Galaxy Quest - What a fun scifi classic!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Nah, the shows are in different genres. :) As fun and awesome as it is, Galaxy Quest is a fantasy comedy and not science fiction. It would have been competing with stuff like the Austin Powers movies which were being shown at that time. I missed it too! I was far too serious about my Star Trek devotion to want to see a parody of it, so I never saw Galaxy Quest until this March. I feel so ashamed! Funniest movie I have seen in a long time. One of my top 10 lifetime favorites now. :)

The scene which gets me rolling is when they are in the limousine and the Termites are explaining who they are and Tim Allen is trying to chat up Laliari, and they explain that Laliari's translator is broken and she suddenly opens her mouth and her alien language comes out and see the look on Tim Allen's face I lose it.

I love the way they had Alan Rickman's character, a Shakespearean trained actor, resent his typecasting as Dr. Lazarus. It rings true for certain actors who have found themselves in the same predicament.

75001.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love the way they had Alan Rickman's character, a Shakespearean trained actor, resent his typecasting as Dr. Lazarus. It rings true for certain actors who have found themselves in the same predicament.

View attachment 31381

The way he did his part at the Tech World opening was hilarious! He looked like he was in actual pain when he said "By Grabthar's Hammer..wh...what a savings" :happy0007:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I love Galaxy Quest too. In part because it was hilarious but also in part because it told a real story underneath the laughs. Every one of the old show stars has an arc in the film and they all grow as characters. and among the Thermians Malthezar grows into their leader during the film.