Falling Skies Preview

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Here is a brand new trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_L45yLO0sw

I'll still give it a shot but I hope it's not too emo but yeah already having my doubts. Still, I am not going to pre-judge a show before it has aired.

Looking like DRAMA! (with pew-pew scenes in between) :jack_new04:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Actually, that one is about two months old. Here's the same one but with english text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIlRmVxHmM

As for the show itself, I think it looks pretty damn good. I've been waiting for another good post-apocalyptic action-drama to show up ever since Jericho came to a premature end.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH NO...here we go again. Is this Stargate Universe?

I'll still give it a shot but I hope it's not too emo but yeah already having my doubts. Still, I am not going to pre-judge a show before it has aired.

Oh dear god please dont....its SGU! There is the familiar tinkling piano, the shaky cam scenes, the improbable hottie who always looks like she just came out of The Hair Resort Salon, even when she has to sleep in a garbage truck, you know what I mean....its gonna SUCK. I mean REALLY SUCK. It can already see it.

What that TJ giving CPR to Brad Wright in that clip? OH NO...Falling Skies is going to LITERALLY happen to this show. Just....:facepalm:

This cat just watched that clip.

[video=youtube;C_S5cXbXe-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4

B

Backstep

I really have high hopes for Falling Skies, will watch the first few ep's see how it turns out. If it goes the road of soap-fi then i'm done.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually, that one is about two months old. Here's the same one but with english text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIlRmVxHmM

As for the show itself, I think it looks pretty damn good. I've been waiting for another good post-apocalyptic action-drama to show up ever since Jericho came to a premature end.

I can see through this...the clip I just watched here is not like the show is going to be at all. Its a packaged montage of the best scenes, but its gonna be a soap opera. A futuristic one, but still first and foremost a DRAMA. In fact the last three words of your clip were:

WE KNOW DRAMA

:facepalm:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
That's TNT's slogan, not the shows. Kind of like when Syfy says 'Imagine Greater' right after quantum kitchen.

In Syfy's case, it's true. They imagine greater ways to produce more shit than any other network lately.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can see through this...the clip I just watched here is not like the show is going to be at all. Its a packaged montage of the best scenes, but its gonna be a soap opera. A futuristic one, but still first and foremost a DRAMA. In fact the last three words of your clip were:

WE KNOW DRAMA

:facepalm:

I fear this is the case. The first episode or so will be rife with spectacular CGI "wow"s but then it will devolve into a drama fest. There will be lots of naval gazing and cathartic moments between characters as they plod thru action-less episode after action-less episode.

And did they say in the clip that the aliens were there for the children??? Huh??? You're kidding, right? They want the brats of planet Earth? Fine, here ya go. No need to blow up the planet to get 'em. Geez.

S

Stonelesscutter

I fear this is the case. The first episode or so will be rife with spectacular CGI "wow"s but then it will devolve into a drama fest. There will be lots of naval gazing and cathartic moments between characters as they plod thru action-less episode after action-less episode.

And did they say in the clip that the aliens were there for the children??? Huh??? You're kidding, right? They want the brats of planet Earth? Fine, here ya go. No need to blow up the planet to get 'em. Geez.

They can have the first bunch for free.
But when they come back for more we're gonna make them pay for them through their noses. Right? ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
They can have the first bunch for free.
But when they come back for more we're gonna make them pay for them through their noses. Right? ;)

I agree. We need more foreign revenue to clean up this banking mess.

B

Backstep

Falling Skies starts next Sunday, I do hope it turns out to be a great series. The premise is fresh 'what happens after the fall' how will humanity fight back to survive, kick the aliens off the planet and rebuild. Not be the soap-fi like sgu, but real team work to over come the adversity's to reclaim the Earth.

G

Graybrew1

Falling Skies starts next Sunday, I do hope it turns out to be a great series. The premise is fresh 'what happens after the fall' how will humanity fight back to survive, kick the aliens off the planet and rebuild. Not be the soap-fi like sgu, but real team work to over come the adversity's to reclaim the Earth.

It will be new, on TV and Scifi. The pickings pretty thin right now, so that works for me. :D

Please don't stink.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I hope its cool, but my prediction is that it will open a lot like Stargate Universe or some other instantly recognizable show (derivative). There will be some initial action, and scenes to introduce the characters and the premise, but then it will settle firmly in the soapy bathtub of soap-fi. Just a prediction. When will there be another preview to look at?

B

Backstep

I hope its cool, but my prediction is that it will open a lot like Stargate Universe or some other instantly recognizable show (derivative). There will be some initial action, and scenes to introduce the characters and the premise, but then it will settle firmly in the soapy bathtub of soap-fi. Just a prediction. When will there be another preview to look at?

I'm hopeful the showrunners did their homework, saw that soap-fi is unpopular with fans. They wrote the characters that will unite and overcome their petty differences and selfishness, the drama comes from the aliens, how to overcome them, not the alien invasion just being the back drop.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm hopeful the showrunners did their homework, saw that soap-fi is unpopular with fans. They wrote the characters that will unite and overcome their petty differences and selfishness, the drama comes from the aliens, how to overcome them, not the alien invasion just being the back drop.

If that is right (bolded), then it might be interesting. But if it immediately starts coupling up characters and starting love triangles we will see it right from the start. The tinkling piano and an alien invasion dont seem to indicate good things to come...

B

Backstep

If that is right (bolded), then it might be interesting. But if it immediately starts coupling up characters and starting love triangles we will see it right from the start. The tinkling piano and an alien invasion dont seem to indicate good things to come...

I know i'm being an optimist, i want to see an good scifi series back. If it turns out to be taking the road of soap-fi, i'll be crushed, if anything hope they take it like the walking dead, in all the scenes you knew the zombie threat was there. The tinkling piano being a setup in the previews, once it starts the tone and pitch changes to the heavy dun dun naaa :icon_lol:

GB said it nicely, this summer has slim pickens for scifi. On syfy W13 i don't care for and Eureka I lost interest in, The AU Eureka deals more with charterer interaction than tiring to fix what some wacky scientist invention is running amuck.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know i'm being an optimist, i want to see an good scifi series back. If it turns out to be taking the road of soap-fi, i'll be crushed, if anything hope they take it like the walking dead, in all the scenes you knew the zombie threat was there. The tinkling piano being a setup in the previews, once it starts the tone and pitch changes to the heavy dun dun naaa :icon_lol:

GB said it nicely, this summer has slim pickens for scifi. On syfy W13 i don't care for and Eureka I lost interest in, The AU Eureka deals more with charterer interaction than tiring to fix what some wacky scientist invention is running amuck.

Perhaps the pickings are slim, but if I have to dust off my collection to watch good science fiction rather than tune in to dreck, thats what Im gonna do! :) Im sure that the showrunners of Stargate thought they were going to "force" Stargate fans to adopt that abomination because there wasnt any other Stargate to watch, but that didnt work either. :) Alternatives are Primeval, Supernatural, Sanctuary, etc.