Falling Skies Discussion Thread *spoilers*

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
G

Graybrew1

To be fair, I agree with everything else he said in that post... Your nemesis did recognize what was missing in the premiere. As much as I generally like him, it's bheader who got it all wrong IMO.

I would have to disagree about the Four Stars. ;)

Bheader gets a break because he is well.....Bheader and a good friend that I have been talking to a lot lately. Give him time he will come around. This other one more than likely will only dig in more.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I would have to disagree about the Four Stars. ;)

Bheader gets a break because he is well.....Bheader and a good friend that I have been talking to a lot lately. Give him time he will come around. This other one more than likely will only dig in more.
Yeah, that's the wrong part.
It's fanboy (and irrational) behavior when you say something nonsensical like "The sci-fi was completely missing in this sci-fi show, but I'll give it a high grade because I'm sure (hoping?) they'll get to it eventually". :facepalm:

G

Graybrew1

Yeah, that's the wrong part.
It's fanboy (and irrational) behavior when you say something nonsensical like "The sci-fi was completely missing in this sci-fi show, but I'll give it a high grade because I'm sure (hoping?) they'll get to it eventually". :facepalm:

That's our boy. This almost makes me want to watch the show crash and burn now........evil laugh..... :icon_twisted:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I knew -- I mean I knew from the opening scene where they were doing an art therapy class with children and used their crayon drawings to depict the alien arrival and attack, that this would be a dog. Totally the wrong tact to take in explaining the alien invasion. I don't need cutesy cutesy finger paintings to explain the aliens I need an adult explanation. Even if the adults don't have all the answers they could have provided a much better (and cooler) opening for the show. I mean, are they trying to appeal to kids or something? If so, that never works in conjunction with an adult fictional show -- never.

Freakin' crayon drawings! :roll:

I am soooo tempted to do a parody on those drawings and that opening scene. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

I just watched the pilot and I found it kinda okay so far. I'm interested in seeing more.
I guess when you go in with low expectations you'll find what you're expecting, but if you go in with no expectations you find something you might like.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the pilot and I found it kinda okay so far. I'm interested in seeing more.
I guess when you go in with low expectations you'll find what you're expecting, but if you go in with no expectations you find something you might like.

And what is it you liked?

G

Graybrew1

I wanted to like it. I just can't stand the kids thing already. I liked the battle scenes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I wanted to like it. I just can't stand the kids thing already. I liked the battle scenes.

I knew there would be plenty of heart-tugging kid stuff going on so I was prepared for it. What bugged me more was the uber bad guy who was just too sinister to be believed. What's even more unbelievable is the fact that the hard core military "Let's fight!" commander actually let the bad guy live. If there was any realism to that show they would have shot the greasy haired uber bad guy in the face and been done with him. Wayyyyyyy too much FAIL in that storyline.

S

Stonelesscutter

And what is it you liked?

What I said is that I'm interested in seeing more and that it may turn out that I like it.
I liked the part where that girl shot those two guys in the head. The aliens aren't too bad either.
So far I find the lead character to be a likeable guy. Is he the same one that was so unbelievably annoying in that SGA episode where he came on to Weir?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What I said is that I'm interested in seeing more and that it may turn out that I like it.
I liked the part where that girl shot those two guys in the head. The aliens aren't too bad either.
So far I find the lead character to be a likeable guy. Is he the same one that was so unbelievably annoying in that SGA episode where he came on to Weir?

Are you talking about Noah Wily (sp?) the guy from ER? Meh, he bugs me. He was never in SGA though.

G

Graybrew1

I knew there would be plenty of heart-tugging kid stuff going on so I was prepared for it. What bugged me more was the uber bad guy who was just too sinister to be believed. What's even more unbelievable is the fact that the hard core military "Let's fight!" commander actually let the bad guy live. If there was any realism to that show they would have shot the greasy haired uber bad guy in the face and been done with him. Wayyyyyyy too much FAIL in that storyline.

That is because he is not the uber bad guy. Can't you see this coming he is the anti hero
of the show. His wise cracks, drinking a beer, and not shooting the hero tells me that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That is because he is not the uber bad guy. Can't you see this coming he is the anti hero
of the show. His wise cracks, drinking a beer, and not shooting the hero tells me that.

And we're to simply forget his sanctioning of the kidnapping, abuse and rape of women??? Color me crazy but I can't get past that little fact in order to see the heart of gold this "anti hero" is hiding. :roll:

(Yes, I gave you an eye roll. I feel bad now. I hope you're happy!)

G

Graybrew1

And we're to simply forget his sanctioning of the kidnapping, abuse and rape of women??? Color me crazy but I can't get past that little fact in order to see the heart of gold this "anti hero" is hiding. :roll:

(Yes, I gave you an eye roll. I feel bad now. I hope you're happy!)

Did you see the previews? Me thinks you had better get ready for some more eye rolling. LOL. That can all be explained away by him being actually some sort of a double agent or not being the that did those things. He looks to be joining them next week, from the look of the previews.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
That wasn't bad, always like a group of ragtags being the underdog. That kid is super annoying. But I guess they're supposed to be, eh. Least they're doing stuff and not emo'ing around. Gonna keep watching to see where they take us. I guess one good thing about this show is that there isn't much spoilers like the SG stuff, even though I can guess most stuff. Was fun to see Major Davis, even if he was a bad guy. haha.

They didn't shoot the bad guy because he had guns aimed at the civilians which would have slowed them down further and drawn attention to the ships that were on the way. Granted, the gang was pretty stupid, there's strength in numbers at this point.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did you see the previews? Me thinks you had better get ready for some more eye rolling. LOL. That can all be explained away by him being actually some sort of a double agent or not being the that did those things. He looks to be joining them next week, from the look of the previews.

Yeah, another bad guy who turns nice. Yawn. Soaps have been doing that for decades. It's nothing new. Still, it is rather sickening that he'd sanction such behavior yet be given a pass. I mean, he sanctioned the kidnapping of the blond chick and the odds of him not knowing that his brother was abusing her are pretty slim. That alone proves there's nothing redeeming about the character. I don't care how "nice" he becomes in the future, he's forever tainted with being downright evil. Shoot him in the face I say, shoot him in the face!