Fed Up

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I still don't see a problem with checking off "I hereby promise to will eat well and kiss my wife every morning" on a medical form. It's such a non enforceable feel-good statement more than anything else. They just wanna make sure you read it.

It wouldn't matter. Declaring you're gonna eat your greens on a medical form isn't a binding contract they can use as a technicality to deny a heart attack coverage.

"Well, your honor, the heart attack victim did not eat his greens per form VX18-00923 in which he agreed he would. We have here a sworn affidavit from his child that he saw his father move the fork full of brussel sprouts past his mouth, in a poor attempt to fool the onlookers into believing he was actually eating them, and simply throw them away behind his shoulder. The affidavit goes on to detail how they would roll down his father's back and collect in his buttcrack while wearing loose pants, at which point he would proceed to the washroom and dispose of them."

Gx8aZw8.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're kidding, right?

My younger brother once asked me to sign a "contract" that listed "No changing the channel when cartoons are on", and "No head lock allowed" when playing (I used to do that a lot :)). It was on a piece of grid paper, and had a special seal he drew on it. I was 14 and he was 12 years old. :) This sounds like that to me. Of course, he got head locked a couple of days later.:smiley-laughing021:

How the hell do you enforce silly nanny rules like that? How does any of it make it into print? :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
My younger brother once asked me to sign a "contract" that listed "No changing the channel when cartoons are on", and "No head lock allowed" when playing (I used to do that a lot :)). It was on a piece of grid paper, and had a special seal he drew on it. I was 14 and he was 12 years old. :) This sounds like that to me. Of course, he got head locked a couple of days later.:smiley-laughing021:

How the hell do you enforce silly nanny rules like that? How does any of it make it into print? :)

I think the idea behind that is more about spreading awareness that one should take better care of themselves. I cannot imagine for a moment that any of it is even remotely enforceable or that anyone behind these things intended them to be.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
"Well, your honor, the heart attack victim did not eat his greens per form VX18-00923 in which he agreed he would. We have here a sworn affidavit from his child that he saw his father move the fork full of brussel sprouts past his mouth, in a poor attempt to fool the onlookers into believing he was actually eating them, and simply throw them away behind his shoulder. The affidavit goes on to detail how they would roll down his father's back and collect in his buttcrack while wearing loose pants, at which point he would proceed to the washroom and dispose of them."

I like Brussel Sprouts.