Game of Thrones season 4 sneak peek

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I liked the bits with the actors. The opinions regarding Joffrey were priceless, but I would love to have seen Jack's own response to the question. ROTFLMAO

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I say HBO is losing patience with Martin. There has been speculation that the show will outrun the material and Martin's series will be ended on tv before he writes the books

I m glad I did not read the books, I am sure it would be driving me crazy watching the show

Anyhow, I think this season is a great deal more watchable than last season, seems a little more coherent.

So I am guessing that whenever it ends, we will see something like these white walkers invading south taking over Westeros despite newly made alliances to defeat them

The Dragon Queen chickie will, by then, finally be coming into Westeros, and she and her Dragons will be the only way to stop the white walkers (since we got a preview in season 1 of how fire is the only way to kill the walkers-I am going with that)

All the other stories in between will add to nothing since the main battle will between fire and ice at the end (of course the fire god witch and her religion may prove helpful as well)

Its my guess and I am sticking to it

Probably have to wait 10 yrs to get an ending though

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...iler_n_5227515.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

B

Backstep

I say HBO is losing patience with Martin. There has been speculation that the show will outrun the material and Martin's series will be ended on tv before he writes the books

I m glad I did not read the books, I am sure it would be driving me crazy watching the show

Anyhow, I think this season is a great deal more watchable than last season, seems a little more coherent.

So I am guessing that whenever it ends, we will see something like these white walkers invading south taking over Westeros despite newly made alliances to defeat them

The Dragon Queen chickie will, by then, finally be coming into Westeros, and she and her Dragons will be the only way to stop the white walkers (since we got a preview in season 1 of how fire is the only way to kill the walkers-I am going with that)

All the other stories in between will add to nothing since the main battle will between fire and ice at the end (of course the fire god witch and her religion may prove helpful as well)

Its my guess and I am sticking to it

Probably have to wait 10 yrs to get an ending though

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...iler_n_5227515.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

You can kill the white walkers with obsidian as Sam did last season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
O
You can kill the white walkers with obsidian as Sam did last season.

Oh yeah, that too

They can outfit the dragons with obsidian rocket launchers

I am pretty sure we will see a renewed use of that green fire stuff as well

B

Backstep

O

Oh yeah, that too

They can outfit the dragons with obsidian rocket launchers

I am pretty sure we will see a renewed use of that green fire stuff as well

Rocket launchers are a bit much, arrow heads and spear tip of obsidian can be useful.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
oh I can spoil it all for you (yep read the books)
sex, incest, dirty nasty sex, violence, the kinky chick and the dragon, the white walkers destroying people/places,joffery being cunningly sarcastic

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
oh I can spoil it all for you (yep read the books)
sex, incest, dirty nasty sex, violence, the kinky chick and the dragon, the white walkers destroying people/places,joffery being cunningly sarcastic

all of that has already happened, and Joffrey is dead--I think the show is already positioned to pass up the books, Dont see how MArtin can write quick enough to suit HBO's needs

Don't think they are going to put one of their most pop shows on an indefinite hiatus just so a writer can sort out his thoughts

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
oh wow so they ahve passed by the fourth book already? but you know the sex, nasty sex, and incestuous sex continues on and on.....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
oh wow so they ahve passed by the fourth book already? but you know the sex, nasty sex, and incestuous sex continues on and on.....
Well if that is when Joffrey is offed, than yes, past book 4

Is that when the "ICE KING" or whoever was revealed in the book? Because some fans are peaved that he was shown in last weeks ep..saying that he hasn't been in the books yet

Maybe Martin will just finish his story via HBO and forget about print?

After having been part of such a large creative and production staff, for him to go back to writing alone may be difficult

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
all of that has already happened, and Joffrey is dead--I think the show is already positioned to pass up the books, Dont see how MArtin can write quick enough to suit HBO's needs

Don't think they are going to put one of their most pop shows on an indefinite hiatus just so a writer can sort out his thoughts

I have been told that George R. R. Martin told HBO the basic outline of the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire series in case he is unable to finish them before he croaks.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have been told that George R. R. Martin told HBO the basic outline of the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire series in case he is unable to finish them before he croaks.

I can easily believe that-at least that is a good exit for him from writing books

He has already cashed in on this anyhow, why bother with print media when he has the HBO resources on his team (or he on theirs)?

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
He should have enough money to just hire ghost writers at this point under his direction. They have one more book of material to cover for one more season: Dance of Dragons. So he has about a yr. and half to finish the next book, well probably a yr. since they have to film and write up the screenplays and whatnot.

Regardless, a shit overrated series of a shitty overrated book series by an overrated, possibly pedophile author (most of his main characters are teens and kids). Think I've already gone into why I consider his series crappy in some other thread.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He should have enough money to just hire ghost writers at this point under his direction. They have one more book of material to cover for one more season: Dance of Dragons. So he has about a yr. and half to finish the next book, well probably a yr. since they have to film and write up the screenplays and whatnot.

Regardless, a shit overrated series of a shitty overrated book series by an overrated, possibly pedophile author (most of his main characters are teens and kids). Think I've already gone into why I consider his series crappy in some other thread.

I would say there is a strong possibility of vicarious pedophilia and/or adult rape going on with this guy

Last weeks ep had Joffrey's widow sneaking into the new king's bedroom
for a sex laden talk (just talk). in the book, did she actually have sex with the kid?
I am thinking that HBO would not go through with that kind of sex scene--older girl hopping on a 13 yr old
--------------------------------------------------------
I already had issues with the show JUST based on the guys name--I mean how convenient is it that he is writing a fantasy series in a Tolkien-esqe manner and he just happened to be named at birth with nearly the same initials as Tolkien? ===J.R.R.-- G.R.R.

I think he may have done some name retconning a long while back to get a sort of name recognition

I only watch because I don't like giving up on things I started on, even if I am not all that fond of the book or show, I try to finish all of them.

I think the only book I ever gave up on was THE RUSSIA HOUSE-now that was a pure snooze fest

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I would say there is a strong possibility of vicarious pedophilia and/or adult rape going on with this guy

Last weeks ep had Joffrey's widow sneaking into the new king's bedroom
for a sex laden talk (just talk). in the book, did she actually have sex with the kid?
I am thinking that HBO would not go through with that kind of sex scene--older girl hopping on a 13 yr old
--------------------------------------------------------
I already had issues with the show JUST based on the guys name--I mean how convenient is it that he is writing a fantasy series in a Tolkien-esqe manner and he just happened to be named at birth with nearly the same initials as Tolkien? ===J.R.R.-- G.R.R.

I think he may have done some name retconning a long while back to get a sort of name recognition

I only watch because I don't like giving up on things I started on, even if I am not all that fond of the book or show, I try to finish all of them.

I think the only book I ever gave up on was THE RUSSIA HOUSE-now that was a pure snooze fest

the books were nasty- like you, I don't like to give up on something so after i read the first one I read the second....barely made it through and started the 3rd- gave up after 50 or so pages. :P yes the queen had sex w/a 13 yr old. child sexual abuse is a theme throughout the books oh and beastility. that dragon is kinky! :smiley-015:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the books were nasty- like you, I don't like to give up on something so after i read the first one I read the second....barely made it through and started the 3rd- gave up after 50 or so pages. :P yes the queen had sex w/a 13 yr old. child sexual abuse is a theme throughout the books oh and beastility. that dragon is kinky! :smiley-015:

By the queen do you mean Joffrey's widow or Cerce?