zone.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can verify that. :) Its ironic, I dont watch the show because I am not really into it (yet :)), but it being on HBO/cable is not even an issue at all. You can get all aired episodes for every season in a single torrent. New episodes are available about one hour after being aired. This is true of movies too. On opening day (wherever it is, even in China or Russia), any movie that comes out will be online within a day. It starts with a cam version, then a polished up cam version, then a BluRay rip. I still cant feel any guilt for downloading these files. All I have to do is keep my AMC theaters receipt for $6.75 popcorn, $4.50 candy, $4.00 hot dogs and it's $15.00 admission to remind me of how Hollywood and the theaters are shamelessly ripping off patrons. As far as TV, I just am not going to pay for cable, and be forced to buy a bundle of channels just to get HBO. And torrents allow people to get what they want when they want.

If the cable companies were smart, they would offer shows and episodes INDIVIDUALLY at cost, like it is done on iTunes. Or, they could just dump the cable companies and offer subscriptions directly online like Netflix and Hulu. The cable company is a parasite and is no longer an "essential" element in the chain. Continuing to maintain the walled garden relationship with the cable companies will hurt the showrunners more than the users, and the cable companies are already on their way out.

View attachment 29902

This is it exactly. All the comments I read regarding the GoT torrent downloads were from people stating the desire for individual "ala carte" options. It's not that most people don't want to pay for the content it's that they aren't given any choice in terms of what they have to pay for. When I go to the grocery store I want to buy a steak, not the whole steer or even a side of beef. Just the steak. There's absolutely no good reason that cable companies can't offer this same type of option to their customers.

So they are taking it in the butt and I, for one, ain't crying over it.