Fed Up

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well I haven't had a single sugary drink for years now and I am still struggling to lose fat. With all of the things I have done, which were eat a lot of vegetables exercise regularly.

The only processed food is protein powder but that's for recovery the rest of my food comes from eating vegetables and quinoa.

I think it's very hard to stop people it's like cigarettes it is like an addiction once you crave it you can't really stop and let's face it the human race is too stubborn to give it away, we are too spoiled.

Water is huge in losing weight. HUGE. It makes the difference between success and failure. In the beginning of Atkins, not drinking enough water actually stalled me. 5 liters a day, no less. :) You can save big by getting a filter pitcher like a Brita, then refilling 1-liter bottles and putting them in the fridge. I have 5 empty Fiji water bottles which are 1-liter each. By the end of the day, if I do not have 5 empty bottles ready to refill, then I guzzle the remainder.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Water is huge in losing weight. HUGE. It makes the difference between success and failure. In the beginning of Atkins, not drinking enough water actually stalled me. 5 liters a day, no less. :) You can save big by getting a filter pitcher like a Brita, then refilling 1-liter bottles and putting them in the fridge. I have 5 empty Fiji water bottles which are 1-liter each. By the end of the day, if I do not have 5 empty bottles ready to refill, then I guzzle the remainder.
I drink shit loads of water man this comes fruits, water alone I drink and the milk as well. Yet, I am still struggling to lose fat the fat loss has been really really really slow.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well I haven't had a single sugary drink for years now and I am still struggling to lose fat. With all of the things I have done, which were eat a lot of vegetables exercise regularly.

The only processed food is protein powder but that's for recovery the rest of my food comes from eating vegetables and quinoa.

I think it's very hard to stop people it's like cigarettes it is like an addiction once you crave it you can't really stop and let's face it the human race is too stubborn to give it away, we are too spoiled.

I can help you with the losing fat part. Looks like a minor diet adjustment.

Bluce Ree

I drink shit loads of water man this comes fruits, water alone I drink and the milk as well. Yet, I am still struggling to lose fat the fat loss has been really really really slow.

Diet adjustment. Most people think they're doing it correctly when, in fact, they are not. It takes more than following that food pyramid to get it right.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I can help you with the losing fat part. Looks like a minor diet adjustment.
Like what then? I eat a lot of protein as well. I only eat quinoa after a workout and the only protein I can get are from lentils, egg whites and protein powder and maybe even quinoa that's pretty much it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Protein is good for stopping appetite in its tracks.

Protein is self-limiting. The problem is that it does not usually taste that good by itself. People tend to season it or mix it with other foods that are higher carb.

Bluce Ree

Like what then? I eat a lot of protein as well. I only eat quinoa after a workout and the only protein I can get are from lentils, egg whites and protein powder and maybe even quinoa that's pretty much it.

Most people believe they're on the right track until we break down the macros of what they eat and the frequency of their meals. Physical activity also plays a major role but most of the work takes place in the kitchen.

I take it you're vegetarian? What does you typical day of meals look like?

Maybe we should move this discussion into the Building your Body thread. OM1 also has an excellent grip on this type of thing and can offer great first-hand advice.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Most people believe they're on the right track until we break down the macros of what they eat and the frequency of their meals. Physical activity also plays a major role but most of the work takes place in the kitchen.

I take it you're vegetarian? What does you typical day of meals look like?

Maybe we should move this discussion into the Building your Body thread. OM1 also has an excellent grip on this type of thing and can offer great first-hand advice.
I think we've had the discussion with my brother aka Heisenberg before here as well :) I workout 5 times a week man and plus I walk & run to work.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Come on, dude. Those are moral checks, just things of which you should be aware. It's a not a mandatory list of shit to which you agreed that will cost you a jail sentence if you go back on any of it. Nobody is going to glue a gov't spook to your ass to make sure you eat healthy just because you checked "I agree".

Um ... no.

Schooling should be partly subsidized by government as it is in every other country in the world. Only foreign students should have to foot the full bill for their studies.

Nope.

Also ... no.

If I do not sign those VA "agreements" every time I go in for a checkup/appt then the VA can refuse me treatment with the only exception being for emergency care

When I was going to school with the VA paying, if I refused to meet with my VA case handler (in the CHptr 31 program) then the VA would have canceled my tuition/cost of living payments

When one takes govt money one must play by their rules.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think we've had the discussion with my brother aka Heisenberg before here as well :) I workout 5 times a week man and plus I walk & run to work.

Wait...heisenberg is your real life brother? If so, then you two are the only related members at GateFans!

Bluce Ree

Unless your diet is spot on, all the exercise in the world won't make a dent.

Bluce Ree

If I do not sign those VA "agreements" every time I go in for a checkup/appt then the VA can refuse me treatment with the only exception being for emergency care

When I was going to school with the VA paying, if I refused to meet with my VA case handler (in the CHptr 31 program) then the VA would have canceled my tuition/cost of living payments

When one takes govt money one must play by their rules.

Yeah but, again, they're mere suggestions. That's it. If I have to check a box that says "Make sure to call your mom and tell her you love her at least once a day" to get a free checkup then so be it. It doesn't mean they're gonna police it. That, to me, is a non-issue.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah but, again, they're mere suggestions. That's it. If I have to check a box that says "Make sure to call your mom and tell her you love her at least once a day" to get a free checkup then so be it. It doesn't mean they're gonna police it. That, to me, is a non-issue.

Yeah but your probably in the position to buy all of the health care you need aren't you?

True, I have my coverage from the Army as a retiree that has far less "nanny" rules, but there is a co-pay. My service connected issues are fully covered by the VA. Additionally, to have them fund me for school (BECAUSE of the program I used based on disability) I had to enroll in VA healthcare first

But yes, one could just check yes, nod your head "north,south" and be on with it, but one would be in a very sticky situation if you presented to the VA with an issue that they say is preventable by following their guidelines.

Bluce Ree

Yeah but your probably in the position to buy all of the health care you need aren't you?

I still don't see a problem with checking off "I hereby promise to will eat well and kiss my wife every morning" on a medical form. It's such a non enforceable feel-good statement more than anything else. They just wanna make sure you read it.

True, I have my coverage from the Army as a retiree that has far less "nanny" rules, but there is a co-pay. My service connected issues are fully covered by the VA. Additionally, to have them fund me for school (BECAUSE of the program I used based on disability) I had to enroll in VA healthcare first

But yes, one could just check yes, nod your head "north,south" and be on with it, but one would be in a very sticky situation if you presented to the VA with an issue that they say is preventable by following their guidelines.

It wouldn't matter. Declaring you're gonna eat your greens on a medical form isn't a binding contract they can use as a technicality to deny a heart attack coverage.

"Well, your honor, the heart attack victim did not eat his greens per form VX18-00923 in which he agreed he would. We have here a sworn affidavit from his child that he saw his father move the fork full of brussel sprouts past his mouth, in a poor attempt to fool the onlookers into believing he was actually eating them, and simply throw them away behind his shoulder. The affidavit goes on to detail how they would roll down his father's back and collect in his buttcrack while wearing loose pants, at which point he would proceed to the washroom and dispose of them."

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I still don't see a problem with checking off "I hereby promise to will eat well and kiss my wife every morning" on a medical form. It's such a non enforceable feel-good statement more than anything else. They just wanna make sure you read it.

It wouldn't matter. Declaring you're gonna eat your greens on a medical form isn't a binding contract they can use as a technicality to deny a heart attack coverage.

"Well, your honor, the heart attack victim did not eat his greens per form VX18-00923 in which he agreed he would. We have here a sworn affidavit from his child that he saw his father move the fork full of brussel sprouts past his mouth, in a poor attempt to fool the onlookers into believing he was actually eating them, and simply throw them away behind his shoulder. The affidavit goes on to detail how they would roll down his father's back and collect in his buttcrack while wearing loose pants, at which point he would proceed to the washroom and dispose of them."

Yes, indeed, however, I am not going to be the one to "test the theory" so to speak :icon_e_smile: