Fedcon 2011 in Germany - Update

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
For those who don't know, the Fedcon is Europe's largest Startrek & Sci-Fi convention. Last year's edition taking place in Bonn (Germany) became known for breaking the the world record for the number of people wearing realistic Startrek costumes & uniforms at any given moment: a whopping 507 compared to the former Guiness Book record of 99! The undisputed stars of the convention were David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan (who only confirmed his presence a few days in advance). Visitors stood up to 3 hrs. for a photo session with both actors. Other notable guests were Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell (ST: TNG & ST: DS9), Cliff Simon (SG-1), Manu Intiraymi & Martha Hackett (ST: Voy) and Kandyse McClure, Tahmoh Penikett & Aaron Douglas (nBSG).

This year's 20th anniversary edition will take place from April 28th to May 1st 2011 in the Maritim Hotel Düsseldorf, Germany. This is the list of guest stars confirmed thus far:

Picture 6.png Picture 7.png

As usual, more will be announced as the event date approaches. Stay tuned! :)

Official website: www.fedcon.de

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
For those who don't know, the Fedcon is Europe's largest Startrek & Sci-Fi convention. Last year's edition taking place in Bonn (Germany) became known for breaking the the world record for the number of people wearing realistic Startrek costumes & uniforms at any given moment: a whopping 507 compared to the former Guiness Book record of 99! The undisputed stars of the convention were David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan (who only confirmed his presence a few days in advance). Visitors stood up to 3 hrs. for a photo session with both actors. Other notable guests were Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell (ST: TNG & ST: DS9), Cliff Simon (SG-1), Manu Intiraymi & Martha Hackett (ST: Voy) and Kandyse McClure, Tahmoh Penikett & Aaron Douglas (nBSG).

This year's 20th anniversary edition will take place from April 28th to May 1st 2011 in the Maritim Hotel Düsseldorf, Germany. This is the list of guest stars confirmed thus far:

View attachment 3308 View attachment 3309

As usual, more will be announced as the event date approaches. Stay tuned! :)

Official website: www.fedcon.de

WOW they have a lot of diverse actors going there. I love Gigi :)

DH & JF did a lot of conventions together last year and the chemistry and froendship was realy great to see.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Anyone planning to go there?
I am! :)

My wife has promised me a "children free" day or two at the con, so it will just be a matter of my work schedule allowing for the travel. And then I'll have to choose the days according to what's planned.

Are you going too? Were you there last year in Bonn?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Breaking news!

As expected, a new star guest has just been announced for the Fedcon:

Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 14.13.55.png

This might not seem big at first, but Bakula has never been to a convention in Germany before (and who knows when he'll return...).

So there you go, ST:Ent fans! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
As expected, a new star guest has just been announced for the Fedcon:

View attachment 3432

This might not seem big at first, but Bakula has never been to a convention in Germany before (and who knows when he'll return...).

So there you go, ST:Ent fans! :)

not just ST:ENT but how about Quantum leap...it was scifi- a bit of a freaky show at times, but interesting most of the time. :) Lucky you! maybe I should try the chicago con this year...i am merely 4 hours south....

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
I am! :)

My wife has promised me a "children free" day or two at the con, so it will just be a matter of my work schedule allowing for the travel. And then I'll have to choose the days according to what's planned.

Are you going too? Were you there last year in Bonn?

Not sure. Maybe when I will get the weekend off. But it's the last week of spring-hiatus and I'm not married and don't have kids so it's nearly impossible -except sunday. And sunday? Mh, have to spend a look at the program.
Last year was first planned to go but then ... no, I missed the show :(.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I liked QL, but my freaky brain couldnt get behind all the kissing and stuff in other peoples bodies :( hey that sounds familiar!

I always wondered if that was what gave TPTW the idea. :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
One more interesting new guest!

Breaking news again:

Screen shot 2011-03-11 at 15.22.41.png

So, while Teryl Rothery isn't such a big star as RDA, Bakula or Dirk Benedict, she stands beside Paul McGillion as another one of the most likeable 2nd row SG characters.
Perhaps one more reason to consider a little trip to Germany in April/May for the yet still undecided :)

More surprise announcements are bound to come in (I have some favorites I'm still hoping for), so I'll keep you guys updated.

Tropicana

Council Member
I saw her (Teryl Rothery) on "Alice" last night. I recorded the "movie" on Sky+ weeks ago as it was on SyfyHD but didn't get time to watch it until yesterday. It was very entertaining.

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
Sad that TR is cancelled now :(. Good is I will be able to go from Friday on :) (okay, I could also getting free the Thursday but I don't want to leave my coworker with too much work to do). A meeting, Mr. A?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Sad that TR is cancelled now :(. Good is I will be able to go from Friday on :) (okay, I could also getting free the Thursday but I don't want to leave my coworker with too much work to do). A meeting, Mr. A?
Oops, sorry Hyndi - I missed this. Only made the decision this evening.

Anyway, going to the Fedcon tomorrow! :joy: :joy: :joy:

What's on the program?
Let's see... Panel with Robbie McNeill (ST:Voy Lt. Paris), panel with Sean Maher (Firefly Dr. Tam), panel with Richard Dean Anderson (yoohoo!), panel with Scott Bakula (ST:Ent Capt. Archer), skip Martina Sirtis (:eek:) and panel with Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett). Then of course the large autogram and photo session blocks (looking forward to all those mentioned before plus a chat with Nicole DeBoer, Garrett Wang and McKay's little sister ;))